Chicago A Regional 6speedonline enthusiast member group.

Things to do in Chicago....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 07:04 AM
quick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant future
Things to do in Chicago....

Coming to chicago next week for couple of days and was wondering how to keep my 4 and 5 year old busy...any beach/es in the area ?
Thanks

Last edited by quick; 06-29-2007 at 09:38 AM.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:14 AM
club411 is a jewel in the roughclub411 is a jewel in the roughclub411 is a jewel in the roughclub411 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by quick
Coming to chicago for couple of days next week and was wondering how to keep my 4 and 5 year old busy...any beach/es in the area ?
Thanks
Museum of sci and industry, navy pier, lakefrom brookfeild zoo, sears tower
mellenium park

Old 06-29-2007, 03:01 PM
Vik
Vik has a spectacular aura aboutVik has a spectacular aura about
taste of chicago, planetarium, lincoln park zoo,

Old 06-29-2007, 04:03 PM
PhlypSide is infamous around these parts
If you have access to a car (or are renting one) might I suggest heading north of the city and going to a beach in Wilmette or Winnetka?

www.winpark.org (look up "Tower Beach")
www.wilmettepark.org (look up "Gilson Beach")

Else I'd say go to the Children's Museum downtown...
http://www.chichildrensmuseum.org/

Enjoy the city!

Old 06-29-2007, 11:27 PM
SellLow has a spectacular aura aboutSellLow has a spectacular aura aboutSellLow has a spectacular aura about
not sure why anyone would pick a suburban beach over the city, or Children's museum over S&I, Field, MCA, Art Institute, etc.

Old 07-01-2007, 10:38 AM
Kingofcars is infamous around these parts
Gene & Judes for a dog, Johnnie's for a beef and Hagens for fried shrimp!

Old 07-02-2007, 11:24 AM
PhlypSide is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SellLow
not sure why anyone would pick a suburban beach over the city, or Children's museum over S&I, Field, MCA, Art Institute, etc.
Hey just answering the original poster's request. Sounded to me like they have kids to entertain?

Beaches? The city beaches are overcrowded and dirty by comparison to the suburban beaches. The suburban beaches are also more kid friendly with playgrounds right there on the beach. The only drawbacks are distance and the non-resident fees (to pay the lifeguards and keep the beaches clean and safe )

Old 07-02-2007, 03:10 PM
.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by PhlypSide
Hey just answering the original poster's request. Sounded to me like they have kids to entertain?

Beaches? The city beaches are overcrowded and dirty by comparison to the suburban beaches. The suburban beaches are also more kid friendly with playgrounds right there on the beach. The only drawbacks are distance and the non-resident fees (to pay the lifeguards and keep the beaches clean and safe )
yes i would also recommend suburban beaches if you have children with you. and if you enjoy relaxing

Old 07-02-2007, 03:12 PM
fixedupw203 is infamous around these parts
if the sox or the cubs are in town, take them to a game?
I came back from Chicago a few weeks ago and it was really humid. I don't know what the weather is like right now but it wasn't very nice.

Old 07-02-2007, 09:15 PM
alexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud of
agora in grant park

Old 07-03-2007, 02:12 PM
saintv90 is infamous around these parts
Screw all that...rent a car and drive to Milwaukee for Summerfest! (www.summerfest.com)

Old 07-04-2007, 11:57 PM
JayFunk is a jewel in the roughJayFunk is a jewel in the roughJayFunk is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by saintv90
Screw all that...rent a car and drive to Milwaukee for Summerfest! (www.summerfest.com)
HATER!!

everything above as well as the brookfield zoo, navy pier, and the planetarium!!

and btw, i think the dawgs at SUPERDAWG's or Poochies are way better than G&J. also, im still a fan of Al's beef but will try Johnny's soon.

Old 07-05-2007, 05:43 AM
Kingofcars is infamous around these parts
Hey Jay,

SuperDags is great. Poochies was like a toilet last time I was in there. (15 years ago?)

Old 07-05-2007, 08:00 AM
Will Party for Food!!!!
Jeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond repute
Gene & Judes > SuperDawg (which is still very good)

Never been to poochies...probably as a result of the King's comment (above)

Old 07-06-2007, 01:50 AM
JayFunk is a jewel in the roughJayFunk is a jewel in the roughJayFunk is a jewel in the rough
Poochies a toliet? are we sure we are talking about the same place? i live by peterson and western and the girl and I like to switch it up sometimes and head over to poochies instead of Superdawg's. i thought the place was great and it looks in no ways a toliet . Poochies has the awards as well as G&J's and superdawgs. bottom line is we like our hot dogs, with hot peppers please!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Things to do in Chicago....