So where's everybody going May 2nd? Park Meadows or Southlands??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 04:55 PM
Banned
Gumba is infamous around these partsGumba is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ldc
I would just be happy to run into one of these "porsche killin evo's" on the denver streets. I would be curious to see how my "overly expensive slow porsche" would hold up.

dc
What porsche you got dude? I can set up a race for you tonight if you want to put some money where your mouth is. Let me know. Just hope your porsche is running better than 10.2 second 1/4 miles

Old 05-07-2009, 05:18 PM
RS4 Tom is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Gumba
What porsche you got dude? I can set up a race for you tonight if you want to put some money where your mouth is. Let me know. Just hope your porsche is running better than 10.2 second 1/4 miles

Put some money where your mouth is? Didn't he just say he'd like to see how he "hold up" to one of the Evo's? Sounds like a compliment to me, since he is expecting a loss.

Seriously, how old are you? 19-20? Not everything on the internet is a fight.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:02 PM
Banned
would anyone be interested in running the high plains raceway next friday? its open track and we're looking for some other people to join our run. u need a helmut and obviously they do a suspension inspection. i'd like to get in a few runs here earlier than later. every friday is open track. and i'll be setting up another track day here soon. anyone running awd setups?

Old 05-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Point2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by D33PBLU3
Interesting story-

I was very into NSX's for a while, in fact had 4 of them total, all heavily mod'd, let's just say I knew Shad / Comptech very well. Anyway, there were a few of us (all instructor drivers) in our mega mod'd NSX's tearing up the track at an event, this guy named Peter Cunningham (you may have heard of him) he gets in his rental, not only does he catch us, but laps us...yeah, in a rental with 1/4 the hp.

This really changed the way I looked at driving fast- there are really 2 elements, the car and more importantly the driver. Any idiot can have a fast car, (I have had my share) but not any idiot can drive a car fast, especially on a track. Just food for thought, but there are different reasons people are on the track, some are experts and can drive a POS very very well, others have a very very nice car and are just learning, which is usually the case.

If you really want to impress me with your videos, show me some with pros taking the cars around the ring. Walter Röhrl took a GT3 around the 'Ring in 7.42, Horst Von Saurma did it in 8.11 in a Lancer Evo IX, that is almost enough time to make a sandwich and have it half eaten by the time the Evo rolled in. :rollseyes:

btw, Röhrl did a 7.32 in a GT2 and 7.38 in a turbo.

In reality, we're a pretty good group of bastards who definitely enjoy our cars as more than a show piece...(there are a couple exceptions, but thats another thread).

I have a similar story. I worked on racing video game at my last job. Unsurprisingly, there were a lot of car nuts on the dev team. We organized a track day at Pacific Raceways for the team and also invited a few other car enthusiasts. One of our programmers had recently done a season in Star Mazda and showed up with his RX-8. It was all stock other than R-compound tires. It was watching him run down and pass a 360 CS, an Enzo, and a Carrera GT. Driver is such a big factor that you can't judge a car's track potential by looking at relative performance at track days.

Now, something like the One Lap event gives a better indication of what track prepped production cars can do with serious drivers behind the wheel. Guess which car has won One Lap overall the past five years?

Old 05-07-2009, 06:34 PM
ldc
ldc is a jewel in the roughldc is a jewel in the roughldc is a jewel in the rough
I have a 996 tt with exhaust, wheels and a big wing. Oh and some decals!

Since your the one doing the talkin why dont you bring yours out, i will be out friday or saturday cruising.

dc

Old 05-07-2009, 06:54 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !

actually you were the one talking crap about beating 996's with your car, dc wasn't. So why don't you take yours out and put YOUR money where YOUR mouth is.

You sure your not the crowd you don't like on your car

Old 05-07-2009, 10:19 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by ldc
I have a 996 tt with exhaust, wheels and a big wing. Oh and some decals!

Since your the one doing the talkin why dont you bring yours out, i will be out friday or saturday cruising.

dc
i never said i could take a 996tt i'm still on stock 8 turbo and stock cams. wait till next friday, puttin in cosworth cams. car isn't gonna b built till next yr, and still its gonna b a while till i get it to my liking. but if u do wanna run against a built one i got the guy for u. big wing decals you'll love it. he likes cruising wadsworth at 145mph, you may have missed him. just look for the wing and decals. but really come out to bandimere on wednesdays if any of u guys feel like running. i never see any porsches out there. or like i mentioned above about the high plains raceway. do u guys use ur cars as daily drivers or what? well u ****ers need to get out more all i see are those 4s'. i hope ur puttin ur rides to good use. btw what sort of boost u runnin on that tt?

Old 05-07-2009, 10:35 PM
RS4 Tom is infamous around these parts
i never said i could take a 996tt i'm still on stock 8 turbo and stock cams. wait till next friday, puttin in cosworth cams. car isn't gonna b built till next yr, and still its gonna b a while till i get it to my liking. but if u do wanna run against a built one i got the guy for u. big wing decals you'll love it. he likes cruising wadsworth at 145mph, you may have missed him. just look for the wing and decals. but really come out to bandimere on wednesdays if any of u guys feel like running. i never see any porsches out there. or like i mentioned above about the high plains raceway. do u guys use ur cars as daily drivers or what? well u ****ers need to get out more all i see are those 4s'. i hope ur puttin ur rides to good use. btw what sort of boost u runnin on that tt?

Seriously, not to nitpick, but...WTF?

also, 145 on Wadsworth? Sounds like your friend is about as smart as a rock. Which was to be expected.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:47 PM
DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !
Holy jumpin' Jesus on a pogo stick! You're talking crap and your car cant hang?

Well you just tell your friend that I have a friend who has a friend and his friend has this car that is THE most insane fastest thing I have ever read about on the internet, just come on out- when something passes you with this shrieking screaming sound of twin turbos and you feel like you are getting sucked out the window while you lose 50hp of stickers...yep, that was him.

Get to bed junior, tomorrow's a school day!

Last edited by DEEPBLUE; 05-07-2009 at 10:56 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:56 PM
nightdriver is a name known to allnightdriver is a name known to allnightdriver is a name known to allnightdriver is a name known to allnightdriver is a name known to allnightdriver is a name known to all
You have got to be kidding me, this kid obviously has no idea to whom, or what he is taking about.

Considering I have never heard of this kid, or this car, or seen it at any event, show, race, even Sonic, I call BS.

So much cooler on line, I know the type.

I will put my money where my mouth is, in any of my cars, can someone just tell me what school lunches go for so I know what to expect when he pays up?

Old 05-07-2009, 11:01 PM
Banned
What have u done to ur tt? like i said wait till next friday i might be able to hang once i get my cams in.

Old 05-07-2009, 11:04 PM
DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !
be careful nightdriver, he might be sportin' one of these :
http://www.angelfire.com/nc2/mycoffeecan/page1.html

Last edited by DEEPBLUE; 05-07-2009 at 11:16 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:06 PM
acs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond repute
be careful night driver, he might have one of these :
Might be true

Old 05-07-2009, 11:38 PM
nightdriver is a name known to allnightdriver is a name known to allnightdriver is a name known to allnightdriver is a name known to allnightdriver is a name known to allnightdriver is a name known to all
be careful nightdriver, he might be sportin' one of these :
Chain saws scare me...

What do I have done to my TT? I can answer this in your language, I think, here is my best attempt. The answers will vary depending on which car we are discussing, as I have modded 6 out of the 7 that I currently own. (The Atom is not going to be modded, it is faster than just about everything as it sits.)

First, I tinted the windows, with sum of dat super slk stuff fo les ristance

Then i put a K&N sticker on da intake. Thats under the hood, in front yo!

Next, I cut off da exhaust at the cats for better flow, and boy she sure sounds mean now!

Next weekend I am adding BG44K to the oil for that extra punch of horsepower as I take it from light to light on wads hoping some pre teen hottie will think Im cool.

Old 05-08-2009, 12:52 AM
Banned
Ur vet looks sweet. u forgot the mnt dew catch can. my fav mod is the octane booster **** kicks azz. just hate how it makes my evo blo blue smoke, stupid motor keeps ticking hope that goes away when i install my turbotechtronix f1 snail. got it off ebay for $1k headers included. turn up tha boost and forgetaboutit. DSM power

almost forgot to ask do any of u guys use have an extra k&m sticker? i want one on my back window to.

Last edited by Gumba; 05-08-2009 at 12:59 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So where's everybody going May 2nd? Park Meadows or Southlands??