Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Black car wax and polish recommendation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 09:10 PM
rah79 is infamous around these parts
Black car wax and polish recommendation

I've been reading that certain polish and wax are more noticeable on black cars. So I was wondering what expericence or recommendation you might have to use on a black car.

Thanks

Raj

Old 04-18-2008, 11:20 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
Raj,

are you planning on doing this by hand or with an orbital like a PC or Flex?

Old 04-19-2008, 06:51 AM
by hand....I would use a PC or flex but I haven't used one before and I don't want to do something I'll regret.

Old 04-19-2008, 07:16 AM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
How bad are the swirls?

Go with Swissvax Cleaner Fluild followed by Swissvax Zuffenhausen.

Old 04-19-2008, 07:20 AM
Light swirls and scratches

Old 04-19-2008, 07:35 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rah79
Light swirls and scratches
If you have light swirls and scratches, using a product by hand will minimize the imperfections, but it won't remove them. You shouldn't be afraid to use a PC since the learning curve is small and you're almost guaranteed not to damage your finish. If it were my car, I would invest in a DA polisher like the PC or flex and get some Menzerna and LC pads and give the finish a once over. Then use a hand polish and wax. But what's important here is to remember taking care of the swirls has remedied the situation, but it's more important to figure out where these imperfections are coming from. You've got to be using good quality towels, wash mitts, drying cloths, etc. to maintain the finish. Hope this helps.

Old 04-19-2008, 09:58 AM
Zaks is infamous around these partsZaks is infamous around these parts
I agree with Moe.. anyone with half a high school education has enough self control to not damage the paint with a PC... it seems to me you would have to turn it on it's side, without a pad to do anything bad... however, you do need to follow a somewhat proper technique in order to properly and quickly remove the actual defects in the paint...

get yourself a PC, Menzerna 106ff & SIP, some LC pads, and watch the videos below an hour before going for polishing... if your Porsche's paint is soft like usual, depending on the severity of swirl marks, Menzerna SIP with a white or orange pad followed by 106ff on a white pad will make it pretty perfect...

Here's the link http://paintcare-n-detailing.com/video.html

Old 04-19-2008, 12:02 PM
well thnx for the advise guys...I will have to think about the PC because I live in a condo and have no place to plug it in

Old 04-21-2008, 05:37 PM
987rbtr is infamous around these parts
well thnx for the advise guys...I will have to think about the PC because I live in a condo and have no place to plug it in

Thanks for asking this rah79. Just took delivery of a 2008 Black S and was wondering the same for care of Black...

Old 04-22-2008, 10:56 AM
xxterxx is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by pyiu
How bad are the swirls?

Go with Swissvax Cleaner Fluild followed by Swissvax Zuffenhausen.
any reason why zuffenhausen and not the mystery?

Old 04-22-2008, 11:07 AM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
I like Zymol's black wax, it seems to be pretty durable, and gives great water beed.

John

Old 04-22-2008, 11:25 AM
987rbtr is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by detailjohn
I like Zymol's black wax, it seems to be pretty durable, and gives great water beed.

John

How is the application on this? I have had some pretty laborous dealings with other waxes and didn't care for it much. Easy on, easy off is my name....

Also, I tend to apply by hand instead of using my DA.

Last edited by 987rbtr; 04-22-2008 at 11:28 AM.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:17 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
How about p21s. That is real easy on and off.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:18 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Zymol Ebony was really designed for single-stage black paint; not today's clear coat. All of zymol's hand-crafted and estate glazes are easy to apply and remove. There is a small learning curve since the higher-end waxes are applied with bare hands, otherwise, user-friendly and durable. p21s is very easy to use as well; so is einszett glanz. the glanz is probably the most user-friendly but don't use any of the waxes when cold or humid; major streaking.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:37 PM
mkell has a spectacular aura aboutmkell has a spectacular aura aboutmkell has a spectacular aura about
Loooooooong extension cord up to your condo

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Black car wax and polish recommendation