Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Ditec Paint Protection

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 05:32 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Ditec Paint Protection

Has anyone used this paint protection program? It's about $600 for a typical car and it last 2-3 years before one of us really **** customers would want a new top coat for $190. I heard a normal customer could go up to 5 years. Moe, have you ever seen a car with a Ditec treatment? I spoke with the owner of the company tonight. It goes against my nature not to spend 8 hrs every 3 months detailing each of my cars, but I'm going to experiment with a couple cars to see how well it lasts. I guess Renntech's owner swears by it. It's better known in Europe at the moment. Anyone have experience with Ditech? I would love some feedback!

http://www.ditecusa.com/

Wes and Nero, you guys should look into this down in the Florida area where their centers currently are.

Old 12-21-2007, 07:21 AM
auto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to behold
Wink Ditec

Lost another one to "Ditec" sorry i had to do it(lol).

Old 12-21-2007, 07:47 AM
auto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to behold
Ditec

After i posted the funny response,i went to the site to find out more "details" about the product.Now anyone who knows me also knows i will be openminded to any new product that comes along,this is how you improve the quality of the work performed,there are a couple of things that perked my attention however.

.The statement NEVER wax your car again
.Organic ingredients(without divulging what they are)
.Future detailing has to be done by AUTHORIZED ditec detailers or warranty is voided
.Car paint is harder and will not scratch,even to the point that "pebbles" will not crush paint

Some of these statements are almost verbatim of the Permaplate System descriptions from the Nineties,and we know how well that product works..... this being said i would like to get my hands on the product for an evaluation,because Champion is a first class operation,then again it is a dealership.

Old 12-21-2007, 08:56 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by auto concierge
After i posted the funny response,i went to the site to find out more "details" about the product.Now anyone who knows me also knows i will be openminded to any new product that comes along,this is how you improve the quality of the work performed,there are a couple of things that perked my attention however.

.The statement NEVER wax your car again
.Organic ingredients(without divulging what they are)
.Future detailing has to be done by AUTHORIZED ditec detailers or warranty is voided
.Car paint is harder and will not scratch,even to the point that "pebbles" will not crush paint

Some of these statements are almost verbatim of the Permaplate System descriptions from the Nineties,and we know how well that product works..... this being said i would like to get my hands on the product for an evaluation,because Champion is a first class operation,then again it is a dealership.
I'm a bit skeptic too. As far as I know, you cannot change the molecular structure of paint once it has cured. I know by heating the paint through rubbing or machine polishing you're warming the clear to alter it, but once the paint is on, that's it. The claims made by this company would lead one to believe there is another layer of paint or the actual paint has been altered to make it harder and provide more protection. Like I said, I'm not doubting their claim, just not sure if it's all true and not a simple twist of the truth for marketing. Why can only an authorized dealer do it? If it's that great, why only charge $190 instaed of the $600 for the initial application. They require a yearly "top coat" for the warranty. I'll do some more research.

Old 12-21-2007, 09:12 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
I'm a bit skeptic too. As far as I know, you cannot change the molecular structure of paint once it has cured. I know by heating the paint through rubbing or machine polishing you're warming the clear to alter it, but once the paint is on, that's it. The claims made by this company would lead one to believe there is another layer of paint or the actual paint has been altered to make it harder and provide more protection. Like I said, I'm not doubting their claim, just not sure if it's all true and not a simple twist of the truth for marketing. Why can only an authorized dealer do it? If it's that great, why only charge $190 instaed of the $600 for the initial application. They require a yearly "top coat" for the warranty. I'll do some more research.
Thanks Moe. I am skeptical too, but their references are pretty impressive. I guess Renntech's owner is pretty **** like most of us and he swears by it. Again, not sure if it's because he is advertising for them, or if it is a completely objective endorsement. I talked to the owner, Christopher, last night and he seemed like a good guy. They are looking to expand outside the Florida market in 2008, so I am talking to him about the Cleveland market if I like what I see. He is going to fly up and apply it on my daily driver to see how well it lasts through weeky 'office garage type' hand washings. You know, the kind of wash we would never let our nice cars see.

The warranty applications are meant to create loyalty to the dealer network and build repeat business since the frequency of visits would be reduced. The process appeared to be pretty similar to a multi step Menzerna detailing day. All water based. I'm really curious as to this 'shell' they use on the topcoat to protect the paint better than any other product can....

Last edited by OhioGT2; 12-21-2007 at 09:15 AM.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:34 PM
Turbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond repute
If it sounds too good to be true.......

Old 12-24-2007, 11:35 AM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
The price is about what you would pay a good detailer. Why not just try it & see what it does. Hell if it last a year, I'd say that good.

I'm totally interested in what this product really is, & what it really does.

Old 12-27-2007, 11:21 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Thanks Moe. I am skeptical too, but their references are pretty impressive. I guess Renntech's owner is pretty **** like most of us and he swears by it. Again, not sure if it's because he is advertising for them, or if it is a completely objective endorsement. I talked to the owner, Christopher, last night and he seemed like a good guy. They are looking to expand outside the Florida market in 2008, so I am talking to him about the Cleveland market if I like what I see. He is going to fly up and apply it on my daily driver to see how well it lasts through weeky 'office garage type' hand washings. You know, the kind of wash we would never let our nice cars see.

The warranty applications are meant to create loyalty to the dealer network and build repeat business since the frequency of visits would be reduced. The process appeared to be pretty similar to a multi step Menzerna detailing day. All water based. I'm really curious as to this 'shell' they use on the topcoat to protect the paint better than any other product can....
Are you kidding me?

Of course they are all trying to market this crap and view you and your connections as key to their efforts. (They gonna fly out here for me? Nope.)

Until I can get a rational, technical answer as to HOW it works all the 'testing' and 'word of mouth' data is BS.

As long as the recommendations are coming from industry insiders or affiliated companies, it is suspect.

Always the skeptic,

A