Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

I want to know....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 07:06 AM
Banned
DWerkzBCHN330Ci is infamous around these parts
I want to know....

So here it is... I want to know why everyone on this board is so scared of me? Everyone tells me that I need to be a sponsor on this board to promote my company. The truth be told I do not need anymore business. I am not on this board to try to promote business for my company. Ask any other detailer in the Dallas area if I need business and if they know me and my reputation they will say not really. I do not do any advertising in the area. My website, my detail trucks and world of mouth is the way I have been doing it for 6 years.

If I was selling equipment, or product then yes I would not mind investing the 2-3K to become a sponsor but I do not. Me posting photos of cars on this board should not scare anyone that I am trying to take business from you.

All I am tyring to show are new and better products in the market that are much better than the products that are raved about on this board. I have done 6-8 months of research on the products I use to make sure I am putting the best products on my clients vehicles.

I changed my nick for this board because of the commotion it was causing even though I signed up with it before this board was even big and you could sign up with any nick. In my new nick I don't even promote where I am from, what I do, no signature etc.

So I don't understand why everyone has to hate when I try to post some photos. Its not like I am putting up photos of exotics or some rare car to show off my work. I put up general every day cars that us detailers will run into and try to show case some products and machines that I use to eliminate the paint correction issues.

So you can hate if you want, I am not trying to promote my company, trying to drum up business, and I do not sell products on my website. I am just tying to give my 2 cents to this detail board community. If I am not wanted just say the word and I will be gone. Ban me, delete me I don't care. I don't really have time for posting on this board very much anyways. I stay extreamly busy.

I just want other detailers to know of other products, and the other consumers on this board to see what the prodcuts I use can do for their cars.

I use only Polomer Polishes and have been for 14 years. I detail upwards of 7 cars a day with these products and have a website full of vehicles that have used these products. You should not need to do 42 steps to make your car shine.

I can take a neglected car as pictured.

and use 3 products to produce these kind of results...Spend about 3 hours on the inside and outside and come with a result of...

and to boot durability and shine for upwards of 6-8 months.

anyways...God Bless and have a great day, and don't be worried...I am not out to take your clients away from you..esp you California detailers!! I can hardly afford the diesel to get around the dallas area let alone drive some 1500-2000 miles to detail a few cars.

So I hope when I do post some photos of some kind of car I can get some comments about great work, tell me more about this kind of product you used, or what ever just stop the bashing its getting old. If you really have nothing good to coment on just dont comment. If you have to bash maybe you need to look into your heart and see if God is in it, because I know he is in mine.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:18 AM
JoshVette is infamous around these parts
Brian, I hope I have not givin you this impression as I know we are both in the same market with the same clientele.

This forum is reeeeeeaaaall picky about us pro detailers getting on here and posting pics, so I just avoid it alltogether and try to answer questions and give good advise. I've only posted up one picture thread and I made sure to preface it with "I'm not promoting" so they didn't think something. I posted it mainly cause it was Porsche related. I see a few enthusiasts get on here and post up pics and no one seems to care, but as soon as a pro gets on and does the same thing it's frowned apon?

BTW, do you still use Zaino?? I see a lot of Gloss It products in your process but never heard of Gloss It?

Nice to know we both share the same beliefs as well.
Josh

Last edited by JoshVette; 05-21-2008 at 07:26 AM.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:29 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by JoshVette
Brian, I hope I have not givin you this impression as I know we are both in the same market with the same clientele.
-- Its not you. I have high respect for you and what you do in the area! There are not many of us that can do what we do to a car, and its good to know i have someone to talk to if the time ever arises.

This forum is reeeeeeaaaall picky about us pro detailers getting on here and posting pics, so I just avoid it alltogether and try to answer questions and give good advise. I've only posted up one picture thread, mainly cause it was Porsche related
-- it really should not be that way. everyone on this forum should want to absorb as much detail information as they can. I know I am a self taught detailer and photos and reading about what others used is how I became where I am today. I don't think other detailers should NOT post cars that they have done, as I enjoy reading and finding out what products they are using to see if I can enhance my detailing business. Pictures are worth a thousand words and I can see first hand what a product can do to a certain section on/in a car I am more than excited to learn.

BTW, do you still use Zaino?? I see a lot of Gloss It products in your process but never heard of Gloss It?
--I have been beta-testing the Gloss-It polish line for about 6 months, and I never thought I would find another polymer polish that compares to Zaino Show Car Polishes.

I started to see what else was available when I had a long term client who approached me telling me that he loves Zaino but he missed the depth and wetness that a carnauba gave to his black BMW M5.

I started doing tons of research on all the different polishes on the market, buying over $500 worth of these different polishes and testing on my personal, friend's, and family's vehicles to compare the effect, outcome, durability, quality, ease of application, removal, depth, and shine.
My final result was the Gloss-It show car polishes. This polish provides ease of application and removal, 6-8 months of durability, and provides an extensive depth and shine that rivals all that I have tried.
Gloss It Appearance products were developed and tested in a real detailing environment -- over 15 years and 15,000 cars! Granite Auto Grooming facility uses these products exclusively on the finest luxury and exotic cars. Granite Auto Grooming is Las Vegas' premier detail shop. After visiting Granite Auto Grooming and speaking with Rich Light in person. I knew I had a winning product line for my company.

Nice to know we both share the same beliefs as well.
Josh
Indeed my friend, its good to know that we will both be together in heaven detailing on some of God's rides one day! . God is Good!

Old 05-21-2008, 07:36 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
If you notice Brian, there are several new PRO detailers on this board, Josh being one of them, that we have no problem with. The reason is simple: they earned their stripes. These new detailers are on this board everyday and give great advice and have not posted any pictures of cars they've detailed for exposure. Instead, they focus on HELPING and EDUCATING the board members with their writing. You have once again had one of your clients post for you with your company logo on pictures, you have posted the vette, and now you have your username with your company name as well. So, I don't hate, I just don't respect someone that does these side tactics. Why not just come on here, read threads, respond back with another point of view, and call it a day? I'm not threatened by anyone in any way. There's plenty of cars out there to detail and I'm very confident in my abilities. My feathers don't get ruffled over that, it's the sheer disrespect you have for this board and you're showing it again. Now you're here promoting your friend's product line as well, GlossIt. Actions speak louder than words bro. We've spoke on the phone before and I had tremendous respect for you. You do great work, I see your passion, and I'd like you to be a productive and integral addition to our family. But this is not the way to do it.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:50 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
If you notice Brian, there are several new PRO detailers on this board, Josh being one of them, that we have no problem with. The reason is simple: they earned their stripes. These new detailers are on this board everyday and give great advice and have not posted any pictures of cars they've detailed for exposure. Instead, they focus on HELPING and EDUCATING the board members with their writing. You have once again had one of your clients post for you with your company logo on pictures, you have posted the vette, and now you have your username with your company name as well. So, I don't hate, I just don't respect someone that does these side tactics. Why not just come on here, read threads, respond back with another point of view, and call it a day? I'm not threatened by anyone in any way. There's plenty of cars out there to detail and I'm very confident in my abilities. My feathers don't get ruffled over that, it's the sheer disrespect you have for this board and you're showing it again. Now you're here promoting your friend's product line as well, GlossIt. Actions speak louder than words bro. We've spoke on the phone before and I had tremendous respect for you. You do great work, I see your passion, and I'd like you to be a productive and integral addition to our family. But this is not the way to do it.
Well I don't know how you do it Moe, you must sit at home or something to be able to post all day and assist folk with questions and such. I have a wife and 3 year old daughter and I must work M-F 9am-8pm just to give them a great life. I wish I could sit at a computer all day and answer questions that people ask on here, but I can't. It's good that you are able to do that, but you are as most biased about what products are used and what is good. Have you even tried Gloss-It or other products out there to be able to give advice on them? You should.

The black 300C was a client that came to me with a major issue from a local body shop. It was a great opportunity to showcase the Gloss-It line of paint correction polishes and thats what I did. I documented the complete process to show other detailers how great this product really is. I have never used another paint correction product this good, and I have tried them all from 3M to the others. I was not trying to promote my detail company with the photos but trying to promote the product, Cyclo polisher, pads etc. Of course most took it the wrong way. Other boards he posted on did not even care about a water mark or what ever on the photos.

And note my new nick, unless you just absolute know me.. you don't know who I am or what my company name is. I am not trying to hate.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:56 AM
Grouse is infamous around these parts
sigh

I have to go with moe on this one. months ago i would have disagreed. I have since seen the benefit of how this detailing section is run compared to others.

Old 05-21-2008, 09:09 AM
Imaj is infamous around these parts
Hey Brian...Good to see you back in the mix again.

Ahh...I though you detailed a black car not that long ago. With all due respect to the sponsors here...Can Brian post my car on here? It looks awesome! Gloss-It ROCKS!!!

Thanks!

Last edited by Imaj; 05-23-2008 at 09:32 AM.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:16 AM
BeastRides101 is infamous around these parts
I have a feeling this is going to get heated.

Old 05-23-2008, 12:05 AM
auto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to behold
Lightbulb Her we go again

On another site I frequent detailinbliss there is section where real pro's give opinions on products and techniques without putting thier web address on the pics or avatar, now as a small company in No California I would love to sponsor but it does not make sense to pay when the sponsorship is not not region specific, and unlike Phil or Moe I do not have an e-commerce site to sell product just my labor services.

When you plunk down 4,500.00 $ a year you will get bent when people who do not pay a sponsorship come in and promote, remember the skilled but thong footed detailers from sunny florida had good info and pics but were too aggressive in the promotion and are now by by on this forum and others, if you were at a show that you paid exclusive rights to and I pulled in with my truck and gear right next YOU without paying and started hawking my products.......................................... ................. I think you get the picture, and speaking of pics the Crysler looked great but there were endlessssss pics of the car.

This is not taking sides or an attack just applied common sense to a sometimes heated debate. My humble opinion.

Old 05-23-2008, 07:29 AM
Grouse is infamous around these parts
Bob puts it very well. As i side note, I believe unless you are grandfathered in advertising for new advertisers is 7k a year for this site.