Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

I need some help before I start detailing...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 09:49 PM
Imaj is infamous around these parts
I need some help before I start detailing...

1.) Do I spray the Lake Country pad with water before I start polishing? If yes, Do I spray the pad each time I apply more polish?

2.) I am applying P 21S Paintwork Cleanser...Do I apply this after I polish or before? Do I apply it with a hand pad?

3.) How do I clean a Lake Country polishing pad once I am finished with it?

4.) When/How do I apply the Menxerna NanoPolish?

Many thanks!

Old 11-02-2007, 10:03 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
1. Prime the pad with water on the first application is a great idea, spritz more water as needed. Also remember to brush the pad after each panel

2. Paintwork Cleanser should be applied after you polish out the car.

3. Yes its a good idea to clean up all your pads after you use them

4. if you are doing a full detail you should wash, clay, and then either apply and intensive polish if needed, if not you can go straight to the nano polish

Old 11-02-2007, 11:23 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Imaj
1.) Do I spray the Lake Country pad with water before I start polishing? If yes, Do I spray the pad each time I apply more polish?

2.) I am applying P 21S Paintwork Cleanser...Do I apply this after I polish or before? Do I apply it with a hand pad?

3.) How do I clean a Lake Country polishing pad once I am finished with it?

4.) When/How do I apply the Menxerna NanoPolish?

Many thanks!
I just sent a reply to your PM.

1. No need to wet the pad before polishing.

2.You can apply the P21S paint cleanser AFTER the polishing with the porter cable. You can do this by hand.

3. Clean the pads using warm water and some car soap.

4. Nano/Micro polish can be applied after Super Intensive. On a lighter color car, you can get away with just SIP and the LC orange pad and straight to hand polish and wax. But the Nano/Micro polish will bring out a little more depth and shine as it will get out any minor haze left from the SIP.

Old 11-03-2007, 12:50 AM
nycsurfer is infamous around these parts
1.I have tried both spraying the water or pad conditioner on it or without ,I found it better result with moisturing it.

2.Yes,you put paint cleaser after the polish

3.soap and water is fine ,I use DP polish pad rejuvenator ,a lot faster and more effective in pad cleaning

4.I usually put a small X with it on the pad ,here is a good write up about how you should be using it http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-nano-polish.html ,they recommand you moisture the pad first before using it as well.

Old 11-03-2007, 11:48 PM
Many thanks everyone. It all makes sense.

Old 11-08-2007, 01:40 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Well.....How did everything go? Where are the beauty shots?

Old 11-08-2007, 03:54 PM
Hehe...After this weekend I will have something.