So where's everybody going May 2nd? Park Meadows or Southlands??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 07:04 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
thanks dennis. when are the rides....lol

Old 04-20-2009, 07:10 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wross996TT
thanks dennis. when are the rides....lol

well since the shows are going RICE, we might as well drift around the parking lot

Old 04-20-2009, 09:41 PM
acs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Prche951
oh no we're going to get riced
Yea, there was a yellow integra with infiniti g35 body and emblem, we don't want to have those kind of cars crashing our GI meet.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:44 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by acs-3
Yea, there was a yellow integra with infiniti g35 body and emblem, we don't want to have those kind of cars crashing our GI meet.

not that is RICE. an integra pretending to be a Nissan. I mean he could have at least pretended being a supra or GTR

Old 04-20-2009, 09:50 PM
acs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond repute
not that is RICE. an integra pretending to be a Nissan. I mean he could have at least pretended being a supra or GTR
Yeah, or a porsche body....hmmmm

Old 04-20-2009, 09:56 PM
Yeah, or a porsche body....hmmmm

maybe it was a porsche pretending to be an Integra

Old 04-21-2009, 10:37 AM
RS4 Tom is infamous around these parts

Agreed. I'm ok with the guys that made their cars fast, and race em, or the sleepers, but not too cool with the primered body kits etc etc.

Since tuning econoboxes is basically what lead to BMW's M division and the higher end Audi's like my RS4, I have to respect it, to a point.

Old 04-29-2009, 11:38 AM
Imola2001 has a spectacular aura aboutImola2001 has a spectacular aura aboutImola2001 has a spectacular aura about
Hi,
I have spoken with Bill [one of the C&C Denver (Southlands) founders] and we discussed a drive from GI to Southlands at 10am so that everyone who wishes can enjoy both locations, and not feel like they have to choose one or the other.

We know that some will only go to GI, and some will only go to Southlands, but want to let eveyone know that they are welcome to go to both locations.

* Note: There is also a "C&C" in Boulder on this day as well, and this is not intended to replace that event in any such way. Those who have enjoyed going to "C&C Boulder" are encouraged to continue to support that great event.

* Note: This is not a RME sponsored event/gathering/show and it is not being promoted as such.

Old 04-29-2009, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by D33PBLU3
The one idea that was strongly agreed upon was that Imola2001 was disruptive to the RME and a few other forums. That problem has been resolved.

Bill and Jim seem like ok people, definitely dedicated to their cause, but if I had some skin in the game, I would be too. This is definitely not us vs. them. We have an established / well liked event and location, they are locked into Southlands. I do appreciate their enthusiasm and perseverance, they have an interesting road ahead of them. I wish them luck.

I guess you never read the above postings, so I highlighted them for you

Old 04-29-2009, 02:57 PM
Imola2001 has a spectacular aura aboutImola2001 has a spectacular aura aboutImola2001 has a spectacular aura about
I guess you never read the above postings, so I highlighted them for you
I'm not sure how letting people know that they do not have to feel like they have to choose between going to GI & Southlands, and can go to both if so desired is disruptive to anybody including those who are members of RME.

If somebody does want to come to GI, great!

If somebody does not want to come to GI, great!

If somebody wants to go to Southlands, great!

If somebody does not want to go to Southlands, great!

If somebody wants to go to "C&C Boulder", great!

If somebody wants to sleep in past noon and not go to any of the three, great!

Adding to my post above, Bill called me this afternoon to say that he plans on having his son "lead the cruise" from GI to Southlands at 10am in his yellow Lambo.

The weather here in SoCO is great, time for a drive with the top down.

Best,

Old 04-29-2009, 08:41 PM
DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !
Whew, thanks Mike for clearing this up for the rest of us, especially the RME group. I was really struggling with that feeling of having to choose- but now that you piped in and gave the go ahead for us to go to both, wow!

Just curious, anyone feel they are in a position of having to choose between going to either GI or Southlands?

Bueller? .....Bueller?

[nothing but the sound of crickets]

Originally Posted by Imola2001
I'm not sure how letting people know that they do not have to feel like they have to choose between going to GI & Southlands, and can go to both if so desired is disruptive to anybody including those who are members of RME.

If somebody does want to come to GI, great!

If somebody does not want to come to GI, great!

If somebody wants to go to Southlands, great!

If somebody does not want to go to Southlands, great!

If somebody wants to go to "C&C Boulder", great!

If somebody wants to sleep in past noon and not go to any of the three, great!

Adding to my post above, Bill called me this afternoon to say that he plans on having his son "lead the cruise" from GI to Southlands at 10am in his yellow Lambo.

The weather here in SoCO is great, time for a drive with the top down.

Best,

Old 04-29-2009, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by D33PBLU3
Whew, thanks Mike for clearing this up for the rest of us, especially the RME group. I was really struggling with that feeling of having to choose- but now that you piped in and gave the go ahead for us to go to both, wow!

Just curious, anyone feel they are in a position of having to choose between going to either GI or Southlands?

Bueller? .....Bueller?

[nothing but the sound of crickets]
Give me a break!

The title of the thread and the question from the OP was "Where are you going, GI OR Southlands?" This implies that a choice has to be made between the two, and from the looks of it people were choosing one or the other.

Nobody needs my permission (or that of RME?) to choose where they want to go in the morning, if they choose to go anywhere. I never posted this.

Bill, one of the "Southlands founders", has recognized that many people like going to GI from 8am to 10am on Saturday mornings, and wanted to let them know that they are welcome to join in at Southlands when they are done at GI. As I posted, he plans on having his son lead a cruise from GI to Southlands at 10am for those that want to go.

My posting on this was simply informative, and nowhere did it say that I was "now giving permission" for people to go to both locations. Had Bill called you instead of me, I bet you would have made a similar post to mine, one that was simply letting people know that the "Southlands founders" want to invite those who go to GI to join them at 10am, and you do not have to be "at Southlands at 9am or else", and showing up later is just fine.

Best,

Old 04-29-2009, 11:00 PM
7turbo is infamous around these parts
[QUOTE=Imola2001;2366638

My posting on this was simply informative, and nowhere did it say that I was "now giving permission" for people to go to both locations. Had Bill called you instead of me, I bet you would have made a similar post to mine, one that was simply letting people know that the "Southlands founders" want to invite those who go to GI to join them at 10am, and you do not have to be "at Southlands at 9am or else", and showing up later is just fine.

Best,[/QUOTE]

Jim and I are trying to have as many cars as possible at our first show on May 2nd. When you called asking about leading a cruise from GI to Southlands, I told you that it sounded like a good idea as we want people to feel welcome but that Jim and I wouldn't be able to do both as we would be busy setting up.

I spoke to my son and he was happy to come to GI and help lead anyone interested over to Southlands when the show at GI is finished.

Hopefully anyone that is interested in coming from GI to Southlands, will feel welcome.

Now if the weather will just cooperate.

Old 04-29-2009, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by 7turbo
Now if the weather will just cooperate.
If only every day could be like today

Old 04-30-2009, 05:28 AM
Club Auto is infamous around these partsClub Auto is infamous around these parts
How about we do the last Saturday of the month at Club Auto Colorado?

Then....

1st Saturday will be held in (Boulder)
2nd Saturday will be at Great Indoors at (Park Meadows)
3rd Saturday will be at Southland Mall (South Aurora)
4th Saturday will be at Club Auto (Lakewood)

The only way this would work though, is if everyone agreed that this what we will do. No since in me trying to promote a bunch of people to come to Club Auto if the Southland or GI meets are going on at the same time.

I do agree that all the groups should work together on this if we would like to build up a Cars and Coffee to 500 plus cars. But what do I know? I'm one of those ricers (at least a fast one though) that can't afford a real exotic car and have to borrow one from my boss!

Mike B

Last edited by Club Auto; 04-30-2009 at 05:50 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So where's everybody going May 2nd? Park Meadows or Southlands??