Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Menzerna Polish Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 04:41 PM
Banned
crazy1323 is infamous around these parts
Menzerna Polish Question

I currently have a Makita rotary polisher (haven't used it yet) and all of the Lake County CCS pads. I also have some menzerna PO85RD. I have had a porter cable since i was 14 and have probably used it on over 150 cars. I am now 20. However, I am now ready to start using a rotary. I have a car to practice on. What are the best polishes to follow PO85RD, also, which pads should I use with which product.

Also, i will be practicing on a white 1997 Lexus LX 450 (lifted with 35" BFG mud terrains, grear hunting vehicle) and i will be detailing my dad's Brilliant Black '06 A8L and my '08 Brilliant Black S4.

Old 12-16-2007, 04:45 PM
Banned
forgot the mention that the A8L has slightly heavier than normal swirls and the S4 has slight swirls marks.

Old 12-16-2007, 06:47 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Use the LC yellow ccs curved pad and either 85RD or SIP. Then follow it up with a white ccs curved pad and 106 Nano Polish. To make sure you're in good shape, do a final polish with the DA and 106 using the white pad. Then apply your hand polish and wax. Hope this helps.

Old 12-16-2007, 07:55 PM
Banned
Thanks, I also have menzerna Micro Polish and Intensive polish, inwhat order should I use these for best results.

Also, Moe, the CR spotless has worked great with four black cars, Thanks for the group buy opportunity.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:06 PM
Grouse is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
Use the LC yellow ccs curved pad and either 85RD or SIP. Then follow it up with a white ccs curved pad and 106 Nano Polish. To make sure you're in good shape, do a final polish with the DA and 106 using the white pad. Then apply your hand polish and wax. Hope this helps.
85rd is a final polish, It will not give you any level of cut. Using it with a yellow ccs pad will not gain you anything.

Thanks, I also have menzerna Micro Polish and Intensive polish, inwhat order should I use these for best results.

Also, Moe, the CR spotless has worked great with four black cars, Thanks for the group buy opportunity.
For audi black here is my go to regimen.
SIP ccs green pad ( if you do not have sip then you can use menz intensive polish on a green pad.) You will likely have to step down to Menz 106ff on a green pad before menz 106 ccs white.
106 ccs White
if you feel you need it
PC 85rd ccs White pad.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:22 PM
Banned
Can i use Micro Polish in place of 106ff? If so, my plan will be as follows.
1) Menzerna Intensive Polish on green pad
2) Menzerna Micro Polish on green pad
3) Menzerna Micro Polish on white pad
4) Menzerna PO85RD on white pad
5) and finish up with a few layers of Menzerna FMJ applies with black pad

all pads are Lake County CSS pad with a makita rotary used on an Audi with light swirls.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:46 PM
Grouse is infamous around these parts
If you want specifics on process or just general techniques guidance drop me a pm.

Old 12-17-2007, 06:14 AM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
Yes 85rd should go after SIP.

You can do SIP followed by 106
or you can do SIP followed by 85
or you can do SIP followed by 106 then 85rd for an amazing finish on a black car!!!!

Old 12-17-2007, 07:20 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
I assumed it was PO85RD3.02 not PO85RD. On a scale of 1-5, 5 being highest cut, PO85RD has a 1.5 rate and the 3.02, which is SIP, 3.5. The green LC pad is a polishing/finishing pad. I'd probably use that with the 106 instead of SIP. If the swirls are light, you may be just fine using the 106/green or white pad combo and then going to a DA with the 106. Play around with the combos and see what works best for you.

Old 12-17-2007, 05:06 PM
Banned
Is SIP about the same cut as Intensive Polish?

Also, where should the micro polish fit in, before or after PO85RD?

Old 12-17-2007, 05:16 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
SIP is 3.5 cut and 3 gloss
IP is 3.5 cut and 3 gloss

Micropolish is 1 cut and 5 gloss
85rd is 1.5 cut and 5 gloss

I would use either MP or 85rd you won't need to use both.

Last edited by detailersdomain; 12-17-2007 at 05:22 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:40 PM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by crazy1323
Is SIP about the same cut as Intensive Polish?

Also, where should the micro polish fit in, before or after PO85RD?
The technology in SIP is different than IP. They both have the same #s but go about doing the job differently. According to Menzerna, SIP has the same tehnology as 106FF. By that I mean they were designed for the new cermiclear paint. Because of their high-quality ingredients, both SIP and 106FF have become the flagship polishes for Menzerna. If cost wasn't an issue, go with SIP and 106FF combo. If you need to save some $$, you can go with IP and Final Polish combo. I think at the end, you may be overcomplicating things. You should do just fine with SIP/106 combo or IP/Final Polish combo. In my opinion, you should simply have 1-3 polishes in your arsenal. You then can change the way each polish works by what pad and polisher you use. So keep it simple and narrow your polishes to 2; I'd recommend SIP and 106. Then narrow your pad choices down to a heavy polish, medium polish, and final finishing pad. You can then play around with the combos and see what works for you.

Old 12-17-2007, 11:22 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
I just did a new black CLK Mercedes my wife bought with Final Polish 2 and FMJ. It looks like black chrome! I tried out some Final Polish on my black BMW X5 and it shined it up some but really did not remove any of the minor swirls. I have some 106ff coming with a green pad so hopefully that will work.

Old 12-18-2007, 07:24 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by mdrums
I just did a new black CLK Mercedes my wife bought with Final Polish 2 and FMJ. It looks like black chrome! I tried out some Final Polish on my black BMW X5 and it shined it up some but really did not remove any of the minor swirls. I have some 106ff coming with a green pad so hopefully that will work.
The new ceramiclear on your CLK should be very easy to keep up. Just remember to use clean towels and wash mitts. As for your X5, what pad did you use?

Old 12-19-2007, 04:11 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Moe, I used a LC white pad.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Menzerna Polish Question