Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Meguiars #16 professional paste wax???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 11:47 AM
leadfoot is infamous around these parts
Meguiars #16 professional paste wax???

Does anyone remember this paste wax(Meguiar's #16 professional paste wax in the blue tin).They do not make it in the United States anymore but I have a few cans of it left.Is this good car wax and up to par with nowaday waxes.I know some people use to swear by this stuff.Any opinions????

Old 11-10-2008, 02:32 PM
95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by leadfoot
Does anyone remember this paste wax(Meguiar's #16 professional paste wax in the blue tin).They do not make it in the United States anymore but I have a few cans of it left.Is this good car wax and up to par with nowaday waxes.I know some people use to swear by this stuff.Any opinions????
I bought a tin off of EBAY as there was a craze about this stuff maybe 18 months ago. Everyone was talking about how great it was, and because I had missed its first coming, I jumped on the bandwagon.

I found it hard to remove with results not much better than the other waxes in my collection.

Does it stack up to more modern waxes? In looks, I believe its about on par, though I cant speak to its durability.

I ended up selling my tin (and breaking even) after the first car as the results simply were't worth the effort to me.

Old 11-10-2008, 02:52 PM
Pats300zx is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 95RogueM3
I bought a tin off of EBAY as there was a craze about this stuff maybe 18 months ago. Everyone was talking about how great it was, and because I had missed its first coming, I jumped on the bandwagon.

I found it hard to remove with results not much better than the other waxes in my collection.

Does it stack up to more modern waxes? In looks, I believe its about on par, though I cant speak to its durability.

I ended up selling my tin (and breaking even) after the first car as the results simply were't worth the effort to me.
My results were similar. I jumped on the 16 bandwagon and still have my tin. Durability was ok and looks were so so. I think there are plenty of other products on the market that look better and last longer.