Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

how do i get this dirt off my wheels?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 11:27 PM
momoney is infamous around these parts
how do i get this dirt off my wheels?

i have tried meguiars wheel cleaner and that has not removed the grime off the wheels what should i use. here are the pictures of my wheels:

Old 03-22-2008, 11:30 PM
Zach is infamous around these parts
My wheels get really dirty....this stuff helps tons:

http://www.google.com/search?source=...=Google+Search

Old 03-23-2008, 09:13 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by momoney
i have tried meguiars wheel cleaner and that has not removed the grime off the wheels what should i use. here are the pictures of my wheels:

Very simple. What you have there is embedded brake dust as a result of not washing the wheels often enough or with a good wheel cleaner. The remedy is simple; clay the wheels. After you clayed them, apply a protectant like RejEx and make sure you wash your wheels as often as you drive. Daily drivers should be washed weekly and cars that go out on the weekend, can go every two weeks. Use a mild, pH balanced wheel cleaner like zymol Wheel Cleaner.

Old 03-23-2008, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
Very simple. What you have there is embedded brake dust as a result of not washing the wheels often enough or with a good wheel cleaner. The remedy is simple; clay the wheels. After you clayed them, apply a protectant like RejEx and make sure you wash your wheels as often as you drive. Daily drivers should be washed weekly and cars that go out on the weekend, can go every two weeks. Use a mild, pH balanced wheel cleaner like zymol Wheel Cleaner.
I tried the clay bay and it did not work, i still have those embedded brake dust spots. Is there anything stronger that wil remove the embedded brake dust?

Old 03-23-2008, 09:03 PM
JoshVette is infamous around these parts
They look like painted rims correct?

Wow, that's a toughy, if the clay won't get it out, it must be really burnt in to the paint, try some 3M adhesive remover. If that doesn't work, the only other thing that really comes to mind is a mother's power ball and chemical paint cleaner or possibly even an abrasive polish....

I agree with Moe, once you get it thoroughly cleaned, apply some protection like rejex or a good AIO like Zaino or Klasse AIO.

Regular maintaince and waxing them will help you avoid this in the future.

Josh

Last edited by JoshVette; 03-23-2008 at 09:06 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:13 PM
vick57 is infamous around these parts
i have tried meguiars wheel cleaner and that has not removed the grime off the wheels what should i use. .....
have you tried PS21 finish restorer? i switched to it from mothers wheel polish.

Old 03-23-2008, 11:09 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
I tried the clay bay and it did not work, i still have those embedded brake dust spots. Is there anything stronger that wil remove the embedded brake dust?
What clay did you use? I usually clay using zymol lehm klay and then whatever I cannot get off, Menzerna SIP does it for me. Hope this helps.

Old 03-23-2008, 11:46 PM
What clay did you use? I usually clay using zymol lehm klay and then whatever I cannot get off, Menzerna SIP does it for me. Hope this helps.

Moe, have you used SIP on rims for burnt in brake dust?

Just curious...

Old 03-24-2008, 06:34 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by JoshVette
Moe, have you used SIP on rims for burnt in brake dust?

Just curious...
On wheels that are clear coated, you can use a polish like SIP to get the last bit of brake dust that claying won't remove. Works like a charm for me since I don't use harsh chemicals or wheels acids.

Old 03-24-2008, 12:15 PM
On wheels that are clear coated, you can use a polish like SIP to get the last bit of brake dust that claying won't remove. Works like a charm for me since I don't use harsh chemicals or wheels acids.
I don't use them either, but for this situation I would give some 3M Adhesive Remover a shot, it's clear coat safe.

Thanks for the referal btw Moe.
Josh

Old 03-24-2008, 02:27 PM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
Clay should totally remove it.
If not, try & get a harder clay, or as Moe said, polish it, but it's going to be by hand, & take some time.

I would be very careful if you go the harsh acid, cleaner route.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:04 PM
where can i get the SIP polish with a reasonable price?

Old 03-24-2008, 11:51 PM
Premium Sponsor
where can i get the SIP polish with a reasonable price?
Please PM me your info and I'll ship it out to you.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:52 PM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by JoshVette
I don't use them either, but for this situation I would give some 3M Adhesive Remover a shot, it's clear coat safe.

Thanks for the referal btw Moe.
Josh
You're welcome Josh. Take good care of the car and the client

Old 03-25-2008, 08:22 AM
You're welcome Josh. Take good care of the car and the client
Always...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: how do i get this dirt off my wheels?