Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Is P21S wheel cleaner worth it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 12:48 PM
jjparkusa is infamous around these parts
Is P21S wheel cleaner worth it?

I have using P21S for a while now and it is so much more expensive than the generic stuff like Griot's. Is it really worth the extra money?

Old 01-07-2008, 01:55 PM
TonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of light
I have tried a few other products and nothing has matched P21S. I know it's expensive but Phil from Detailers Domain has a very good price.

Old 01-07-2008, 03:01 PM
Big E is infamous around these parts
I've been using it for years, nothing else compares when it come to removing German brake dust. It's worth every penny!!!

Old 01-07-2008, 03:05 PM
TonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Big E
I've been using it for years, nothing else compares when it come to removing German brake dust. It's worth every penny!!!

I agree 100%!!

Old 01-07-2008, 03:56 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
jjpark,

Hit me up maybe we can set you up with a 5 liter.

Old 01-07-2008, 05:06 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Phil,

how far away from Edison are you? i might need topick up some stuff too.

Old 01-07-2008, 05:09 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
englewood cliffs, nj...hit me up we can work something out.

Old 01-07-2008, 07:25 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
P21S wheel cleaner is among the safest and most effective wheel cleaners out there. It's a small price to pay considering the insurance policy against costly repairs that may be caused by using inferior products that aren't user-friendly.

Old 02-17-2008, 08:59 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Just used my P21S kit that I got to try out. Among the kit is the wheel cleaner and car shampoo. Simply put, WOW!! The wheel cleaner is excellent on wheels that are slightly neglected. I used it one my truck which has the 20" Dodge RAM wheels and the chrome came out glistening. The inner portion that had a lot of brake dust embedded, cleaned up very nicely. I would recommend the wheel cleaner to anyone having now used it a few times. The only thing I'd be a little careful about is using it on bare aluminum or as a weekly wheel cleaner. The reason I say this; it made TOO quick of work on the trouble areas. I also have a client that has been using the P21S wheel cleaner on his 996 for years. I did notice the wheels have a much whiter-looking silver OEM wheels. The wheels were also a bit dried out and that tells me the cleaner may be drying out the oils in the clear coat on the wheels. If that's the case, then I would say use the P21S every other time or once a month and use a milder wheel cleaner like zymol wheel cleaner weekly. I'll keep you guys posted.

Old 02-22-2008, 04:24 PM
rmani is infamous around these partsrmani is infamous around these parts
I've use P21s wheel cleaner. Great stuff but not all that strong (which may or may not be a good thing depending on your application). If your wheels are very bad you'll need something stronger. It's also pretty expensive IMO.

Old 02-22-2008, 04:37 PM
Former Vendor
did you use a brush/spoke brush?

Old 02-26-2008, 08:16 PM
Flite is infamous around these parts
For the people who say that it's not that strong....

How long are you leaving it on? I recently refinished a set of HREs for my car. This is what they looked like prior to cleaning:

That's about 3 years worth of build up that sits in the area between the inner wheel and outer rim. I tried an over the counter cleaner, a product called MX7 that's been a miracle for me on other things, simple green, and then I went so far as to try goo gone and a blue scotch brite pad. Nothing worked. It would remove a little bit of it, but it took literally hours of scrubbing to get it off.

I pretty much gave up and bit the bullet on some P21S since a bunch of guys on S2ki recommended it. When it came in I sprayed the wheel down and let it sit for 2 hours. I went out to check it after that and to my amazement, it wiped right off. I'm not making this up. I have no reason to promote this product.

After the P21S and some Adam's #1 and #2 polish, this is the result:

Seriously, I think this is one of those "must have" products, especially if you have multi piece wheels. It doesn't do any more than regular soap for common dust and road grime. But for brake dust, both fresh and old caked on stuff, it's absolutely amazing.

And here's the finished product... just because I feel like whoreing it out:

Old 02-26-2008, 09:04 PM
Former Vendor
great work! yes P21S has been my go to for years now and its worth every penny you just have to know how to use it correctly. Its not that hard, great post.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:14 AM
Premium Sponsor
Lookds great Flite and thanks for the post. P21S has always been known for their flafship product, Wheel Cleaner. Can't go wrong with the stuff and as mentioned by Phil, worth every penny.

Old 02-27-2008, 05:50 PM
Banned
BrianBrice is infamous around these parts
Considering how little you need, and the fact that you shouldn't have a need for a wheel cleaner every wash p21s is definitely worth it. Just keep in mind if you need a designated wheel cleaner every time you wash your car, you probably aren't keeping up with it on any kind of regular schedule.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is P21S wheel cleaner worth it?