Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Props to Phil @ Detailers Domain

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 10:23 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Smoke7
the SG has terrible battery life...and the infratech, well you plug it into a wall
The sun gun isn't designed for us detailers. It's for the body shop guys that need to check their color matching when painting. On a typical polishing and paint corrections, I'd imagine, if like me, you'd be checking every panel 3-5 times. On a typical car, that's about 42-60 times. Say you do 2-3 paint corrections a week, that's 336-720 uses per month. That's a lot of juice required by a little device.

This is why a simple maglite works for me. Having both the traditional and led version covers you on a wide spectrum. After a while though, you should be sensing how the paint corrections go...may the force be with you

Old 10-26-2008, 11:24 AM
Banned
auto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to behold
Lighting

Moe,

I also have the Maglite led as well as a xenix led, but between the D cell batteries and the lithium batteries for the xenix the Infratech seems to be the best of all worlds for me.