Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

How to clean tan leather?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 07:30 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Honestly, for the at-home detailer a Magic Eraser works great.

John

Old 02-21-2008, 09:42 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by detailjohn
Honestly, for the at-home detailer a Magic Eraser works great.

John
+1 I actually tried it after being a skeptic and was surprised to see that it did a great job of removing the "grease" layer.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:44 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sure the Mr. Clean eraser may be fine, but there are products like Autoglym Interior Cleaner that are made specifically for automotive interior ceaning and are safe and effective. I'd be careful what to use when working w/ delicate materials in high-end cars.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:39 PM
Grouse is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by atomic80
+1 I actually tried it after being a skeptic and was surprised to see that it did a great job of removing the "grease" layer.
The chemicals in it are to aggressive for modern protected leathers, and can wear through the protective coating on the leather. This could make the area look cloudy, rough or at the very least leave it more susceptible to soils and stains.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:46 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Grouse
The chemicals in it are to aggressive for modern protected leathers, and can wear through the protective coating on the leather. This could make the area look cloudy, rough or at the very least leave it more susceptible to soils and stains.
I agree...this is why products are made for specific applications...specially on high-end material that can be costly to repair.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:46 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
glad you guys posted this thread. ours needs a good cleaning too!

thank goodness mine is black! the hubby has the tan! wait...i have a white doggie, so his white hairs REALLY show up in the black interior of my car! haha!