Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Glass Cleaner - Tint Safe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 10:05 AM
stradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the rough
Glass Cleaner - Tint Safe

So I have some tinted windows that are starting to get a bit dirty and in need of a clean. Any products recommended for said needs?

Sadly I don't know exactly what type of tint it is, so sorry if you need that info.

Finally, I know this is a big no-no on cars, but I have fallen in love with Method Glass Cleaner for all the glass tables and mirrors in my house.
It is ammonia free and very gentle and just does not streak whatsoever no matter what I'm cleaning. It might be a function of the MF towel I use with it, but either way, I love the stuff.

I linked the product, click on the "Find out what it's made of" link to see the ingredients. It seems pretty safe to me and I've been nothing less than impressed at its abilities around the house.
I am half tempted to test them out on my windows, but not before some advice on other products or warnings not to.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-28-2008, 10:37 AM
Zaks is infamous around these partsZaks is infamous around these parts
I use Stoner Invisible glass

Old 05-28-2008, 06:23 PM
mkell has a spectacular aura aboutmkell has a spectacular aura aboutmkell has a spectacular aura about
Adams glass cleaner works with tint as does Windex (not the regular kind, but the one with vinegar). I find that Adams does a better job though.