Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Black soot

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 02:05 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Black soot

As a newbie I have a question. I notice that every time I take my car out for a drive I end up with a thin layer of black soot on the rear of the car. I'm sure it is residue from the exhaust. Is this normal? Also, to remove it do I need to wash the car every time or is it ok to wipe it off with a microfiber towel?

Old 02-23-2008, 03:17 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by EZ Cookin
As a newbie I have a question. I notice that every time I take my car out for a drive I end up with a thin layer of black soot on the rear of the car. I'm sure it is residue from the exhaust. Is this normal? Also, to remove it do I need to wash the car every time or is it ok to wipe it off with a microfiber towel?
That thin layer is probably fumes from the exhaust. You don't want to wipe it off with a towel; just give it a bath after a few drives. If you have a good wax on the car already, there's not much damage to the paint from the soot.

Old 02-23-2008, 08:52 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
I have a good wax on it so it comes off very easy. Thanks for the suggestion on the towel.

Old 02-24-2008, 09:48 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
This also means that you're driving your car hard. Basically just keep doing what you're doing.

Old 02-24-2008, 10:03 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by detailjohn
This also means that you're driving your car hard. Basically just keep doing what you're doing.
Driving too hard????? I'd say that's how a porsche is suppose to be driven