Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Best polisher

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 02:06 AM
frafoss is infamous around these parts
Best polisher

I see there are two types, one like the PC and Ultimate and one like the Makita. What do you recommend?

I need one for 240V (europeian standard) and do recall that either Ultimate or PC has one in there sortiment. I don know the Makita do have.

Can sombody help me to get one?

Old 11-22-2007, 09:13 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
I just bought the Griot's polisher which is a lot like the PC. It work's perfect and I like the top handle grip. I would stay away from the Ultimate for now because they are have switch and motor faliures. You can read about this on the Autopia site.

Old 11-22-2007, 09:23 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Try this for options on EU solutions:
http://autopia.org/forum/united-kingdom/

From what I see, PCs are not 240V- many get transformers...

Good luck

A

Old 12-06-2007, 04:27 PM
frafoss is infamous around these parts
I have bought a Porter Cable from Phil at Detailersdomain. Excellent service!!!

Old 12-06-2007, 04:34 PM
Grouse is infamous around these parts
Flex 3401 vrg might be your best option
http://flex-tools.de/gb/Produkte/Pol..._VRG/index.php

Phil carries them, but you may be able to find a 240v easier in the eu.

Old 12-07-2007, 04:58 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
I was told I should have some next week...

Old 12-08-2007, 03:09 PM
Banned
john1 is infamous around these parts
for first time users, get the PC since it is a random orbital. as for the makita, it is a rotary and needs more advanced skills

Old 12-08-2007, 04:48 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
milwaukee hands down. those others are toys in comarison.

Old 12-10-2007, 02:00 PM
kevdehaan is infamous around these parts
IMO, Griot's or the Porter Cable are the best choices for first time users...

Old 12-12-2007, 05:27 AM
Subl1me is infamous around these parts
Makita also make a random orbital with both forceable rotation (has torque) and normal random orbital fuctions. From memory the model number is BO5040.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:43 AM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
The flex tool xc 3401vr is a very good tool and I guess its the hot one on the market.

We go a limited qty in yesterday and they are flying off the shelf.

http://www.detailersdomain.com/index...ROD&ProdID=246

Old 12-12-2007, 07:22 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by kevdehaan
IMO, Griot's or the Porter Cable are the best choices for first time users...
Well said!

Old 12-12-2007, 07:30 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by john1
for first time users, get the PC since it is a random orbital. as for the makita, it is a rotary and needs more advanced skills
Good advice. I'm not sure how using a rotary became a choice for the DIY detailer. I would never sell a rotary to a client because the learning curve is a big one. One needs years of experience and many many cars to practice on to get the "feel" of the tool. Along the way, the margin of error is small. One small mistake, and you cost yourself a repaint. Some things are just best left to the proffesionals. I could never live with myself knowing I sold a tool to someone knowing this risk; it's just irresponsible. It's like a doctor selling you surgical tools to do your own procedure. What will you do when you get a phone call from the client that they burned their paint? Are you going to stand by and pay for a repaint? You can achieve results pretty close to a rotary using the DA if you have the correct products and technique.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:52 PM
Grouse is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
Good advice. I'm not sure how using a rotary became a choice for the DIY detailer. I would never sell a rotary to a client because the learning curve is a big one. One needs years of experience and many many cars to practice on to get the "feel" of the tool. Along the way, the margin of error is small. One small mistake, and you cost yourself a repaint. Some things are just best left to the proffesionals. I could never live with myself knowing I sold a tool to someone knowing this risk; it's just irresponsible. It's like a doctor selling you surgical tools to do your own procedure. What will you do when you get a phone call from the client that they burned their paint? Are you going to stand by and pay for a repaint? You can achieve results pretty close to a rotary using the DA if you have the correct products and technique.

It's not rocket quantum mechanics with nuclear physics tossed in for poops and giggles moe.

It is a process, a learned one at that. I think you are doing your potential customers a dis-favor by conveying that type of mentality. Is there more risk? Yes, is it a lot of risk? No. When used properly with commonsense a rotary is perfectly safe.

Not speaking at anyone in particular now.

As professionals i laugh at how some take it to extremes to make detailing so over complicated as to discourage owners from trying to maintain the vehicles themselves.

My largest customers do 90% of the detail maintenance themselves. I come out and get the cars to a point they can maintain it. I help them with their skills, and learning curve. For that i am rewarded by doing one of their 6-10 vehicles every month or so. I have even had one say he was fed up with detailers trying to blow smoke up his tail pipe. "Have they never heard of the Internet?"

My point is for me a guy who markets to enthusiasts of cars, and executives who own them the market is vastly different then it was a few years ago. At least for me I have a very knowledgeable customer who is as I am learning more on a daily basis. I simply have 1000 times the practice. Take the time to talk with your customers and discuss their detailing habits. You will find them more loyal, and more willing to pay your rates as they have a much firmer understanding of the process involved. You will also notice that on follow up visits you will find the vehicles in a much better condition.

m2ciawo2b

Old 12-12-2007, 07:27 PM
Former Vendor
???? the flex tool is an orbital

Last edited by detailersdomain; 12-12-2007 at 07:30 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best polisher