Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Detailer's Domain: Black Z06 and Swissvax Mystery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 12:26 AM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
Detailer's Domain: Black Z06 and Swissvax Mystery

This car is a beast, it looks so nice in person, love it. In black even better!

I was called into do some paint correction on this beast. Exterior only job.

Needless to say 3800 miles and tons of swirls and light scratches. We were also doing all this to get it ready for clear film install from Nelson /Clear Image in NJ.

Products used:
Adam's Car Wash
P21S Auto Wash
P21S Wheel Cleaner Gel
Adam's Detail Spray
Adam's VRT
Adam's Undercarriage Spray
Adam's Metal Polish 1 and 2
Einszett Glas Polish
UBAR Clay bar from Detailer's Domain
Menzerna Top Inspection
Menzerna Super Intensive Polish
Menzerna PO85RD
Swissvax Cleaner Fluild
Swissvax Mystery

Tools:
3m Blue Tape
3m Sun Gun
Makita 9227 Hi Speed Rotary
LC CCS Green Pad 5.5 (used 4 pads)
LC CCS Blue Pad 5.5 (used 4 pads)
LC CCS Red Pad 5.5 (used 1 pad)
Tons of Microfiber Towels
Detailer's Domain Wool Mitt

Crew:
Me
Alvin Ago

Total time 9 hours

Note: Pictures were not great. Light was an issue.

Okay so here are the pics:

Before:

Old 02-18-2008, 12:26 AM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
P21S in action, wheel clean up:

Agitating dirt with a Boar's Hair Brush/P21S Gel on the wheel and P21S Autowash in the wheel wells and on the tires:

Alvin wiping the excess water and doing a once over with Adam's Detail Spray:

After shot of the front wheel:

Exhaust tips before:

Exhaust tips after hitting them up with Adam's Metal Polish 1 and 2 (used a microfiber applicator pad and a microfiber towel to buff)

Old 02-18-2008, 12:27 AM
Former Vendor
After the wash and clay we were left with a clean surface take a look at the imperfections (sorry lighting was very poor)

Unfortunately this was our best 50/50 shot (this should be after Menzerna Super Intensive Polish followed by Menzerna Top Inspection wipe down/finished with Menzerna PO85rd and then once again wiped down with Menzerna Top Inspection)

Some action shots:

Me on the Makita:

Alvin making sure all is good:

And of course Swissvax Mystery applied and waiting for removal:

Alvin taking a pic of himself...(The Mystery was still on the door)

Old 02-18-2008, 12:29 AM
Former Vendor
After shots in all different light with flash/without flash/with halogens...

Old 02-18-2008, 12:30 AM
Former Vendor
I thinks these are the best shots. Alvin took this with his Canon SLR (not sure if its a D20 or D30)

Old 02-18-2008, 01:57 AM
bigman is infamous around these parts
Wow! Looks great!

Old 02-18-2008, 05:51 AM
Pats300zx is infamous around these parts
Beautiful work Phil...

Old 02-18-2008, 08:06 AM
cellg8 is infamous around these parts
another great job!

Why are you using 2 different polishes and what're the differences?

Menzerna Super Intensive Polish
Menzerna PO85RD

Thank you for posting!

Last edited by cellg8; 02-18-2008 at 08:21 AM.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:19 AM
chardonet is infamous around these partschardonet is infamous around these parts
Hats off you you guys. Great job again.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:27 AM
Chris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud of
Fantastic work, that looks like a car that actually gets the crap beat out of it. I love it.

How much do you guys charge for a full detail like that if you don't mind me asking?

Those are top notch products you guys use. I will be looking more into purchasing products from you guys soon.

- Chris

Old 02-18-2008, 09:53 AM
Former Vendor
Thanks!

Old 02-18-2008, 12:18 PM
Bill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud of
Hey Phil,
I've always wondered...on a "normal" detail like this (or one I may do at home with Menz polish and a PC) how much clear is removed ? I've always wondered how thick (microns ?) Porsche paint is, and how much is truly removed on a process like this. In other words, if I did a PC polish once/year, would I remove a substantial % of the clear in say 10 years ?
Just weighing the balance of "no swirls" vs. "no clear coat"....

Bill

Old 02-18-2008, 03:04 PM
RAY in Pa. is infamous around these parts
Incredible craftmanship, nicely done Phil!

Old 02-18-2008, 06:52 PM
Former Vendor
Thanks!

Old 02-18-2008, 06:52 PM
Banned
crazy1323 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Bill in Atlanta
Hey Phil,
I've always wondered...on a "normal" detail like this (or one I may do at home with Menz polish and a PC) how much clear is removed ? I've always wondered how thick (microns ?) Porsche paint is, and how much is truly removed on a process like this. In other words, if I did a PC polish once/year, would I remove a substantial % of the clear in say 10 years ?
Just weighing the balance of "no swirls" vs. "no clear coat"....

Bill
This is a very broad question.

It would depend on many different things. Obviously the more aggressivve you are the faster it will wear the clear off the car. Your best bet is to try all ways to avoid swirls. Use the two bucket method to wash, use onlyvery good wash mitts. I prefer the natural sheepskin from Moe or the Schmit wash mit from Phil. Also, if you have the financial means, purchase a CR spotless system. This will keep wash induced swirls from occuring.

Now for protection. You want to have a sacrificial layer the will take damage and nothave your paint take damage. I use symol concours as it is not priced too bad and works great. I try to apply a layer or two once a month. At my apartment me car is outside 100% of the time (dont' worry i got a garage for next year). If your car is garaged, you can get away with about 3-months with normal washings.

If you can follow these steps you can avoid the need to machine polish your car, or at leastprolong the time in between.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Detailer's Domain: Black Z06 and Swissvax Mystery