Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

How to clean clear bra? and how to apply swissvax cleaner fluid?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 08:48 PM
Motoracer is infamous around these parts
How to clean clear bra? and how to apply swissvax cleaner fluid?

What is the best way to properly clean areas of the car that are covered with a clear bra? Can they be clayed? Waxed? etc?

How do I apply the swissvax cleaner fluid? It is a normal application pad applying it, and then taking it off with MF towel? I read somewhere that swissvax products are best to sit on the paint for 10 mins. Does this apply to just the wax, or cleaner fluid as well?

I'm a bit of the new detailer, but I'm having a ton of fun learning the ropes!

Any help would be great.

Best,
Kyle

Old 11-21-2007, 09:00 PM
Also, is it best to do 1 panel at a time while doing cleaner fluid or wax, or the whole car before taking the cleaner fluid or wax off? Anyone have any articles on this?

Is the 10 minute wait time true? I only read that in one place, but can't find the link.

Old 11-23-2007, 07:13 AM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
Kyle,

Cleaner fluid is applied with a mf applicator pad or foam applicator pad. Once you put it on you have to take it right off, if you let it set you will have a very tough time taking it off. Cleaner fluid is best to apply one panel at a time.

As for the wax that's what you will have to let set for 8-10 minutes.

Old 11-23-2007, 07:15 AM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
you should be able to wash it and wax it.

the best thing to do is to test a section of it if you are not too sure. (small section of it)

Old 11-23-2007, 12:39 PM
EMart is infamous around these parts
Any opinions on applying the Swissvax Cleaner Fluid with a DA polisher?

Old 11-23-2007, 03:19 PM
Former Vendor
I've done it before with a black and/or blue pad with success, apply on a panel and remove before it drys.

Old 11-23-2007, 06:34 PM
Phil,
What about the clear bra? Should I just leave it washed, or should I wax it as well? Clay? Cleaner? etc

Old 11-23-2007, 07:11 PM
Former Vendor
try a small section of the bra and put some wax on it then wipe off. it shouldn't be a problem but I would try a small section anyway.

Old 11-23-2007, 09:16 PM
ok thanks!

Old 11-24-2007, 08:13 AM
D_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant future
I've waxed my clear bra with no ill effects. I forget what the stuff was called, but I also 'polished' it slighly with a plastic polish (something to the effect of plastex).

Old 11-24-2007, 05:25 PM
rah79 is infamous around these parts
Ever since I got Ventureshield I've cleaned it with poslish and waxed it with no problems

Old 11-25-2007, 02:12 AM
mixedmac is infamous around these parts
wash normal, then use "Plexus" with microfiber cloth, and then put wax, I usually use Xzilon

Old 11-25-2007, 01:02 PM
D_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by mixedmac
wash normal, then use "Plexus" with microfiber cloth, and then put wax, I usually use Xzilon
That's the stuff!!

Old 11-25-2007, 04:06 PM
Abraham996 is infamous around these parts
Plexus on mine. Works great.

Old 12-01-2007, 07:05 AM
Subl1me is infamous around these parts
I use my Makita Random Orbital with a black pad for applying the Swissvax cleanser. I also tend to leave the wax on for more like 30 minutes. Thing to remember with Swissvax waxes is that they really come into their own about a day after youve waxed it. After you've taken the wax off, leave it parked in partial shade (if you can) for about an hour. Then if it hasnt gotten too dusty ( get this a lot in Perth WA) buff again with a clean Micro and see the depth of shine increase.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How to clean clear bra? and how to apply swissvax cleaner fluid?