So where's everybody going May 2nd? Park Meadows or Southlands??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 12:17 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gumba
You hit it on the head when you said the 951 is better looking than anything mistu has every released.

OR

WHATEVER DUDE
exactly, "WHAAT EEEVER!!!" I know you're laughing

Old 05-15-2009, 12:40 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
23 year old car pulling away from evo, ha ha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRfeS0D-EzU

Old 05-15-2009, 12:59 PM
Here is a 23 year old car smoking an NSX on the track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dzCy...eature=related

Old 05-15-2009, 01:28 PM
RS4 Tom is infamous around these parts
Gumba, did they let you out of kindercare early today?

Old 05-15-2009, 02:35 PM
Lame

I know even you laughed at that one......

Or how about:
Gumba: Evo's is faster than anything. I'll beat all ya'll
DC: I'd like to run you
Gumba: you wanna race? yo, who are you frontin to me. you wanna race? sure, I'll hook you up boyee, I gots plenty of evos for you. I'll get someone to race you boyee!!
DC: I meant you!
Gumba: yeah me, I got someone for yeah, yu'll see. Cuz I'm faster than you with someone elses car.
See cuz I gots:::

Old 05-16-2009, 01:09 AM
Imola2001 has a spectacular aura aboutImola2001 has a spectacular aura aboutImola2001 has a spectacular aura about
Gosh I really wish my evo had those pop up headlights their so cool even still today. Dork, do you sport a mullet too.
FWIW I happen to like my car with the pop up headlights, and no, I do not sport a mullet.

Cast another vote for "The 944 is better looking".

Old 05-16-2009, 07:58 AM
dawk is a jewel in the roughdawk is a jewel in the roughdawk is a jewel in the rough
FWIW I love my pop up headlights as well... This thread has gotten ridiculous. I owned a '86 951 and would take it over a EVO any day. I own a Honda myself, but don't consider myself a "ricer". My decision was between a 996TT and a NSX, still have a soft spot for the 911. I watched the video of that 951 and the NSX, the 951 had over 450-470 HP NSX had 310.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:02 AM
ldc
ldc is a jewel in the roughldc is a jewel in the roughldc is a jewel in the rough
Wow, this is great, Gumby cant hang with a 996tt with his beloved lancer so now he is picking on a 20yo 951. In that case lets compare the looks of oldest lancer available, its only fair right:

SWEET wish i would have seen these before i bought my 996!!

dc

Old 05-16-2009, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by dawk
FWIW I love my pop up headlights as well... This thread has gotten ridiculous. I owned a '86 951 and would take it over a EVO any day. I own a Honda myself, but don't consider myself a "ricer". My decision was between a 996TT and a NSX, still have a soft spot for the 911. I watched the video of that 951 and the NSX, the 951 had over 450-470 HP NSX had 310.

you don't consider it Rice because the NSX is not rice, it is a true supercar. IMO the best Japanese sports car ever made and hence why it is often termed the Japanese Ferrari. Great car.

Don't know, that Evo DC posted might just be better looking than any NSX or 951

Old 05-16-2009, 10:40 AM
Point2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to behold
You can tell some interesting things about the owner's intent by looking at a car's mods. Gumba, you talk a lot about the Evo's handling prowess and track ability, but I would guess those attributes are not high on your personal priority list.

You have Rota Torque wheels on your car. These are lookalikes of the Work Emotion CR Kai wheel. The Work wheels are decent, high quality items that are a good choice for street/track use. Your Rota's sell primarily on low price and the similar appearance to the Work wheels. You get the JDM look with a cheap wheel from a Philippino manufacturer.

You have Falken ZE-512 tires. These are low cost all-season (M+S rated) tires. These perform significantly worse from a handling perspective than the Yokohama Advan A046 tires that were OEM on your car.

You have Megan Street coilovers. These are the some of the cheapest coilovers available for the Evo. You have ride height adjustability and a range of rebound settings, but the dampers are not high quality performance parts. If I was building an Evo for street/track use, I'd go with coilovers from KW or Ohlins. If I couldn't afford that I'd rather use OEM MR Bilsteins than the Megan coilovers.

I'm guessing you like to be able to reel off a long mod list as part of your pride of ownership. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, and you've achieved such a goal by using budget priced parts. However, I think your car would now handle worse on the track than a stock Evo VIII.

Old 05-16-2009, 10:42 AM
Dweezil is infamous around these parts
Some ownage going on around here, eh?

Old 05-17-2009, 04:56 PM
DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !
Excellent post +reps

Originally Posted by Point2Point
You can tell some interesting things about the owner's intent by looking at a car's mods. Gumba, you talk a lot about the Evo's handling prowess and track ability, but I would guess those attributes are not high on your personal priority list.

You have Rota Torque wheels on your car. These are lookalikes of the Work Emotion CR Kai wheel. The Work wheels are decent, high quality items that are a good choice for street/track use. Your Rota's sell primarily on low price and the similar appearance to the Work wheels. You get the JDM look with a cheap wheel from a Philippino manufacturer.

You have Falken ZE-512 tires. These are low cost all-season (M+S rated) tires. These perform significantly worse from a handling perspective than the Yokohama Advan A046 tires that were OEM on your car.

You have Megan Street coilovers. These are the some of the cheapest coilovers available for the Evo. You have ride height adjustability and a range of rebound settings, but the dampers are not high quality performance parts. If I was building an Evo for street/track use, I'd go with coilovers from KW or Ohlins. If I couldn't afford that I'd rather use OEM MR Bilsteins than the Megan coilovers.

I'm guessing you like to be able to reel off a long mod list as part of your pride of ownership. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, and you've achieved such a goal by using budget priced parts. However, I think your car would now handle worse on the track than a stock Evo VIII.

Old 05-18-2009, 12:11 PM
Banned
Indiana is infamous around these parts
Lets change it up a bit and chain up. I would like to see if my Viper (with slicks) could truly "pull an Evo".

Old 05-18-2009, 02:59 PM
Banned
Gumba is infamous around these partsGumba is infamous around these parts
What did I miss?

Old 05-18-2009, 03:22 PM
Banned
Gumba is infamous around these partsGumba is infamous around these parts
Point2Point, you're right if there's any one area my car is lacking right now its probably the suspension and wheels. But that doesn't mean what I have on the car is worse than stock. I know what you're saying is all based on assumptions so there's really no point in arguing here. Put it this way, I've gotten the car sideways at 85 mph and it stuck like glue. I've counter steered this evo with this exact setup at those speeds probably over 10 times and the handling is down right ridiculous. Could it be better with a set of Advans and Work's propped up on Ohlins, ah yeah, but I wouldn't say for one second my setup is worse than stock. Obviously you're just assuming things here. I've driven on the stock setup for about 10K miles and it sucks compared to what I have now. Ride height has so much to do with handling, but that's a whole nother discussion. I could care less if the stocks were Bilsteins or whatever, a name brand doesn't mean crap if it can't perform. I've driven my Evo probably over 30 times doing canyon runs and have pushed this car harder than you know. I've owned the car for just about a year and my next mods are all going to be suspension and traction based. Meaning new wheels, new coilovers, new rotors, new brakes, and new tyres. Do I think there's going to be a night and day difference? Probably, but that doesn't mean it's going to drive that much bettter. Like you guys mentioned before, it comes down to the driver right. I've seen guys myself take their stock rides and kill it in the canyons. It's taken me over a year to really get a good feel of the Evo, yes I said a year. This car is not something you just jump into and take a corner at 45 mph and know exactly how its going to perform. With the combo of being a turbo, with very tight gears, and AWD it's taken me a while to adjust to how it handles on the road. Coming from a NA RWD setup in the past this is a whole different ballgame. Anyhow that's it for me for a while you guys keep rambling on.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So where's everybody going May 2nd? Park Meadows or Southlands??