Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Need Detailer in East Bay to Teach Techniques

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 12:45 AM
ELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud of
Need Detailer in East Bay to Teach Techniques

My friend and I are interested in learning how to properly use a Porter Cable. We're looking for someone who would come to San Ramon to teach us how to select and use pads, compounds, polishes, glazes, waxes, etc. Obviously, we're willing to pay.

We did a test run on my friend's black car yesterday; we used mostly Adam's products. The car looks much better than before, but under the right light it still shows lots of minor swirls. We obviously need help.

I've read many of Moe and Phil's suggestions, but a lot of it is Greek to me, especially which products to use under what circumstances. This is why I feel like we need a bit of personalized service.

Anyone?

Moe, do you ever travel to NorCal? MoeBi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:46 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ELMEL
My friend and I are interested in learning how to properly use a Porter Cable. We're looking for someone who would come to San Ramon to teach us how to select and use pads, compounds, polishes, glazes, waxes, etc. Obviously, we're willing to pay.

We did a test run on my friend's black car yesterday; we used mostly Adam's products. The car looks much better than before, but under the right light it still shows lots of minor swirls. We obviously need help.

I've read many of Moe and Phil's suggestions, but a lot of it is Greek to me, especially which products to use under what circumstances. This is why I feel like we need a bit of personalized service.

Anyone?

Moe, do you ever travel to NorCal? MoeBi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.
Now that you have the PC, give me a call and I need to get you the right pads and polishes. We'll talk about tutorial as well.

Old 01-22-2008, 06:42 PM
mkell has a spectacular aura aboutmkell has a spectacular aura aboutmkell has a spectacular aura about
Check out the three lower videos on Phil's site. They were very helpful for me when I started and the techniques showed worked. As far as pad and polish selections, just bug Moe or Phil

http://www.detailersdomain.com/index...on=Custom&ID=3

Old 01-22-2008, 07:00 PM
ELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud of
I called Moe. He's the man! Taught me a ton in just 20 minutes on the phone.

Thanks Moe! I'm sending you an email with my contact info so I can get an order placed with you.

Old 01-22-2008, 09:23 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
I called Moe. He's the man! Taught me a ton in just 20 minutes on the phone.

Thanks Moe! I'm sending you an email with my contact info so I can get an order placed with you.
Great chatting with you. You're going to enjoy working on your turbo. It's a pride of ownership thing. Thanks for making me a part of it

Old 01-25-2008, 01:52 PM
VEPA is infamous around these parts
Might want to contact Bob Willis of auto concierge He's located in the East Bay.

Old 01-25-2008, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by VEPA
Might want to contact Bob Willis of auto concierge He's located in the East Bay.
Thanks.

Old 01-26-2008, 03:56 AM
VEPA is infamous around these parts
Erik,

Since I am a Newby, I could not reply to you PM. Please contact me through Bob.

Thanks,
David

Old 01-26-2008, 03:59 AM
Will do.

Moe, I haven't forgotten about you.

Old 01-26-2008, 06:51 AM
Premium Sponsor
Will do.

Moe, I haven't forgotten about you.
Bob is a great detailer and should be an excellent teacher. You're in good hands.