Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Hand Polish. What is easier to use?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 11:49 AM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Linko4
Stealth 993, I thought they work betterif you set the polish? If I were to take Imperial Glaze right away, then it would give a full results, right?
Not all. In fact most "glazes" you do not let dry, they do not need any setting up. Same for some polishes, you don't need to let them dry, they do not add any protection, or surface film, you should have clean naked paint after a good polish, of course if you use a polish with a bunch of "fillers" then they will be left behind.

Even some Waxes you don't let them dry, Zymol is one of them.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:51 PM
Linko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Stealth 993
Not all. In fact most "glazes" you do not let dry, they do not need any setting up. Same for some polishes, you don't need to let them dry, they do not add any protection, or surface film, you should have clean naked paint after a good polish, of course if you use a polish with a bunch of "fillers" then they will be left behind.

Even some Waxes you don't let them dry, Zymol is one of them.
Yea, I use Zymol before before and it works great. I also use their wax and it's works very well from a bad paint job, to a little more glossy paint job.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:36 PM
ProDetail is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Stealth 993
If you want Good (not great) results from hand & do not want to break your shoulder & elbow in the process, get some 3M Imperial Hand Glaze. It has chemical cleaners in it & great filling. It's very easy to use & cheap. Just do not let it dry on the car!

I also really like Zymol HD Cleanse for hand application, but that is going to take a LOT, of work!

Then top with your favorite wax.
3M hand glaze should be pulled off the market, instead of swearing by it you will be swearing at it! The first intial look is nice (if you don't let it dry) but within 24 hours all the fillers will evaporate and you will be left with the same look that you started with. In my opinion if you are going to take the time to hand polish your car I am sure you want it to look good and stay looking good. I would have a expierenced detailer correct the paint and then you could maintain it with HD-cleanse and Zymol wax.

Old 01-10-2008, 12:53 AM
Linko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura about
ProDetail, That's more like waxing. What product from Zymol is for polishing? Something that can remove fine scratches, swirls...

Old 01-10-2008, 07:39 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Linko4
ProDetail, That's more like waxing. What product from Zymol is for polishing? Something that can remove fine scratches, swirls...
HD-Cleanse is a true polish that has no wax. HD will remove the finer imperfections from washing and wiping and it fills the larger ones. There's a noticeable difference in the depth and jetness of colour.

Old 01-10-2008, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the info. Moe.