Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

problem with CR spotless system (moe?)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 10:59 AM
jkb
jkb is infamous around these parts
problem with CR spotless system (moe?)

hey moe,

i had a couple of questions and was wondering if you can shed some light. while CR spotless seems to work as advertised (to my shock and disbelief), the TDS meter on the unit does not. it always produces "Err" on the display. any thoughts as to why?

thanks...

Old 04-22-2008, 07:04 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jkb
hey moe,

i had a couple of questions and was wondering if you can shed some light. while CR spotless seems to work as advertised (to my shock and disbelief), the TDS meter on the unit does not. it always produces "Err" on the display. any thoughts as to why?

thanks...
I'll call cr tomorrow and find out. If it's a bad unit, we'll replace it of course. Glad to hear it met your expectations

Old 04-23-2008, 02:33 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
I have a spare meter I can send you, just PM me your address and I'll put it in the mail. The one I have is for the unit with the 2 sensors mounted inside of the Ts.

Old 04-24-2008, 11:10 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jkb
hey moe,

thanks...
OK..called cr and here's the fix:

Check the connection leads on the meter output screen. You may have to pull it out and push it back in. Also, check the connection from the lead into the housing. If those don't fix the issue, please PM me and I'll have a new meter sent out.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:32 PM
jkb
jkb is infamous around these parts
yup, cable that goes into the meter was out a bit. seems ok now (shows 000 and not Err) - will try it next time i wash the car.

Old 04-25-2008, 07:33 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by jkb
yup, cable that goes into the meter was out a bit. seems ok now (shows 000 and not Err) - will try it next time i wash the car.
Glad to hear it woked out. The lower the reading output, the better.