Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

good leather cleaner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 05:35 PM
Banned
MrGloss is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
Gloss It - The product links work for me but not the links in your signature. Interesting that the email link is .net but the web links are .com
Thanks for the heads up! Will Make sure the web links work in the Signature.

Old 06-30-2008, 05:47 PM
Banned
Gloss-it is infamous around these parts
Links are now fixed! Thanks for the heads up. To explain about the whole .net and .com. When I first bought the web domain only gloss-it.net was available. Later I bought gloss-it.com

Old 07-01-2008, 11:28 AM
J_Edwards is infamous around these partsJ_Edwards is infamous around these parts
I too have to vouch for the AutoGylm and Treat combo.

I did a direct comparison between the woolite solution and Autoglym, and although the woolite works excellent as a cleaner, it does leave a slight soapy residue on the surface. The autoglym was just as effective without leaving any residual substances behind.

Treat is a very good leather conditioner, it isn't a heavy conditioner so it can be used fairly regularly. If you need to do some deep conditioning then I recommend Leatherique. I have used it with fantastic results, but it is a product to be used infrequently. With the time it takes for it to be applied and sit in order to work well, it is something you only want to do maybe once or twice a year.

Old 07-01-2008, 02:19 PM
Banned
Gloss-it is infamous around these parts
Checkout the 20% off coupon code we just posted! Maybe this will help make your decision

Last edited by Gloss-it; 07-01-2008 at 02:25 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:17 PM
Euclid is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by J_Edwards
I If you need to do some deep conditioning then I recommend Leatherique. I have used it with fantastic results,
Leatherique has worked WONDERS on my car.
It takes leather that's hard and dirty and makes it clean and soft as a baby's bottom !

Old 07-29-2008, 08:03 AM
Ubermensch is infamous around these parts
I haven't tried many of the cleaners conditioners mentioned in this thread but I will say that I've always had good luck with Lexol. Frankly I get pretty good results out of the woolite/water as a cleaner and some normal hand lotion for conditioning...

Old 07-29-2008, 08:50 AM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by detailersdomain
Try this:

Leather Master Kit

Cleaner - Conditioner - protectant

Matte finish and superior quality product.
I've tried just about every cleaner out there, & this one I keep going back to. It can also clean all the vinyl, plastic, etc...

Leaves the seats feeling pure & clean, it's hard to describe.

I have not tried the gloss-it stuff yet, but I fell Leathermasters will be hard to beat.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:22 PM
rhudeboye is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
The best cleaner I've found, and haven't switched from in 13 years, is Autoglym Interior Cleaner/Shampoo. It's an amazing product from England and it's a true multi-purpose leather cleaner, vinyl cleaner, plastic, carpets, etc. It leaves everything a satin finish and does not have soaps or harsh detergents.

Autoglym Interior Cleaner

Very impressed and happy with the results. My carpet color is linen (light gray) so marks and dirt show readily. Had a water stain there as well. After using the A I C the carpet looked close to new. That product turns a novice into a pro.

Old 07-30-2008, 11:37 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rhudeboye
Very impressed and happy with the results. My carpet color is linen (light gray) so marks and dirt show readily. Had a water stain there as well. After using the A I C the carpet looked close to new. That product turns a novice into a pro.
Glad you liked the product. It's been a life saver for me since 1997.