Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

is there an interior carpet shampoo/deodorizer that I can pick up locally?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 06:26 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
is there an interior carpet shampoo/deodorizer that I can pick up locally?

Looking to do some interior work on the car tomorrow and dont have time to order anything "professional". Is there any product that you guys use with good results that I can buy over-the-counter at a parts store? Looking to shampoo with a decent neutralizing deodorizer. I'm thinking that the floormats have gotten damp from my shoes over the course of the rainy season and contributed to a funky odor from the carpet. Any leads would be great. Thanks!

Old 12-22-2008, 10:59 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ExclusiveTT
Looking to do some interior work on the car tomorrow and dont have time to order anything "professional". Is there any product that you guys use with good results that I can buy over-the-counter at a parts store? Looking to shampoo with a decent neutralizing deodorizer. I'm thinking that the floormats have gotten damp from my shoes over the course of the rainy season and contributed to a funky odor from the carpet. Any leads would be great. Thanks!
I haven't found anything in the parts store that does the job well. If you can find a local detail shop, call your dealer and ask to speak to the service dept. to find where they get their detailing supplies. You're better off ordering some products and shipping them out 2 or 3 day and doing it right the first time. Time is money...you'll be saving money by doing it right the first time Here's the products of choice that I've used for over 13 years http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...ttle%2C/Detail

Old 12-23-2008, 11:06 AM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
I haven't found anything in the parts store that does the job well. If you can find a local detail shop, call your dealer and ask to speak to the service dept. to find where they get their detailing supplies. You're better off ordering some products and shipping them out 2 or 3 day and doing it right the first time. Time is money...you'll be saving money by doing it right the first time Here's the products of choice that I've used for over 13 years http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...ttle%2C/Detail

Awesome! Thank you very much! Any discounts for a 6speeder?

Old 12-23-2008, 01:25 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome! Thank you very much! Any discounts for a 6speeder?
use promo code "freeship" and shipping via ups ground is free

Old 12-23-2008, 03:16 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Good call Moe. That Autoglym is fantastic stuff.

John

Old 12-23-2008, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
use promo code "freeship" and shipping via ups ground is free
awesome! thanks. Will place an order tomorrow. Do I just dilute it, put it in a spray bottle, and rub it in with a carpet brush?

Old 12-23-2008, 11:35 PM
Premium Sponsor
awesome! thanks. Will place an order tomorrow. Do I just dilute it, put it in a spray bottle, and rub it in with a carpet brush?
Use straight out of the bottle. You can spray on carpets, aggitate with brush, and use a microfiber towel to wipe it off. For leather and doors, etc., simply spray the seats or doors, use a soft shoe brush to aggitate, then wipe off with a micro towel. Make sure the surface is OEM and not re-dyed or touched up. Sometimes, if the repair isn't done properly, the cleaner can remove the dye.

Old 01-17-2009, 10:11 AM
Moe, thanks again for the info. Do you sell a good brush you recommend on the soft leather? Also, are there and small "steam" cleaners for cloth interiors? I was thinking about getting a bissell little green for some of those tougher stains (especially on the alcantara). Are there any of these smaller machines that you recommend? I tried cleaning it with some fabric cleaner and one of those little brushes and the alcantara material started coming off a bit with rubbing. Obviously, I stopped doing that, but the stains remain. Any suggestions here? Thanks.

Old 01-18-2009, 12:09 PM
Premium Sponsor
Moe, thanks again for the info. Do you sell a good brush you recommend on the soft leather? Also, are there and small "steam" cleaners for cloth interiors? I was thinking about getting a bissell little green for some of those tougher stains (especially on the alcantara). Are there any of these smaller machines that you recommend? I tried cleaning it with some fabric cleaner and one of those little brushes and the alcantara material started coming off a bit with rubbing. Obviously, I stopped doing that, but the stains remain. Any suggestions here? Thanks.
You can buy any good boar's hair shoe brush and use that on the leather to further agitate the dirt. As for cleaning alcantara, spraying the autoglym interior cleaner on a towel and wiping the alcantara surface has worked like a charm for me. Don't be afraid to use too much cleaner. Your towel should be damp. As for stem cleaners, I've never needed one as the Autoglym has done the trick. For really soiled matts and carpets, you may need to clean the area a few times. Now, if your carpets are REALLY bad, then just have a professional clean it once, you and maitain it from that point on.

If you really need info about steamers, Phil or Matt should chime in. I think they both use steam cleaners and can give you better advice if you're in the market to get one.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:20 PM
i jsut bought a mcculloch steam cleaner online. It should arrive tomorrow. I will let you know how it works out. I still need to order that autoglym from you though!