Chicago A Regional 6speedonline enthusiast member group.

3/13 Streets of Woodfield Tonight

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 02:17 AM
D-VO is infamous around these partsD-VO is infamous around these parts
I'll definitely try to make it out there a bit this summer... perhaps in a turbo E34 BMW

Old 03-31-2007, 06:07 AM
Tucker is a splendid one to beholdTucker is a splendid one to beholdTucker is a splendid one to beholdTucker is a splendid one to beholdTucker is a splendid one to beholdTucker is a splendid one to beholdTucker is a splendid one to beholdTucker is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 10th03cobra
Yeppers, pretty much anytime it is nice out.

BTW I am program manager at U of I in Naperville
I never knew they had a campus or programs out there.

What'd you think about the whole chief thing?

Old 03-31-2007, 12:50 PM
The Pun
Originally Posted by Tucker
I never knew they had a campus or programs out there.

What'd you think about the whole chief thing?
Actually I am part of a group that is setting up the Naperville campus currently. We started workign on it in October and move into our build out next month. We should have courses running in Naperville by this fall.

As far as the chief thing goes, no comment.

Old 03-31-2007, 03:54 PM
Tucker is a splendid one to beholdTucker is a splendid one to beholdTucker is a splendid one to beholdTucker is a splendid one to beholdTucker is a splendid one to beholdTucker is a splendid one to beholdTucker is a splendid one to beholdTucker is a splendid one to behold
Actually I am part of a group that is setting up the Naperville campus currently. We started workign on it in October and move into our build out next month. We should have courses running in Naperville by this fall.

As far as the chief thing goes, no comment.
That sounds pretty exciting. As a student and supporter of Illinois athletics as well as having a couple of good buddies who play sports down here, I was and still am extremely dissapointed in how the situation was handled. Three of the board members making a decision not only for the rest of the board but the entire faculty and student body is ridiculous and unethical. In the two years that I've been here, I have never ever heard a negative mention or derogatory comment about him, only respect and pride.

As far as the effects of the decision, we can now hold post-season tennis matches which I've heard brings in copius amounts of money. Financially, I would think the loss in alumni donations and merchandise sales (not 100% sure but I think they're stopping sales) will far outweigh any revenue earned from hosting tennis.

It's also dissapointing to see the NCAA playing favorites. The San Diego State Aztecs have been left off the list. The president of that university just so happens to be the chancellor of NCAA division 1 board of directors. The Fighting Irish haven't been placed on the NCAA's list and can easily be interpreted as offensive to Irish descendants.

Sorry for the rant, it's just sad.

Old 03-31-2007, 04:36 PM
The Pun
Originally Posted by Tucker
That sounds pretty exciting. As a student and supporter of Illinois athletics as well as having a couple of good buddies who play sports down here, I was and still am extremely dissapointed in how the situation was handled. Three of the board members making a decision not only for the rest of the board but the entire faculty and student body is ridiculous and unethical. In the two years that I've been here, I have never ever heard a negative mention or derogatory comment about him, only respect and pride.

As far as the effects of the decision, we can now hold post-season tennis matches which I've heard brings in copius amounts of money. Financially, I would think the loss in alumni donations and merchandise sales (not 100% sure but I think they're stopping sales) will far outweigh any revenue earned from hosting tennis.

It's also dissapointing to see the NCAA playing favorites. The San Diego State Aztecs have been left off the list. The president of that university just so happens to be the chancellor of NCAA division 1 board of directors. The Fighting Irish haven't been placed on the NCAA's list and can easily be interpreted as offensive to Irish descendants.

Sorry for the rant, it's just sad.
I agree totally... Damn Hippies ruined it for all of us!!!!

Old 04-05-2007, 06:05 PM
UneekTT is infamous around these parts
Not every hippie is a bad hippie

I agree totally... Damn Hippies ruined it for all of us!!!!

Old 04-05-2007, 10:03 PM
The Pun
Originally Posted by UneekTT
Not every hippie is a bad hippie

Business hippies are cool...

Old 04-06-2007, 11:22 AM
UneekTT is infamous around these parts
I am going to Streets tonight!

I might not stay all that long - so try to come early, actually, if you guys get hungry, come to Pompei on Higgins just west of Meacham about 7 or so, you should/will see a bunch of Euro cars from Euroteknik.com - thats where I am eating dinner, you guys should come and join in the fun!