Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Review w/ PICS: Gloss it vs. Megs M105, 3M Ultrafina, Zaino and Lusso...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 01:05 PM
Banned
Gloss-it is infamous around these parts
Review w/ PICS: Gloss it vs. Megs M105, 3M Ultrafina, Zaino and Lusso...

This review was done by Smoke one of our new gloss-it detail customer from northern New Jersey. His review is very comprehensive and technical. This was his first time using the gloss-it products as you will see the results were amazing

Written By Smoke from Northern New Jersey (Original post on )
http://glossitonline.com
I wanted to see how the gloss it line compared to my regular product stack, in this case I was correcting a heavily swirled panel so I used an aggressive compund followed by a finishing polish. I compared Gloss It's Extreme cut to Megs M105 ultra cut compund, Evolution polish to 3M Ultrafina and Gloss finish to Zaino Z5pro(sealant) topped with Lusso Oro carnauba wax....

I started with a scrap panel I use to test all my products on

LEFT SIDE IS DONE ALL BY GLOSS IT PRODUCTS

RIGHT SIDE IS DONE ALL BY MEGS,3M,ZAINO AND LUSSO ORO.

The panel was corrected a few times before so to compare the 2 cutting polishes (Megs M105 and Gloss It Extreme cut) I used a stiff bristle carpet brush to induce heavy swirl marks and marring.

After inspection with an Infratech CM5300 color matching light I saw both sides were evenly "trashed" and began my prep. No clay was needed so I proceeded with a quick detail spray followed by a thorough IPA wipedown.

First up, Megs most aggressive vs. Gloss It's most aggressive.

Now I use M105 only when I need to and its probably the most aggressive compound/polish around and it is very finicky. It has a super fast working time, I usually lay a bead on the panel, pick it up quick and start working right at 1500rpm, if you spread on low rpm first it will have already flashed. Work time is about 10-12seconds I'd say per small section. Its cuts very very well and leaves a great finish especially for such a heavy compund, the finish is almost LSP ready in most cases.

So I started correction with the left side using M105 and the megs cutting pad. It worked fast as usual at 1500rpm and cut very well leaving a fine finish. I gave it an 50/50 IPA wipedown to inspect the paint. If you look closely however there are still some RIDS and fine swirls left, I'd say after just one hit with M105 the finish was about 85%.

After M105

Gloss it Extreme cut worked IMO more like a polish compared to M105. I know these products are recommended for use on a dual action or random so finding the right setting on my rotary took a little time but I used it at 1200rpm and it worked well. First I spread at 600, then up to 900 then 1200 and back down to 900 for the last few passes to refine the finish and prevent holograms. It broke down smooth overall and was very easy to use, not as finicky as M105. And well the results really shocked me...

After Gloss it Extreme Cut
(Left side w. Gloss it Right side w. Megs)

To be continued.......

Last edited by Gloss-it; 06-28-2008 at 01:08 PM.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:09 PM
stradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the rough
Cool review, but you could have compressed 5 threads into 5 posts into one thread...

Old 06-28-2008, 05:19 PM
Banned
Gloss-it is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by stradaONE8
Cool review, but you could have compressed 5 threads into 5 posts into one thread...

I know its to many post to follow. The system will only allow 10 pictures at a time, had no choice Glad you liked the review

Old 06-29-2008, 02:04 AM
stradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the rough
Weird...oh well. Like I said, very cool review though...wonderful documentation.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:28 AM
Grouse is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Gloss-it
I know its to many post to follow. The system will only allow 10 pictures at a time, had no choice Glad you liked the review
Simply reply to your original post. Just like we are doing.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:55 AM
Tito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud of
you can use http://www.imageshack.us/ which will automatically resize the photos, you can post up to 25 of them, once you click on them you can see the actual size

heres a sample "click on the image"

make sure you "check mark" from the "remove size/resolution bar from thumbnail?

I hope that helps

Last edited by Tito; 06-29-2008 at 01:13 PM.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:37 PM
Smoke7 is infamous around these partsSmoke7 is infamous around these parts
Thanks for putting this up Rich. My goal with these tests was to show people the ability and ease of use of the Gloss It line. I don't want to overstep my boundary on this forum and just starting posting up Gloss It reviews but if its allowed I would like to post my latest review of the products here, this time on a metallic blue Mercedes which needed quite a bit of corretion work. I think it will give people much better idea of what Gloss It can really do.