Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Touch up paint for discontinued color; vendor recommendation request

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 06:03 PM
JonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to behold
Touch up paint for discontinued color; vendor recommendation request

A little over a year ago I purchased some touch up paint from Porsche for a 2003 color. It was really thick--maybe they mixed it in 2003 too!

So, lots of options via Google, but do you have any recommendations that you have used?

Just to be clear; I want paint just for brush touch up of chips, not spraying.
Thanks all!

Old 12-01-2008, 07:00 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JonC4S
A little over a year ago I purchased some touch up paint from Porsche for a 2003 color. It was really thick--maybe they mixed it in 2003 too!

So, lots of options via Google, but do you have any recommendations that you have used?

Just to be clear; I want paint just for brush touch up of chips, not spraying.
Thanks all!
If you can still get it from the dealer, stick with oem. Otherwise, you can get the paint code and have it custom made by a body shop.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:09 PM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
Old 12-02-2008, 07:09 PM
JonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Zookie
Nice link--they have it! Thanks.

BTW, it is Orient Red

Old 12-02-2008, 09:22 PM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JonC4S
Nice link--they have it! Thanks.

BTW, it is Orient Red
I am sure you can get that at your Local Dealer for the same Price...

Porsche like anyother Car maker will Stock all their Colours since start of the Brand, although some might be Special Order from Germany...