So where's everybody going May 2nd? Park Meadows or Southlands??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 04:05 PM
dawk is a jewel in the roughdawk is a jewel in the roughdawk is a jewel in the rough
So where's everybody going May 2nd? Park Meadows or Southlands??

Where's is everybody going May 2nd? The original Coffee at The Great Indoor's 8-10AM or the new "trademarked" Cars and Coffee at Southlands 9-10AM(http://denver.carsandcoffee.info/)? Or, both?

Old 04-16-2009, 04:10 PM
JDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to all
I'm thinking about the same thing. I think I might check out the new one though just to see how it is.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:14 PM
acs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond repute
I'll stop by at the GI Park Meadows since I live only 3 miles away

Old 04-16-2009, 07:22 PM
B5RS4-Chuck is infamous around these parts
If i can get away it will be GI as it's close to me.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:40 PM
Imola2001 has a spectacular aura aboutImola2001 has a spectacular aura aboutImola2001 has a spectacular aura about
I will be at The Great Indoors

Old 04-16-2009, 10:06 PM
nightdriver is a name known to allnightdriver is a name known to allnightdriver is a name known to allnightdriver is a name known to allnightdriver is a name known to allnightdriver is a name known to all
ALthough I understand and respect the efforts the "official" guys have out fourth, I am not interested in hanging with caprices and wanna be Hondas. When you publicize a get to gether without any regard for type of car or car type of person, it only spells trouble for me. I also do not want to wait in a gated entry in line for ever to get in, and then back out. I just like pulling up, saying hi, seeing what is there, and getting gone to a drive.

Again, I have met Bill and Jim, and find them to be decent people, just not into the same thing I am. Commercialized car get togethers should be saved for weekend car show of a particular type, or charity event. Get to gethers to me, are just that. Thats whewre I will be.

Old 04-17-2009, 07:47 AM
I can feel for that, and I imagine that many will feel the same. For me it has been a rare and wonderful oppertunity to see some of the more exotic machinery up close, and almost as interesting, to meet their owners. Most everyone I've met has been a true gearhead that really loves their car and their marque. If things go downhill to where it looses that it will be really sad, but at least the two I attended were fantastic!

Personally, I think being from 8-10am helps keep some of the riff-raff at bay. I think we should move it to 7-9 or 6-8, you need to be passionate about it to get up that early! ;-)

Old 04-17-2009, 08:06 AM
fischb is infamous around these partsfischb is infamous around these parts
Great Indoors

Old 04-17-2009, 08:10 AM
Love your car BTW. My 6yo daughter is Porsche crazy, she's probably spotted you around HR. She's almost as good at spotting a 911 as I am!

Old 04-17-2009, 12:17 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nightdriver
ALthough I understand and respect the efforts the "official" guys have out fourth, I am not interested in hanging with caprices and wanna be Hondas. When you publicize a get to gether without any regard for type of car or car type of person, it only spells trouble for me. I also do not want to wait in a gated entry in line for ever to get in, and then back out. I just like pulling up, saying hi, seeing what is there, and getting gone to a drive.

Again, I have met Bill and Jim, and find them to be decent people, just not into the same thing I am. Commercialized car get togethers should be saved for weekend car show of a particular type, or charity event. Get to gethers to me, are just that. Thats whewre I will be.

I think we got totally different impressions from last nights meeting. I think that they are trying to make it a good thing at Southland and they are trying to work with us. At first I was not keen on the location, not knowing much about it. I don't see why we cannot make it to their events. They will have much more control over who goes in than we do, so you're not likely to see the cars you don't like.

We should all try to get along, we are one car community here and we should try to get along. The GI is the 2nd Saturday of the month. I don't see why we can't make it to their location on the other Saturdays and even after our meet. Their meet goes at a later time than ours. I for one plan to attend and check their location out. If I see stuff I don't like I leave, but that would be the case anywhere.
Dennis

Old 04-17-2009, 12:19 PM
ifly is infamous around these parts
I'm torn between the 2 and for the reasons stated above. I do prefer the GI group as it is totally gear heads who stay with specific exotic marques and its easy to wander and talk about our cars.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:30 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ifly
I'm torn between the 2 and for the reasons stated above. I do prefer the GI group as it is totally gear heads who stay with specific exotic marques and its easy to wander and talk about our cars.

well, no need to be torn. We can meet at our location on a 3rd Saturday and drive out to theirs as a group. It is about 10-15 minutes away. It would be fun. I don't think it is such an absolute that if you do one you can't do the other.

But I will tell you this. If you intend to make the GI every week instead of the 2nd Saturday as we had planned originally, what will happen is that you will not get a good turnout on any one Saturday because everyone knows they can go next saturday. It's to easy to say, "I'll skip it today." Holding it once a month makes it more special and we are all more likely to go to it.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:32 PM
ifly is infamous around these parts
I agree that I will probably got to the GI event once a month versus weekly as I find that people have a lot more to talk about after a month.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by ifly
I agree that I will probably got to the GI event once a month versus weekly as I find that people have a lot more to talk about after a month.

right and so which do you wish to go to. The every Sat one or the one you know the most people are likely to show up to. Turn it into a weekly thing and you will see less and less cars there. I urge that we maintain the 2nd Saturday thing and give the other events a chance and help them along as well as in the end it helps us all.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:45 PM
Ferg is infamous around these parts
Don't forget that little guy's show up north in Lafayette.

Ferg

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So where's everybody going May 2nd? Park Meadows or Southlands??