Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Hand Polish. What is easier to use?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 03:27 PM
Linko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura about
Hand Polish. What is easier to use?

He I'm looking for some polish that can be easy to hand polish my car. What kind do you guys recommend? There are so many polishes, brands, and I don't know which one, or set works well for me.

Old 12-29-2007, 07:31 PM
Grouse is infamous around these parts
for a hand polish stick with Lusso Revitalizing creme.
http://www.detailersdomain.com/index...ROD&ProdID=121

Phil is having a group buy special on it now.

Two other cremes that are along the same line Swiss wax cleaner fluid. (what i use) and HD cleanse. Out of those two cleaner fluid goes on and comes off easier. hd cleanse smells better. The looks are about the same. Then top polish off with a carnauba. Lusso is basically the same product as HD cleanse and Cleaner fluid. It is cheaper, creamier and easier to wipe off. Based on the sample i used. I still have a 32 oz bottle of cleaner fluid so i am going to finish that first.

If you were to step up to a machine i would recommend the flex, with 2 green lc pads, 2 white lc pads, 1 black. I would then recommend Menzerna 106ff, einszett metallic polish and einszett glanz.

106ff being your primary cut polish for use with the green pad.
metalic polish being your final polish and temporary wax
Glanz being your sealant with carnauba.

I would expect 4-5 months durability in seattle's winter with the above combo.

Old 12-30-2007, 12:52 AM
Linko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura about
If the polish so thin, like clear water, does it get the job done as the thick one? I understand the thick polishes are hard to deal with, but better because it's better contact with the paint. I don't know if it's too thin will do the work right...

Old 12-30-2007, 08:36 AM
It depends on the type of work needed and the results desired. Most pro detailers will have 2-3 polishes in primary position based on the severity of the marring and 1-2 polishes as back ups if the first does not work well with that paint type.

Old 12-30-2007, 08:40 AM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
Link Grouse answered it but let me know if you need more help. Also what color cars are you working on?

Old 12-30-2007, 10:32 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Linko4
He I'm looking for some polish that can be easy to hand polish my car. What kind do you guys recommend? There are so many polishes, brands, and I don't know which one, or set works well for me.
There are MANY polishes and even more suggestions from everyone. Bottom line, synthetic polishes and waxes give you lots of shine and gloss. A good suggestions, if you want to go that route, is Menzerna Final Finish. einszett Glanz wax or Autoglym Radiant Wax would then be a great choice as a wax. Both are easy to apply and remove with a microfiber pad and towel. I've used einszett Paint Polish and I think it's better used with a DA polisher and not by hand. The only all-natural polish that I've USED and am familiar with is zymol HD-Cleanse. It gives you a very soft glow, excellent depth and colour, and it smells like chocolate You can then use a wax like zymol Titanium to finish things up. The natural carnauba wax will protect very well and will further give that depth and jetness of colour that most purists prefer. The reason being that synthetics have a lot of gloss which interferes with looking and appreciating the paint. But some cars like a MINI Cooper in Chili Pepper Red, in my opinion, look much better with a synthetic like einszett than a natural wax like zymol.

Old 12-30-2007, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by Grouse
It depends on the type of work needed and the results desired. Most pro detailers will have 2-3 polishes in primary position based on the severity of the marring and 1-2 polishes as back ups if the first does not work well with that paint type.
I see. Wow, I didn't know that polishing can be this complicate. I think if I find the set I like, it will be easy because I will stick with it. I remember using Zymol Polish and Wax on my car long time time ago. The polish was pretty good, work very well, but hard to deal by hand polish. It took me several hours around the car and it was and work out. Very tiring, but great results.

Originally Posted by pyiu
Link Grouse answered it but let me know if you need more help. Also what color cars are you working on?
I'm the guy from comcast.net e-mailed you back in forward about polish information.

Originally Posted by MoeMistry
There are MANY polishes and even more suggestions from everyone. Bottom line, synthetic polishes and waxes give you lots of shine and gloss. A good suggestions, if you want to go that route, is Menzerna Final Finish. einszett Glanz wax or Autoglym Radiant Wax would then be a great choice as a wax. Both are easy to apply and remove with a microfiber pad and towel. I've used einszett Paint Polish and I think it's better used with a DA polisher and not by hand. The only all-natural polish that I've USED and am familiar with is zymol HD-Cleanse. It gives you a very soft glow, excellent depth and colour, and it smells like chocolate You can then use a wax like zymol Titanium to finish things up. The natural carnauba wax will protect very well and will further give that depth and jetness of colour that most purists prefer. The reason being that synthetics have a lot of gloss which interferes with looking and appreciating the paint. But some cars like a MINI Cooper in Chili Pepper Red, in my opinion, look much better with a synthetic like einszett than a natural wax like zymol.
What is an DA polish? a orbital? For wax, I'm sticking with Einzett or Zymol. I still have some left over Zymol Wax, and detail spray from last detail.

Old 12-30-2007, 11:16 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Linko4
I see. Wow, I didn't know that polishing can be this complicate. I think if I find the set I like, it will be easy because I will stick with it. I remember using Zymol Polish and Wax on my car long time time ago. The polish was pretty good, work very well, but hard to deal by hand polish. It took me several hours around the car and it was and work out. Very tiring, but great results.

I'm the guy from comcast.net e-mailed you back in forward about polish information.

What is an DA polish? a orbital? For wax, I'm sticking with Einzett or Zymol. I still have some left over Zymol Wax, and detail spray from last detail.
DA stands for dual action. It's the safest way to machine polish your paint since the polisher goes in random directions and generated little to no heat.

Old 12-30-2007, 01:13 PM
If you were to step up to a machine i would recommend the flex, with 2 green lc pads, 2 white lc pads, 1 black. I would then recommend Menzerna 106ff, einszett metallic polish and einszett glanz.
The above is a DA polisher. A true dual action ie orbit and rotation. It has good correction capabilities and professional build quality.

Post up a few pictures of your car under halogen lights. Take the photo's just after the car is washed and dried. Try focusing just on the outside reflection of the halogen lights. This will give us an idea of the amount of correction needed. Between phil, moe, and I we can probably recomend a polish and pad combo that will get you90% there if you take the time.

~Aaron

Old 12-30-2007, 01:39 PM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
If you want Good (not great) results from hand & do not want to break your shoulder & elbow in the process, get some 3M Imperial Hand Glaze. It has chemical cleaners in it & great filling. It's very easy to use & cheap. Just do not let it dry on the car!

I also really like Zymol HD Cleanse for hand application, but that is going to take a LOT, of work!

Then top with your favorite wax.

Old 12-30-2007, 03:01 PM
pyiu, I don't think I need any kit for detailing because I have everything except Polish and polishing machine. I think polish machine might be too heavy for me to handle. So I'm not sure about machine.

MoeMistry,
DA stands for dual action. It's the safest way to machine polish your paint since the polisher goes in random directions and generated little to no heat.
How much are they weight? That sounds cool use on polishing, right? Who sales that?

Grouse,
The above is a DA polisher. A true dual action ie orbit and rotation. It has good correction capabilities and professional build quality.

Post up a few pictures of your car under halogen lights. Take the photo's just after the car is washed and dried. Try focusing just on the outside reflection of the halogen lights. This will give us an idea of the amount of correction needed. Between phil, moe, and I we can probably recomend a polish and pad combo that will get you90% there if you take the time.

~Aaron
I don't have Halogen lighting around the house.

Stealth 993,
If you want Good (not great) results from hand & do not want to break your shoulder & elbow in the process, get some 3M Imperial Hand Glaze. It has chemical cleaners in it & great filling. It's very easy to use & cheap. Just do not let it dry on the car!

I also really like Zymol HD Cleanse for hand application, but that is going to take a LOT, of work!

Then top with your favorite wax.
3M makes car product? What happen if I let it dry on my car? Thanks I search it.

Old 12-30-2007, 05:16 PM
Any tungsten light bulb

Old 12-31-2007, 10:40 AM
oh. ok.

Old 12-31-2007, 12:19 PM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
"3M makes car product? What happen if I let it dry on my car? Thanks I search it."

It becomes very, very, very hard to get it off, & you get streaking.

Old 12-31-2007, 04:32 PM
Stealth 993, I thought they work betterif you set the polish? If I were to take Imperial Glaze right away, then it would give a full results, right?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hand Polish. What is easier to use?