Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Scratch on nav screen

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 09:55 AM
dgtlbullet is infamous around these parts
Scratch on nav screen

Guys,

I wanted to know if anybody has any solutions to remove a scratch from my nav screen. Its not bad, yet can get very annoying, especially when in off mode. I will try to get pics during my lunch break but wanted to get recomendations.

Thanks,

Vin

Old 06-23-2008, 10:39 AM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Have a piece of Venture Shield installed on the screen, it will most likely cover the scratch, and protect from further scratching.

John

Old 06-23-2008, 10:57 AM
JoshVette is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by detailjohn
Have a piece of Venture Shield installed on the screen, it will most likely cover the scratch, and protect from further scratching.

John

I agree with John, but think the damage has already been done.
Don't know if there's a way to fix that other then replacing it.

Old 06-23-2008, 12:29 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by JoshVette
I agree with John, but think the damage has already been done.
Don't know if there's a way to fix that other then replacing it.
You might be surprised how much a piece of Venture Shield can hide.

Old 06-23-2008, 03:17 PM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
You might be able to use some plastic polish on it, just be careful.

Old 06-23-2008, 05:47 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Stealth 993
You might be able to use some plastic polish on it, just be careful.
Actually, the nav screen is more of a lcd display and not plastic. So using a plastic polish may hurt the screen. I think the damage has been done and not sure if anything will remedy the situation. As mentioned earlier by john, some clear film may be the answer short of replacing the screen. By the way, they also make screen inserts that are specific to the nav screen that you can use. From the factory, there is a plastic protector on the screen that the dealer usually removes.

Old 06-23-2008, 06:41 PM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
Actually, the nav screen is more of a lcd display and not plastic. So using a plastic polish may hurt the screen. I think the damage has been done and not sure if anything will remedy the situation. As mentioned earlier by john, some clear film may be the answer short of replacing the screen. By the way, they also make screen inserts that are specific to the nav screen that you can use. From the factory, there is a plastic protector on the screen that the dealer usually removes.

Yea, there LCD, but most have a plastic cover. I have used Meguires 2 step plastic polish on my Audis Nav screen & it worked perfectly. But I know some screens have a antiglare coating on them, & the polish might remove that.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:27 AM
cellg8 is infamous around these parts
I have used 1Z Cockpit for it... Is that ok?

Old 06-24-2008, 11:01 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cellg8
I have used 1Z Cockpit for it... Is that ok?
Yes...cockpit premium is excellent to wipe off finger prints, dust, etc.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:50 PM
yeeeeee is infamous around these parts
http://www.displex.com/

Used it on my nav screen and it worked wonders. Took off many scratches, apply it w/ some microfiber.. might take a while but results are well worth it.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:15 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
edonmez is infamous around these parts
That's a tuff fix!