Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Clear bar cleaners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 06:34 AM
HTP
HTP is infamous around these parts
I have been using an acrylic polish and sealant made for aircraft windshields and have found the results to be fantastic. It also fills in light siwrl marks and prevents bugs from absorbing into the material. Pretty good stuff. Might have to try Premiers "own formula" and see how it stacks up....

Old 10-07-2008, 12:18 PM
YseanY is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by HTP AutoWorks
I have been using an acrylic polish and sealant made for aircraft windshields and have found the results to be fantastic. It also fills in light siwrl marks and prevents bugs from absorbing into the material. Pretty good stuff. Might have to try Premiers "own formula" and see how it stacks up....
the stupid bug and bird crap always soaks into my clear bra. how do you remove this if possible?

what solutions are you using for polish and sealant? i would love something that helps prevent stuff from soaking in and leaving a stain.

Old 10-07-2008, 11:18 PM
ELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by YseanY
the stupid bug and bird crap always soaks into my clear bra. how do you remove this if possible?

what solutions are you using for polish and sealant? i would love something that helps prevent stuff from soaking in and leaving a stain.
The advice I got from the guys at Premier was to clean off the debris thoroughly, then use a heat gun to remove the stain. It worked for me, but I learned a hard lesson. It does take some time for the film to heat up enough to melt the stain away, but if you go too long, the film will bubble. And that's not repairable.

I'd definitely be happy to hear alternative solutions.

Old 10-09-2008, 12:29 PM
YseanY is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ELMEL
The advice I got from the guys at Premier was to clean off the debris thoroughly, then use a heat gun to remove the stain. It worked for me, but I learned a hard lesson. It does take some time for the film to heat up enough to melt the stain away, but if you go too long, the film will bubble. And that's not repairable.

I'd definitely be happy to hear alternative solutions.
i wonder if a blow dryer would be hot enough to work.

all you need to do is heat it up to get out the stain? no rubbing or solutions need to be applied?

Old 10-09-2008, 12:45 PM
Streamlined is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JimGT3
I tested it today and I can tell the difference. They did recommend to clay bar the bra first. Now it actually feels like paint and not plastic. Looks like some really high quality stuff
Are you sure claying is okay? I can't find it at the moment but I swear I saw literature from 3M/Ventureshield instructing not to clay bar the film.

In any case this is their instructions on revitalizing Ventureshield using heat:

Edit - doh that link didn't work - click the "See How" link on this page
http://www.ventureshield.com/products.asp

Hope that is of help to someone

Last edited by Streamlined; 10-09-2008 at 12:52 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:06 PM
auto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to behold
Lightbulb Clay for clear bra

This topic has been covered before, but here is the skinny....

Ventureshield can be clayed, however as Moe and others have stated you need first a fine clay bar(whatever company you use) and lots of lube(silicon free QD preferred) plus SOFT QUALITY microfiber towels then gently clay the film as not to cause undo marring and wipe softly. This short tutorial brought with no product endorsements of any kind for the folks who think I am shilling to much lately(lol).

Old 10-09-2008, 11:23 PM
ELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by YseanY
i wonder if a blow dryer would be hot enough to work.

all you need to do is heat it up to get out the stain? no rubbing or solutions need to be applied?
I tried a blow dryer and it didn't do the trick. I bought a heat gun. It works.

I use my usual cleaners to get the dirt off before applying heat to eliminate the stain. Don;t use heat until you get all the surface dirt off first. If you can feel dirt with your finger, don't apply the heat yet. You'll regret it.

Old 10-10-2008, 01:10 AM
Grouse is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by auto concierge
This topic has been covered before, but here is the skinny....

Ventureshield can be clayed, however as Moe and others have stated you need first a fine clay bar(whatever company you use) and lots of lube(silicon free QD preferred) plus SOFT QUALITY microfiber towels then gently clay the film as not to cause undo marring and wipe softly. This short tutorial brought with no product endorsements of any kind for the folks who think I am shilling to much lately(lol).
I never said you or implied you.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:30 AM
auto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to behold
??

Aaron,

I said people, do not remember saying you........btw, any reason you might respond to this thread??.

Old 10-12-2008, 05:52 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
OK, I've been reading an hearing about this new Premier Product so I had to try it out. Bought a bottle of the Cleaner and Sealant, tried it out last night and all I can say is WOW! What a smooth finish and shine. I'm all for products that make cleaning easier and that don't require water, washing or drying. As some people know I never use water on the 911 or Gallardo. I can detail the entire G in about 30mins now. Premier Products on the clear Bra and The ONE on the rest of the car. All products I've purchased from Premier.

Premier Detailing Products, details from Bob every now and then, a little upkeep and the cars stay looking like new. Couldn't be happier!

http://www.premiermobilegroup.com/pf1_products.shtml

Last edited by Itzkirb; 10-12-2008 at 08:40 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:45 PM
Banned
Gloss-it is infamous around these parts
Its always great to find a product that gives good results with little effort. At the gloss-it detail operation we install the clear bra. When we install the bra we always finish off with our Gloss Enhancer detailer. The detailer not only cleans but also gives great durability & gloss. Bob is a big fan of our quick detailer!

When we deliver the car the customer is given a free bottle of Gloss Enhancer. They love it so much they always return to buy not just one bottle, but are 3 pak.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:02 PM
Wow, way to hijack a plug for another sponsor.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:30 PM
Banned
Gloss-it is infamous around these parts
Its called free enterprise! Competition helps stimulate business for everyone. Not trying to steal fire just wanted let him know there is other products available that work equally as well.

Old 10-12-2008, 10:06 PM
Sorry -- just having a bad day. Sell away.

Old 10-13-2008, 09:09 AM
Erik,

Rich is board sponsor,and I used some of his stuff on your Porsche(lol)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clear bar cleaners