Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Zymol VS Swisvax

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 01:10 AM
MpowerG is infamous around these parts
Zymol VS Swisvax

What one is the best?? I have a Alpine white E46 M3 and wondering what is the best wax for my car?

MpowerG
2007 Mini Cooper S

Last edited by MpowerG; 05-31-2008 at 09:20 PM.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:24 PM
cclarkporsche is infamous around these parts
Well i think zymol is the best and Swissvax isnt. Who would be stupid enough to pay 700 bucks for personal use wax. And hows the GT3 RS i heard you crashed yours in a ditch somwhere in the country.

Old 05-31-2008, 06:43 PM
MpowerG is infamous around these parts
Crashed my GT3 RS?
Where have you heard this from?

But thanks for your opinion

Old 05-31-2008, 07:56 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
again its all in the prep work but of course I'm going to lean towards Swissvax, I feel its a better product

Old 05-31-2008, 11:28 PM
Grouse is infamous around these parts
having used them side by side. I like swiss wax cleaner fluid better than hd cleanse. SW councuro better than z concurs.

I've tried a bit of destiny, alantique and vintage. Fantastic waxes. I have not tried the comparable waxes from swisswax.

here is the caveat i will add. 1 in 50 people who are detailers will be able to tell the difference between a high end carnauba and a sealant. Yeah it's that bad. Truth be told 1z glanz wax will give you 90% of the look of a High end carnauba wax and 6 times the durability.

Swiss wax, zymol 3 week -4 weeks max is what you can expect for durability.

glanz wax 3-5 months.

That is approaching acrylic territory with out making your car look like it was just saran wrapped.

Last edited by Grouse; 05-31-2008 at 11:36 PM.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:39 AM
J_Edwards is infamous around these partsJ_Edwards is infamous around these parts
Sadly enough for the detailers out there, Grouse is totally right. Most detailers can't tell the difference between a sealant and a wax on any color, white only makes it harder. If you are dealing with a white car, there really isn't any advantage in going with something like a carnuba over a paint sealant.

Typically paint sealants are going to give a really glossy finish, but they are lacking in depth. White doesn't have any depth to begin with, so going with a sealant isn't any compromise whatsoever. You are gaining a huge amount of durability, and beyond drastically reducing your product cost over some high end boutique wax.

Now to not be a devils advocate and actually answer your question, I haven't used any Swissvax products yet, but I have used Zymol Vintage and it is awesome.

Now is that awesome enough of a difference to justify you spending 1700 over around 30 for a can of Glanz Wax for a white car? Not even the slightest of chances.

Old 06-01-2008, 05:10 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Such an open-ended question...AS far as not being able to tell between sealant and carnauba on a car, I must disagree. I can always tell if a car has carnauba or synthetic, and I can always spot a zymol car as well. Maybe it's because all I've used for 13 years is carnauba, but when I used einszett on my car, I immediately noticed the lack of depth and richness. einszett Glanz is still an excellent product, hence why I carry it, but for me, it doesn’t achieve the "look" I'm after, that's a personal taste. zymol has a look that is very unique to itself and hasn't been matched by any other product, I've tried many products and nothing gives me the "look" I'm after like zymol. So it really comes down to what "look" you're after. If it's glossy and shinny, then synthetic, if warmth and depth then carnauba. As for choosing zymol or swissvax, let's just say it's always best to go with the original high-end product line that started that category. As I tell clients, nothing wrong with the other brand, but it's just not Zymol

Old 06-01-2008, 11:43 PM
J_Edwards is infamous around these partsJ_Edwards is infamous around these parts
Moe, I think that you hit the nail on the head really well.

You can tell the difference, but you are a professional, not just an enthusiast. There is a tremendous difference. I would imagine that white would be one of the most difficult colors to discern this difference on as well.

Add to that, you are using Vintage which is so far beyond a run of the mill, everyday wax. So your point is awesome, that the good stuff can't be surpassed without limitations. That is a huge benefit for pros that use those products, and their customers. They are benefitting from the best of all possible materials. But considering a more limited criteria, I think we can all agree that the Glans Wax would be the best possible sealant choice.

Old 06-02-2008, 06:41 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by J_Edwards
Moe, I think that you hit the nail on the head really well.

You can tell the difference, but you are a professional, not just an enthusiast. There is a tremendous difference. I would imagine that white would be one of the most difficult colors to discern this difference on as well.

Add to that, you are using Vintage which is so far beyond a run of the mill, everyday wax. So your point is awesome, that the good stuff can't be surpassed without limitations. That is a huge benefit for pros that use those products, and their customers. They are benefitting from the best of all possible materials. But considering a more limited criteria, I think we can all agree that the Glans Wax would be the best possible sealant choice.
I only use Vintage on my Vintage level details. I also use Titanium and Destiny. Unlike a lot of detailers that will only use Vintage since it's lifetime refillable, I choose to keep the wax and detail level exclusive by only using it when a client chooses that detail package. I've had clients use Titanium and Concours and all rave about the "look" they get as well when switching from the run-of-the-mill waxes they were using. The only thing to remember is that there's a small learning curve when using zymol. You have to take into effect the weather and your technique is important. Most clients find it therapeutic and very enjoyable to get close to their car and give it a hand-applied wax treatment. To this day I get a kick out of it and really enjoy waxing this way. It truly becomes a bonding experience with your car.