Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

How do you get stains out of Alcantara/Suede??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 11:32 PM
Joeballz is infamous around these parts
How do you get stains out of Alcantara/Suede??

Ok how do i get stains out of Alcantara/Suede seats? It says that you can use a damp rag with alcantara which i tried but its not taking the stain out completely. so please help me out.

Old 04-13-2008, 11:41 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Joeballz
Ok how do i get stains out of Alcantara/Suede seats? It says that you can use a damp rag with alcantara which i tried but its not taking the stain out completely. so please help me out.
Autoglym Interior Cleaner works like a charm for me. PM me if you'd like some.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:05 AM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
Joeballz,

You can also try leather master strong cleaner on the suede/alcantara.

Leather Master Strong Cleaner Click here

Old 04-16-2008, 09:12 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
white gas

Old 04-23-2008, 01:31 AM
JimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the rough
just the answer I was looking for. Thanks Moe / Phil

Old 04-23-2008, 01:32 AM
socal is infamous around these parts
I have actually asked people at Meguiars
why they haven't made anything for it.

It's extremely hard to clean

I keep my seats covered all the time

Old 04-23-2008, 07:32 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JimGT3
just the answer I was looking for. Thanks Moe / Phil
You're welcome Jim

Old 04-23-2008, 07:34 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by socal
I have actually asked people at Meguiars
why they haven't made anything for it.

It's extremely hard to clean

I keep my seats covered all the time
Well, it depends on whom you've talked to and their experience with alcantara. It's actually very easy to clean if you know the right product and the right technique. You have to be working with alcantara to know what to do; most of the higher-end exotics have alcantara in them.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:53 AM
DanPonjican is infamous around these parts
Great reading for general leather care...
Detailing Wiki - Leather Care

Old 04-30-2008, 07:30 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by DanPonjican
Great reading for general leather care...
Detailing Wiki - Leather Care
I have tremendous respect for Jon Miller; he's an authrority in our industry.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:41 AM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
I know this sounds crazy, but soak a microfiber in white gas and wipe. It works very well, and will not leave an odor because it evaporates so quickly. It will also not damage the alcantera.

John

Old 04-30-2008, 04:29 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
what's white gas??

Old 05-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Former Vendor
I believe it's some form of camping gas. I had a car in my shop with some stubborn stains and I asked a local high-end upholstery guy. I tried it, and was very impressed with the results.

John

Old 05-01-2008, 08:04 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
towgt asked me to post this for you all:

How do you get stains out of Alcantara/Suede?? (6Speedonline on line question)

Leayher Master's Nubuck Foam Cleaner is a solvent free pump action product, which is extremely efficient for the cleaning of leather upholstery.

The foam created by an aerosol or pump type dispenser has the consistency of shaving cream, making it ideal for leather (especially sensitive finishes such as Aniline, Alcantara®, etc). Do not allow to dry as it can leave spotting. For heavily soiled areas, or where the leather has become ingrained such as in creases in the leather, a soft brush can be used to agitate and loosen the dirt.

Spraying a cleaner on hot leather can cause spotting and discolorations. Please remember, that by rubbing hard on the leather surface, you will only push the dirt deeper into the leather. Wiping the surface with a damp cloth on a regular basis (every week/two weeks) is recommended to remove surface dust and dirt and add moisture (hydration)

Old 05-05-2008, 06:51 PM
nsatibl1 is infamous around these parts
I have been wondering the same thing. I have been wanting to clean the headliner of my E55.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How do you get stains out of Alcantara/Suede??