Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Cyclo Orbital Polisher?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 10:48 AM
JimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the rough
I have it and absolutely love it

Old 10-12-2008, 01:26 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Given the number of pro detailers that have the PC. I doubt its a toy.
It might not be as good as a cyclo (it better be better at 3x the cost)
but its not a toy

Old 10-12-2008, 03:01 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OldGuy
Given the number of pro detailers that have the PC. I doubt its a toy.
It might not be as good as a cyclo (it better be better at 3x the cost)
but its not a toy
The PC isn't by any means a toy. However, it comes down to efficiency. The FLEX, since I haven't used the Cyclo and cannot compare, is a tool that will cut your time in 1/3 to 1/2 compared to the PC. It's much quieter and has way less vibration. Bottom line, PC is $99 and FLEX is $279. A typical 2-3 stage paint correction can take 5-10 hours with a PC. Is it worth $180 to save 2-5 hours of your time, the first time? For me, my time is valuable and I'd rather spend the extra and save time and get better results.

But the PC is still a great tool for the DIYer; not sure about the pro.

Old 10-12-2008, 03:40 PM
Smoke7 is infamous around these partsSmoke7 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Sezme
What product were you using?
I used Gloss It extreme cut to correct the trunk area, the rest of the car was polished using Gloss It 1 step machine gloss

Old 10-12-2008, 07:29 PM
Banned
Gloss-it is infamous around these parts
I agree with Detailing Dynamics, Damon and Smoke. The Cyclo is a great polisher for the novice to expert detailer.The polisher is very forgiving and and offers a quick learning curve for machine polishing. When we formulated our paint corrections polishes the Cyclo was the machine used to test and was the favorite of my detail staff. We have found that we can achieve 85 percent paint correction with foam pads and the gloss-it paint correction polishes. We are currently testing 4 inch wool pads to achieve more then 95 percent correction.

Damon has just bought our first set of wool pads for the Cyclo. Maybe he could comment on the results with wool?

When we want 100% paint correction we switch to the hi-speed. This is a sure bet when our customer wants to achieve the best paint correction results.

When you get a chance take a look at the paint correction polishing guide we offer. There are several 6 speed members who have bought our paint correction kit with the Cyclo polisher and achieved great results!. If you interested in buying just the polisher give me a buzz on Monday and I will match or beat anyone else's price.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:48 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gloss-it
........Damon has just bought our first set of wool pads for the Cyclo. Maybe he could comment on the results with wool?
I have only used them on one car so far since I bought them. A buddy of mine took posession of a "dealer prepped" burgandy Explorer that was in awful shape. Very heavy hazing was all over it from cutting compounds improperly applied and not rubbed out properly. The wools worked about 20% faster than the orange foam pads did for heavier scratch removal and left minimal hollogramming. I'd like to use them some more but initial impression is very positive. I was able to get the truck in very good shape in 3.5 hours total time.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 10-21-2008, 11:16 AM
Former Vendor
PRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant future
As a big distributor for Cyclo We can offer a discounted price to 6Speed members only at $255.00 +S/H. If 4 or more orders are placed we will discount the price to $245.00 +S/H.
The Model is CYC80-010/C
it is the new VES (Vibration Elimination System). We just changed all 8 machines we have at the shop and Its like spreading butter on a toast when using this machine.
We will also discount any prices on accessories available for the Cyclo Tool.

Please email your inquiries to: 3Mfilm@detailingdynamics.com

Old 10-21-2008, 01:51 PM
Banned
Gloss-it is infamous around these parts
Now in Stock!! Cyclo Doubleside 4inch wool. These pads are awesome for removing heavy paint imperfections. Use with our extreme cut for best results.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:28 AM
SPEED RACER is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PRFCNST
As a big distributor for Cyclo We can offer a discounted price to 6Speed members only at $255.00 +S/H. If 4 or more orders are placed we will discount the price to $245.00 +S/H.
The Model is CYC80-010/C
it is the new VES (Vibration Elimination System). We just changed all 8 machines we have at the shop and Its like spreading butter on a toast when using this machine.
We will also discount any prices on accessories available for the Cyclo Tool.

Please email your inquiries to: 3Mfilm@detailingdynamics.com
What price can I get for the package with pads included?

Old 10-22-2008, 12:14 PM
Former Vendor
PRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by SPEED RACER
What price can I get for the package with pads included?
The price of the machine is $255 +S/H. The pads price will depends on how many you order at the same time. Please e-mail us at 3Mfilm@detailingdynamics.com with your desired order and we will put together a price quote for you.
Thanks,
Eddie

Old 10-22-2008, 01:14 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Why not buy everything in one shot? Here is the kit I bought from Rich at Gloss-It. It includes EVERYTHING you need for one price. I searched for awhile before buying one and am very impressed with everything it includes. The fact I could get black cars in the kind of shape they were back to darn near dealer condition as a beginner should be testimony enough.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 10-22-2008, 01:44 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by damon@tirerack
Why not buy everything in one shot? Here is the kit I bought from Rich at Gloss-It. It includes EVERYTHING you need for one price. I searched for awhile before buying one and am very impressed with everything it includes. The fact I could get black cars in the kind of shape they were back to darn near dealer condition as a beginner should be testimony enough.
Yes, it does include EVERYTHING. But what if the customer does not need everything? What if they are planning on only glazing and waxing the car? Why spend $500 when maybe half of the things wont be used? What if they already have products they are happy with?
That is why I asked for people to e-mail us with their inquiries and we will personalize their orders after finding out what they are planning on doing and using the machine for?

Old 10-23-2008, 06:25 AM
Former Vendor
Dtlng. Dynamics is a jewel in the roughDtlng. Dynamics is a jewel in the roughDtlng. Dynamics is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by PRFCNST
Yes, it does include EVERYTHING. But what if the customer does not need everything? What if they are planning on only glazing and waxing the car? Why spend $500 when maybe half of the things wont be used? What if they already have products they are happy with?
That is why I asked for people to e-mail us with their inquiries and we will personalize their orders after finding out what they are planning on doing and using the machine for?
Damn, that sounds like a great deal! I'll take two

Old 10-23-2008, 10:32 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Dtlng. Dynamics
Damn, that sounds like a great deal! I'll take two
Send an e-mail, please

Old 11-06-2008, 06:02 PM
car_aficionado is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Smoke7
I used Gloss It extreme cut to correct the trunk area, the rest of the car was polished using Gloss It 1 step machine gloss
and here’s another product that’s easy breezy wipe-on and walk-away product, it’s ULTIMA car care…

Ultima products are so easy to use. - just one coat was all it took, no mixing in of additives—and left it there for a few minutes to make the magic work…another plus about ULTIMA is that the high-quality shine and protection it provides last really long!!!

Last edited by car_aficionado; 11-06-2008 at 06:05 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cyclo Orbital Polisher?