Dyno Day (11.15.08)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 08:26 PM
JDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to all
Dyno Day (11.15.08)

Over the last couple weeks or so, I have been in contact with my tuner Harvey, and the people at Super Rupair in Boulder. For those of you who don't know the shop, they do most of the tuning of AWD cars (mainly Subarus and celebrity cars) in the Boulder area. Super Rupair has a Dyno Dynamics dyno which reads lower then others like the Dynojet. This is where it gets the name, "The Heartbreaker." That means if you put down high numbers here, your in good shape. I figured it would be cool to get a group of cars together for a dyno day before they get put away for the winter. As this is an AWD capable dyno, any drivetrain configuration is acceptable.

This dyno day will be held Saturday, November 15th at the discounted rate of only $50.00 a car for members of 6 Speed and Ferrari Chat ONLY. That $50 includes 3 dyno runs with curves such as horsepower, torque, Air Fuel Ratios, boost if applicable and print outs of your runs. If anybody was wondering what your car really puts down over a mile high in altitude, this is your shot. The dyno day will be limited to a total of 30 cars so get your name on the list ASAP. Once I get a copy of the liability waver from Harv, I will post the PDF here.

NOTE: Cars with automatic transmissions sometimes have trouble in the dyno. If the car downshifts during a pull, it will try and jump off the dyno. That said, unless you can make your automatic transmission stay in one gear for the entire RPM band, you should not sign up your car.

Here is their address:

Super Rupair Inc.
1309 Yarmouth Ave
Boulder, Colorado 80304
phone: 303-442-6508
toll free: 888-442-6508

I have attached the PDF of the waver. If you could sign that and bring it in with you that would be great.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Super Rupair Waver 2.pdf (32.3 KB, 57 views)

Last edited by JDMdoriffftoooo; 04-26-2011 at 06:00 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:02 AM
villains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the rough
Thats awesome Cooper. Provided the weather holds, i'll prolly bring 2 cars. If you dont get enough folks off here too, let me know and we can x-post to Audiworld.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:52 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Is it really safe for our turbo's? Or should we plan on disconnecting the front diff.?

Old 11-04-2008, 07:59 AM
villains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by wross996TT
Is it really safe for our turbo's? Or should we plan on disconnecting the front diff.?
Should be fine man. I have dyno'd high HP awd cars before without issue. I'm hoping i can bring the UrQ, which should hopefully be putting down 400+ to the ground on all 4...so y'alls slow *** 996's should be fine LOL

Old 11-04-2008, 10:50 AM
JDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to all
There are loads of videos on youtube of turbos being dynoed so I imagine you would be fine.

Glad to see your coming dave. Need anyone to drive one of the cars to Boulder? *wink wink nudge nudge* I think it will be early enough in Nov that the weather will still be OK. Both of you are are AWD anyways so I expect to see you no matter what What happened to coming to C&C this weekend? Id really like to get some definitave answers from people though so I can make a list. Thanks.

Last edited by JDMdoriffftoooo; 11-04-2008 at 10:55 AM.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:03 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
All awd's are not the same...so my question is has Super Rupair done Porsches? Do they know how to tap in to get the AFRs?....also I have to wait to see what time the Buffs play....

Old 11-04-2008, 11:12 AM
All awd's are not the same...so my question is has Super Rupair done Porsches? Do they know how to tap in to get the AFRs?....also I have to wait to see what time the Buffs play....
To my knowledge, they do AFRs by putting a sniffer into the exhaust. I will ask Harv if hes ever done a Turbo before. If you need to get out early, just be one of the first to get there.

Last edited by JDMdoriffftoooo; 11-04-2008 at 11:16 AM.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by JDMdoriffftoooo
What happened to coming to C&C this weekend?
I got sh**faced on Friday night and couldnt pick up the Lambo from KKA till the next morning, at which point i wasnt able to meet him there till after C&C was over. My friend was there in his new v10 S6 though...sucks that I missed it, pretty rare to get a nice day like that in Nov around here.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by villains_turbo
I got sh**faced on Friday night and couldnt pick up the Lambo from KKA till the next morning, at which point i wasnt able to meet him there till after C&C was over. My friend was there in his new v10 S6 though...sucks that I missed it, pretty rare to get a nice day like that in Nov around here.
Yeah I saw the car, got one photo of it. He wasnt there very long though. Should I put you down for 2 cars?

Old 11-04-2008, 03:20 PM
I posted on a couple of sites. Kevin (from UMW) said this dyno will only dyno a Porsche with the front diff disconnected...

Old 11-04-2008, 04:07 PM
I posted on a couple of sites. Kevin (from UMW) said this dyno will only dyno a Porsche with the front diff disconnected...
Harvey is calling Dyno Dynamics as we speak. I'll report back once I know for sure one way or the other.

Old 11-04-2008, 06:49 PM
mdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud of
can i run my ctd on that?

Old 11-04-2008, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by mdurbahn
can i run my ctd on that?
Honestly, i'm not sure what that is.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:36 AM
mdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud of
sorry, cummins turbo diesel (dodge truck) if it is a little dyno it might break it.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by mdurbahn
sorry, cummins turbo diesel (dodge truck) if it is a little dyno it might break it.
haha I dont know about that. Harv said it can hold about 1100hp completely uncorrected.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dyno Day (11.15.08)