Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Detail on Wife's 2006 Mercedes CLK350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 11:45 AM
golfusa997 is infamous around these parts
Detail on Wife's 2006 Mercedes CLK350

Well I don't claim to be a professional detailler but based on my roaming on this and other detailing sights,I decided to place an order for some new stuff for my wifes neglected Silver/Gray MERC. I did put about 6.5 Hours into this car and the result I think is great,though there are a few areas left for improvement. I don't know how you Pros do this day in day out as I am now BEAT!!!

List of Products:
Dial Soap to strip of old wax"What was left of it"
P21S Car Shampoo
P21S Wheel Cleaner
Meguiars Clay Bar
Zaino Quick Detailer
Zymol HD Cleanse
Zaino Z2 with ZFX
Sonus Total Eclipse
Zaino Leather Cleaner
Zaino Leather in a bottle
Stoner Window Cleaner
Black Magic Tire Shine
P21S Metal Polish
Meguiars Plastix
Mothers Back to Black
Shmit Wash Mit
Shmit Black Wash Mit
Sonus Micro Fiber Towels

Ok I started last night on the Interior.
Vacuumed Trunk and inside of car. I then cleaned the dash door panels steering wheel Etc with Zaino Interior cleaner. After that I wiped down top of dash with Sonus Total Eclipse which left a nice soft shine. Washed and Conditioned seats front and back with Zaino Leather Cleaner and Leather in a bottle. Finished of the windows with the Stoner Window Cleaner. I also decided to dress up the engine a bit with some Sonus Total Eclipse 3.0 Hours

This Morning it was on to the exterior.
I started by spraying down the wheels with the P21S Wheel Cleaner. The wheels were so black this wasn't as effective as I would have hoped. I then cleaned Wheels with the black Shmit. After the wheels were sparkling I moved on to the rest of the exterior with Dawn wash and the regular Shmit which I thought was pretty good.Ok now for the tedious work,I sprayed entire car with Zaino Quick detailer and proceded to clay entire car,after I then rinsed the car off with some P21S car wash to get rid of the residue left over from claying the vehicle,I then dried it with my Sonus Der Wunder Towel
with alittle bit of Zaino Quick Detailer. Ok car is now dry I proceed to use Zymol HD Cleanse I coat entire car and then wipe of with a Sonus towel> this left the surface silky smooth for the Zaino. I mixed up some Z2 with ZFX so I could apply multiple coats within a few hours. After two coats and alot of sweat I was done. I used Zaino Grand Finale between each coat by the way. So with the finish perfect finish on the paint,I polished all of the plastic with Meguairs Plastix. Almost done I applied the Back to Black to all of the black trip on the car that was completely oxidized,it definetely came back to life. Stoner on the windows, Alittle Tire shine and Metal polish on the exhaust tip and I was done. 3.5 Hours

And it is now raining!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-05-2008, 01:28 PM
///M Lifestyle has a spectacular aura about///M Lifestyle has a spectacular aura about
comeone screw the rain just put up some pics!!

Old 01-05-2008, 02:02 PM
Well now the car has been driven in the pouring rain

Old 01-05-2008, 02:05 PM
jox
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by golfusa997
I don't know how you Pros do this day in day out as I am now BEAT!!
Funny you should say that - been wondering that myself for quite some time. I am sore for literally days after I've done a thorough detail. Doing it professionally must require an athletic body

Old 01-05-2008, 02:52 PM
Pats300zx is infamous around these parts

Old 01-05-2008, 06:07 PM
I will try and get pics tommorow GEEZZZZ!!!!!!!!

Old 01-11-2008, 12:52 AM
Linko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura about
I'm would like to see as well. What is z2 zfx?

Old 01-11-2008, 05:40 AM
Pats300zx is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Linko4
I'm would like to see as well. What is z2 zfx?
Zaino Z2 paint sealant
ZFX is an additive that is supposed to increase the cross linking of the polymers and allow you to put on multiple coats in one day.

Old 01-11-2008, 07:21 AM
Im sorry guys for not taking pics car got rained on first day. When I wash it off this weekend I will try. Car should still be perfect. I swear this car never looked this good before.Its amazing what happens to a garage kept Merc after 2 years and 16k miles. All of the black trim was all oxidized.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:56 PM
Linko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura about
so they go right after polishing huh?

Old 01-20-2008, 12:35 PM
agentf1 is infamous around these partsagentf1 is infamous around these parts
You cannot apply Zaino after applying Zymol HD Cleanse because the HD-C will leave oils on the finish that will hinder Zaino from bonding and will cause streaking and bonding issues. You will need to do a Dawn or Z7 wash or a 50/50 wipe down before applying your Zaino for it to bond properly giving you the best look and durability.

You could substitute Zaino Z-AIO for the HD-C which will give you a perfect surface for Zaino to bond to and it will also eliminate the need for ZFX providing you are not going to apply more than one coat in a 24 hour period.

Old 01-20-2008, 04:54 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by agentf1
You cannot apply Zaino after applying Zymol HD Cleanse because the HD-C will leave oils on the finish that will hinder Zaino from bonding and will cause streaking and bonding issues. You will need to do a Dawn or Z7 wash or a 50/50 wipe down before applying your Zaino for it to bond properly giving you the best look and durability.

You could substitute Zaino Z-AIO for the HD-C which will give you a perfect surface for Zaino to bond to and it will also eliminate the need for ZFX providing you are not going to apply more than one coat in a 24 hour period.
Agreed...synthetics and naturals don't mix. I can always tell when a synthetic has been used on a car when I Field Glaze. The zymol Field Glaze ends up streaking and turning hazy. It's best to not mix things. In case of polishing, after a Menzerna treatment, I wash the car with zymol Clear and then clean the paint using a 50/50 alcohol wipe down or Menzerna Top Inspection. Then I HD and wax. In this case, your best bet is not to use HD if using zaino. Not only do they not work together chemistry wise, but it also takes away from the look and intention of both products.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:08 PM
I see, cool guys.

Old 01-23-2008, 11:11 PM
you can apply zaino before Hd clense? Or shouldn't apply them at all.