Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Water spots are driving me nuts!!! Softener ideas?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 08:32 PM
jkb
jkb is infamous around these parts
Water spots are driving me nuts!!! Softener ideas?

even after going over the car with Klasse AIO i can still see some water spots. so i decided it is time to buy a water softener system.

I noticed griot garage selling this in-line water softener unit:

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/37244.do

the obvious advantage is size. it is getting a little tight in the garage, otherwise, i'd go with something from CR spotless.

so does the inline product work well? or is it a waste of money? how many washes does it last for on average? anybody has first hand experience with that?

... or should i just bite the bullet and get CR spotless unit and find space for it?

Old 03-02-2008, 09:08 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jkb
even after going over the car with Klasse AIO i can still see some water spots. so i decided it is time to buy a water softener system.

I noticed griot garage selling this in-line water softener unit:

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/37244.do

the obvious advantage is size. it is getting a little tight in the garage, otherwise, i'd go with something from CR spotless.

so does the inline product work well? or is it a waste of money? how many washes does it last for on average? anybody has first hand experience with that?

... or should i just bite the bullet and get CR spotless unit and find space for it?
Get the CR Spotless; a true deionized system. Most of everything else out there is a softner system. DI is the only true spot-free water.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
costco.com has the CR system for $50.00 off right now. You could also dry your car right after washing.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:30 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by detailjohn
costco.com has the CR system for $50.00 off right now. You could also dry your car right after washing.
You can also get it in-store for $299.99. Check your local Costco.

Old 03-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Banned
BrianBrice is infamous around these parts
Simple enough

Old 03-02-2008, 11:15 PM
Banned
crazy1323 is infamous around these parts
I bought a CR spotless from Moe and could not be happier, both with customer service and the product.

I vote support the Forum sponsor (both Moe and Phil carry them) and purchase from one of them.

Old 03-02-2008, 11:24 PM
Banned
BrianBrice is infamous around these parts
CR spotless is a great product, highly recommend them as well! I thank the sponsors for supplying such a great product.

Old 03-02-2008, 11:28 PM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by crazy1323
I bought a CR spotless from Moe and could not be happier, both with customer service and the product.

I vote support the Forum sponsor (both Moe and Phil carry them) and purchase from one of them.
I'll get a group buy up for the non-costco members, but I just had to ethically let you guys know what's out there; even if it mean losing the biz to costco.

Old 03-03-2008, 01:44 AM
chardonet is infamous around these partschardonet is infamous around these parts
Buy the CR Spotless and find the space for it! You will not be disappointed. Highly recommended.

Old 03-03-2008, 12:41 PM
jkb
You could also dry your car right after washing.
the city where i live has the hardest water in all of bay area.

Old 03-03-2008, 03:09 PM
cellg8 is infamous around these parts
Would this problem be eliminated if you dry the car with MF towels right away after wash? $400 (after tax at costco) for a bigger unit is a lot of money and can buy you loads of MF towels...

Old 03-03-2008, 03:58 PM
jkb
Originally Posted by cellg8
Would this problem be eliminated if you dry the car with MF towels right away after wash? $400 (after tax at costco) for a bigger unit is a lot of money and can buy you loads of MF towels...
no it wouldnt. i do dry the car right away, the like i said, where i live, the water is harder than 90% of cities out there. and drying a huge car like a 7-series bmw sedan takes more than just a few seconds.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:01 PM
cellg8 is infamous around these parts
I find using jumbo waffle MF towels help a lot and drive the car a lot faster...even on the truck like Cayenne.

http://www.detailersdomain.com/index...PROD&ProdID=55

Old 03-03-2008, 11:28 PM
jkb
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
I'll get a group buy up for the non-costco members, but I just had to ethically let you guys know what's out there; even if it mean losing the biz to costco.
any thoughts on how soon the group buy would get going? also, i'd want to get a wall mounted unit, not the one with wheels. is group buy for a specific unit only?

Old 03-03-2008, 11:39 PM
Banned
crazy1323 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jkb
any thoughts on how soon the group buy would get going? also, i'd want to get a wall mounted unit, not the one with wheels. is group buy for a specific unit only?
The one with wheels is the one that can go on the wall. You simply remove the stand and the holes are already there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Water spots are driving me nuts!!! Softener ideas?