Charity Notices/Events This section is intended for the posting of information regarding charities, notices of charity events or promotions. You may post information regarding making donations but only if the charity is nationally recognized...if your charity is not nationally recognized you can post charity information and ask members to pm you if they wish to make a donation...You must have 100 posts minimum to be able to start a thread. All threads are subject to approval of Moderators.

SEAL Team 6 - Please Help.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 10:03 AM
Tpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to all
SEAL Team 6 - Please Help.

Good morning,

My brother is a Navy SEAL; he and his team were some of the first boots on the ground in Afghanistan after 9/11 and he has rotated in and out every 4 months since (with some few exceptions). You also know that many Special Operations personnel, along with several SEAL’s, were killed this month in a helicopter crash. What you may not know is that there is very little ongoing benefits for the families of the fallen soldiers. Below you will find links to non-profit groups whose sole purpose is to provide support to families of fallen SEAL’s and Special Operations members. I hope you will consider a donation, no matter how big or small, to help the families of our fallen brothers. These sites were suggested by my brother.

If you are interested in contributing to the families of those who were killed, the best options are the Naval Special Warfare Foundation and the Special Operations Warrior Fund.

The Naval Special Warfare Foundation's mission is to provide immediate and ongoing support and assistance to the Naval Special Warfare community and their families. Donation methods are explained on their website at http://www.nswfoundation.org/

The Special Operations Warrior Foundation provides full scholarship grants and educational and family counseling to the surviving children of special operations personnel who die in operational or training missions and immediate financial assistance to severely wounded special operations personnel and their families. The Website is http://www.specialops.org/

Thank you for your consideration. I have donated to both of the sites.

Old 08-17-2011, 12:01 AM
J-Rad is infamous around these parts
I'll add another:
Tommy V Challenge/Thomas J. Valentine Memorial Fund

Tom was a friend of mine growing up. His wife put on together this memorial event. As stated on the website:
Through the Thomas J. Valentine Memorial Fund, we will fill the interim needs of the surviving spouses and children of our fallen warriors. The short term and long terms needs have been met through various organizations. It's the in between needs, i.e. legal fees (wills, estate management fees, etc.); household & auto repairs. Counseling assistance (outside of the military chain) and so on that we need to cover. Their needs are many, their needs are great. Through the Thomas J. Valentine Memorial Fund we can alleviate some of the financial burdens that arise months after the funeral.

The Thomas J. Valentine Memorial Fund will continue to support the efforts of the Naval SEAL Foundation and other organizations with the mission of supporting of the Naval Special Forces community.
Please consider a dontation to this honorable cause.

Last edited by J-Rad; 08-17-2011 at 10:47 PM.