So where's everybody going May 2nd? Park Meadows or Southlands??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 10:12 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Hey Gumba, check this thread out. 1000 whp Evo for sale

http://forums.evolutionm.net/sale-ca...-evo-sale.html

but he sold it to get a 911 turbo. Looks like it could have taken pretty much anything in a quarter mile run.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:21 PM
DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !
Pass the popcorn and turn it up, I don't want to miss this !

Old 05-13-2009, 08:31 AM
Banned
Gumba is infamous around these partsGumba is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Prche951
Hey Gumba, check this thread out. 1000 whp Evo for sale

http://forums.evolutionm.net/sale-ca...-evo-sale.html

but he sold it to get a 911 turbo. Looks like it could have taken pretty much anything in a quarter mile run.
Guy put a garrett 42r on it, not really my taste. Like you guys were saying before you can make any car fast enough with enought $$$$$$$ but honestly that car would not be a very good street car in my opinion. I'm not into my turbo to begin spooling at 4500 rmps.

And you're right the owner said he's going to purchase a 997tt, killer car no doubt, and one of the best porsche has to offer. Like anything things get old over time.

Did you see he said he put over $100K into that Evo. Crazy to think how much some guys are willing to put towards these cars. Just goes to show some dudes passion with this car. And possibly some insanity too.

Anywho, just recently I've been considering getting rid of the Evo. It's a huge cop magnet and being red and all I can't afford another ticket in it. Not interested in going to jail or having a felony on my record. Nonetheless it might be what I have to do. Funny how one crooked cop can ruin things so easily. Oh well I guess things happen for a reason right? Gotta get something that doesn't look so aggressive like a S4 or something. Boooo

Old 05-13-2009, 08:32 AM
Banned
Prsch 951, I just looked, that thread was from 3 years ago, how the hell did you stumble on that thread today?

Old 05-13-2009, 08:52 AM
Banned
Also anyone interested in High Plains Raceway? Lets get those wheels torn up on the track fellas

Old 05-13-2009, 04:57 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gumba
Prsch 951, I just looked, that thread was from 3 years ago, how the hell did you stumble on that thread today?
just found it looking for something else. that's how it always happens. And normally I just go on, but it looked interesting so I read it and it was very telling. Straight line power gets old after a while. the guy wanted something that he could actually enjoy. the 911 turbo is a good way to do it. Of any year really, but from the 965 on, they are fast and quite capable.

Old 05-15-2009, 08:44 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Prche951
Straight line power gets old after a while. the guy wanted something that he could actually enjoy. the 911 turbo is a good way to do it. Of any year really, but from the 965 on, they are fast and quite capable.
Straight line power, who are you kidding Prche951. Evo couldn't win 3 WRCs if it was designed for straight line driving. And the guy wanted something he could enjoy. He never mentioned that once. He said he was burnt out. I think anyone who would have spent $100K in modifications through the years could be easy burnt out on it. That's normal. He said he just about cried when he sold it. And the only reason he sold it was cause his wife wouldn't let him have both the 997 and the Evo. I'm not trying to be a dick here but it's like you just want to prove the porsche 997 is better than a modified Evo which it isn't. The GT2 got smoked by the new GTR at Nurburing this last year and a GTR R35 gets smoked by modified Evos, so what does that tell you bro. You guys sit here and argue how awesome porsches are, etc, etc. but all your arguments never hold up. I'm not saying I'd rather own an Evo over a GT2 cause I wouldn't really. But in terms of performance and handling I do choose the Evo cause it's the best bang for you buck and you're not worrying on a daily basis if you're gonna get rock chips in you hood or whatever. It's a daily driver that can smoke cars that are 5 times as expensive, that's all that it is. It's not as pretty or luxurios as a porsche but it'll hang with them and probably beat them depending on what you've got. Hell even a stock evo is going to give a 996 a pretty good run for it's money. Put $30K worth of mods into the evo and you'll see what I'm talking about .

Last edited by Gumba; 05-15-2009 at 08:48 AM.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:56 AM
Banned
Oh btw just installed my cosworth camshafts and brian crower titanium valve springs and retainers last night. Retuned the Evo and now it's pushing roughly 420 whp. Lost a little low end power but gained almost 20-30 whp from 4000 rpms all the way up to 7600 rpms. Crazy to think I'm still on the stock 8 turbo and getting these sort of numbers.

Old 05-15-2009, 08:57 AM
Straight line power, who are you kidding Prche951. Evo couldn't win 3 WRCs if it was designed for straight line driving. And the guy wanted something he could enjoy. He never mentioned that once. He said he was burnt out. I think anyone who would have spent $100K in modifications through the years could be easy burnt out on it. That's normal. He said he just about cried when he sold it. And the only reason he sold it was cause his wife wouldn't let him have both the 997 and the Evo. I'm not trying to be a dick here but it's like you just want to prove the porsche 997 is better than a modified Evo which it isn't. The GT2 got smoked by the new GTR at Nurburing this last year and a GTR R35 gets smoked by modified Evos, so what does that tell you bro. You guys sit here and argue how awesome porsches are, etc, etc. but all your arguments never hold up. I'm not saying I'd rather own an Evo over a GT2 cause I wouldn't really. But in terms of performance and handling I do choose the Evo cause it's the best bang for you buck and you're not worrying on a daily basis if you're gonna get rock chips in you hood or whatever. It's a daily driver that can smoke cars that are 5 times as expensive, that's all that it is. It's not as pretty or luxurios as a porsche but it'll hang with them and probably beat them depending on what you've got. Hell even a stock evo is going to give a 996 a pretty good run for it's money. Put $30K worth of mods into the evo and you'll see what I'm talking about .
uhh, yes it is better, sorry. There is more to a car than just going fast. Quality difference is huge. I will agree with you that people with nicer cars worry more about rock chips, we don't have the luxury of going to a junk yard and buying a replacement fender for 100 bucks or less.

you will never understand because your brain is full of rice.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:01 AM
Oh btw just installed my cosworth camshafts and brian crower titanium valve springs and retainers last night. Retuned the Evo and now it's pushing roughly 420 whp. Lost a little low end power but gained almost 20-30 whp from 4000 rpms all the way up to 7600 rpms. Crazy to think I'm still on the stock 8 turbo and getting these sort of numbers.

I love your idea of stock YOu tear INTO the engine and you still stay stock. So I guess since I have not torn into my engine at all you would consider my car BONE STOCK

by the way, what dyno did you use.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:02 AM
Banned
Typical coming from an egotistical dork like yourself that probably couldn't even do his own oil change. much less know how to use a jack. My head is full of rice. Yours is full of nothing. It so funny hearing these types of comments from guys like yourself that know nothing about cars except how to wash them. Prsche 951 you will never understand what a ****** bag you are. and how stupid you sound right now.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:04 AM
Banned
tear into the engine, do you even know what an engine is composed of?

Old 05-15-2009, 09:04 AM
Banned
Prche951 do you know anything about cars really? You sound like a total idiot to me

Old 05-15-2009, 09:12 AM
Banned
sure is quiet in here all of a sudden

Old 05-15-2009, 09:18 AM
Typical coming from an egotistical dork like yourself that probably couldn't even do his own oil change. much less know how to use a jack. My head is full of rice. Yours is full of nothing. It so funny hearing these types of comments from guys like yourself that know nothing about cars except how to wash them. Prsche 951 you will never understand what a ****** bag you are. and how stupid you sound right now.
haha, I quoted your post to memorialize how much of a 17 year old little kid you are. You cannot even have an adult conversation without resorting to insults. And this is why guys like you are not very welcome. Good to see your true colors show. Now what we all presumed, we have affirmed. I knew I could draw it out of you...lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So where's everybody going May 2nd? Park Meadows or Southlands??