Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

foam gun

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 10:00 AM
ariarec is infamous around these parts
foam gun

I bought the foam gun and the grid guard bucket from Phil at Detailers Domain. All I can say is if you enjoy detailing your own car, get the foam gun!!!! It is so much fun to use and cuts down the time of washing the car. The grit guard bucket was pretty great too and Phil was nice enough to send me a new caddy right away because mine got damaged in shipping.

I used the foam gun with the Detailing Dynamics soap, which I love! No water spots despite my not having DI water.

Thanks Phil.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Bri
EE
Bri has a spectacular aura aboutBri has a spectacular aura about
I just ordered my foam gun as well. I can't wait to try it! I really think that it would cut down the time in washing the car.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
thanks guys I love the foam gun as well there is a bit of a learning curve but once you figure it out its a great tool and saves time especially on the quick washes.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:18 AM
Barrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by detailersdomain
thanks guys I love the foam gun as well there is a bit of a learning curve but once you figure it out its a great tool and saves time especially on the quick washes.
I am going to get one too. Any tips to reduce the learning curve??

Old 06-05-2008, 03:28 AM
Pats300zx is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Barrister
I am going to get one too. Any tips to reduce the learning curve??
Barrister...Here is a video for ya. Should help you out.

http://paintcare-n-detailing.com/foam.html

Old 06-05-2008, 04:14 AM
ariarec is infamous around these parts
It really only took a few minutes to figure it out. The learning curve was pretty small.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:56 AM
Bri
EE
it didn't meet my expectations though. I thought that you can foam up the whole car and start washing. But by the time you're done foaming the car, the foam where you started is already gone!

How do you guys put soap in the canister? Dilute with water or concentrated?

Old 06-05-2008, 10:09 AM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
if you use it full concentrate it should be good also what letter are you on a or e?

Old 06-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Bri
EE
if you use it full concentrate it should be good also what letter are you on a or e?
If I use full concentrate, I use between a-c. Using E at full concentration is just a waste IMO. It eats up the soap way too quickly.

If I dilute it then I use E.

How do you do it Phil?

Old 06-05-2008, 12:44 PM
Former Vendor
Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !
Phil, email me the details to purchase one. I'll take a foam gun too.

Old 06-05-2008, 02:30 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Phil,

i need one too boss.

raja

Old 06-05-2008, 05:35 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Bri
If I use full concentrate, I use between a-c. Using E at full concentration is just a waste IMO. It eats up the soap way too quickly.

If I dilute it then I use E.

How do you do it Phil?
I go full concentrate and on E, I guess I'm a bit wasteful, but that's enough soap on the car that I can use a shmitt or Uber Wool mitt to clean up the car before it dries up etc.

Old 06-05-2008, 05:36 PM
Former Vendor
Gil and Lil raj,

Here is the

FOAM Gun Kit

Old 06-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Bri
EE
I go full concentrate and on E, I guess I'm a bit wasteful, but that's enough soap on the car that I can use a shmitt or Uber Wool mitt to clean up the car before it dries up etc.

Phil,

I tried doing that but by the time I finish the entire car, the foam/soap where I started is already gone!!! Geez... The foam doesn't cling that long...

Old 06-06-2008, 06:07 AM
stradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the rough
Looks like fun and I obviously want one, but I feel that I would go through soap like water if I used it...even with low dilutions...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.