Chicago A Regional 6speedonline enthusiast member group.

D&M Motorsports Chicago?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 08:00 PM
DarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really nice
D&M Motorsports Chicago?

Has anyone dealt with them? Good/Bad/run?

http://wwwheels.com/cfapps/car.cfm?I...958&cfreferrer=

Old 12-29-2007, 03:02 PM
Will Party for Food!!!!
Jeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond repute
Never heard of them, and I used to be in the business...for whatever that's worth.

Also, there is a lot to know about those spyder reproductions, probably more than meets the eye.

Old 12-29-2007, 04:26 PM
Vik
Vik has a spectacular aura aboutVik has a spectacular aura about
Never heard of them either Dario. Sorry.

Old 12-29-2007, 04:42 PM
kvsm3 is infamous around these parts
I believe them to be a reputable dealer. They are also an authorized superformance cobra dealer.

Old 12-29-2007, 05:21 PM
DarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really nice
Originally Posted by Jeremy
Never heard of them, and I used to be in the business...for whatever that's worth.

Also, there is a lot to know about those spyder reproductions, probably more than meets the eye.
Please enlighten ... I'm thinking about getting one for my Dad's birthday present.

Old 12-29-2007, 07:52 PM
C-M2 has a spectacular aura aboutC-M2 has a spectacular aura about
Never heard of them but I'm willing to check them out in a few weeks.

Old 12-29-2007, 11:30 PM
Will Party for Food!!!!
Jeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond repute
Basically the replicas themselves range significantly. The standard issue model from Beck is full o VW parts (lights, etc)

I sold one that had Porsche head and tail lights, a Porsche nardi wood steering wheel, Porsche wheel covers, valve covers, and even an original Porsche vin tag.

My point here is that while they are the same cars, sometimes they are not very comparable. The car mentioned above is obviously worth significantly more than the standard issue vw parts cars, so keep things like that in mind while shopping.

Also, it has been my experience that many of the cars haven't been thoroughly sorted out. I don't know if it was that they didn't leave the Beck factory at 100%, if they degraded over time, or if it was because of previous owners, however the two or three I saw come through the shop I was working at all had issues that needed to be sorted out, mostly minor things, but they add up to become annoying. I wish I remembered specifics, but you can probably find a forum around here somewhere full of beck spyder owners.

I would also be happy to check out the car (cosmetically) for you if you'd like. I'll be heading that way Tues-Wed.

J

Old 12-29-2007, 11:56 PM
f1fan5 is infamous around these parts
I lived down the road from them about 2 years ago, went in there one day in a piece of junk vehicle and dirty clothes (just got done working on a car) with my friend and they showed us around the whole place, seem like reallly nice people, but I've never done business with them

Old 12-31-2007, 09:23 AM
TBOS2K is infamous around these parts
Test drove a Superformance Cobra with my dad at their place. Guys were extremely nice and treated us like kings. Never bought anything from them, however, I've heard nothing but good things about them.