Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Pyiu saved my HREs.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 07:05 PM
NYSpeedRacer84 is infamous around these parts
Pyiu saved my HREs.....

First off... Thank you to Phil!!!

As some of you may know I have been b*tching about how bad my HREs were after tracking my 987 on the Salt Flats at Bonneville. In my opinion it was toast, nothing but salt build up/oxidation and on top of that over 3k miles of brake dust build up from the aKa Rally. In addition, my 987 is also my a daily driver even in the winter on my HREs, unless the weather prohibits me. So they have taken one hell of a beating, I was also positive that I had one of the worse set of HREs anywhere.

I tried everything Billets . . . .Mothers nothing worked....

After several months, I finally was able to hook up with Phil today in Jersey and he took care of one wheel for me free of charge and well, take a look at the before and after pictures and see for yourself.......

Before

After photo.....

The inner spokes.... you can clearly see where he cleaned and where he didn't. The cleaned part is on the left of the picture and the uncleaned part is on the right....

again the spokes up close...Reflection

In short, I would highly recommend Phil @ Detailers Domain as he is a stand up guy and I would also recommend Adam's Polishes as I have been sold...... the pictures speaks for themselves....

Phil, Again Thanks!

Phil, please chime in on how you did it....

Last edited by NYSpeedRacer84; 01-18-2008 at 08:11 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:57 PM
Jason A is infamous around these parts
wow please chime in as my rims are horrible and id love to be able to bring them back to life

Old 01-18-2008, 08:26 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
Hey RJ its was great meeting you today.

The rims were quite horrible.

The rims were cleaned then clayed with Adam's Clay Bar and Adam's Detail Spray.

Next we used Adam's Metal Polish 1 followed by Adam's Metal Polish 2.

I initially wanted to demo the products for him so we used a mf applicator pad to apply the metal 1. Then to we removed the excess with a Detailer's Domain MF towel.

(repeated the steps with Adam's Metal Polish 2)

(we did try P21S Metal Polish/Einszett Metal Polish and it was just didn't do much) the Adam's with some time and effort did much better on these HRE's.

Eventually I ended up telling RJ to take the rear wheel off the car and I went to town on the wheels with the Makita hi speed rotary and a Lake Country Wool Pad (with of course the Adam's Metal 1 and 2) took off the excess polish with a Detailer's Domain MF towel. We finished it off to like new conditions.

Total time 1 wheel 1 hour 30 minutes.

I will see you when you get back RJ for the rest of them.

Old 01-18-2008, 09:34 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
How about one of those red Mother's polishing *****? That might be a bit easier to use for the spokes, I have seen a large size and a smaller size.

Old 01-18-2008, 09:39 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
yes with the short amount of time we weren't able to finish out the wheel completely.

yes I had a flitz ball in hand however RJ's main concern was the face and the lips.

Old 01-18-2008, 10:14 PM
NYSpeedRacer84 is infamous around these parts
....for now I'm more concern about the face and the lip, in due time I'll work the whole wheel, but most likely I'll just let Phil do it...

I also accomplish basically the same result on the other rear wheel, but it could be much better if I found my red ball. Even without it, I'm very impressed with Adam's Metal 1 & 2 polish

Old 01-18-2008, 11:23 PM
Grouse is infamous around these parts
nice phil. wheels are a pain.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:42 PM
///M Lifestyle has a spectacular aura about///M Lifestyle has a spectacular aura about
great work phil!!!

Old 01-18-2008, 11:56 PM
mkell has a spectacular aura aboutmkell has a spectacular aura aboutmkell has a spectacular aura about
Great work Phil as always. I've had great success too with Adam's 1 & 2 per Phil's recommendation.

Old 01-19-2008, 05:31 AM
Pats300zx is infamous around these parts
Great work Phil.

Old 01-20-2008, 02:13 PM
Former Vendor
thanks!