Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Ferrari Detailing Products

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 07:03 PM
henryr is infamous around these partshenryr is infamous around these parts
Ferrari Detailing Products

hey guys - i just bought a 575. silver on black. any recommendations on wax, polish and leather treatments. i've used one grand blitz wax, 3m imperial hand glaze and fine cut cleaner, p21s wheel cleaner and lexol on my previous german makes. it's been a couple years since and i am sure i have no clue of the latest and greatest.

with respect to the above products, what is the shelf life of this stuff ? i have left overs that have been stored for several years.

thx

henry

Old 12-24-2008, 10:35 PM
JoshVette is infamous around these parts
You're going to get hudreds of different answers but waxes and sealants are really a personal preference, the real trick to a perfect shine is with claying and removing all the bonded contaminants then polishing out all defects, swirls and such..... then protect it with whatever wax or sealant makes you happy.

Personally I prefer Menzerna for polishing, Zaino for protecting and Gloss It QD for after washings.

Ferrari's tend to have soft clear coats so I would go with mild combinations to start off with, no harsh compounds until you really know what you're doing.

Remeber there are thousands of great products out there but no replacement for proper car care technique.

Josh

Old 12-24-2008, 11:54 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
you will get different answers on the sealant and wax but I would have to say most here would say clay and polishing are 90% or more of the whole process.

I would agree wtih Josh- Menzerna for polishing.

As for leather I would really tell you try out Leather Master products.

Old 12-24-2008, 11:56 PM
McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !
Agreed. Prep work is key to getting a truly flawless finish. I have used Prima's products for a long time and love the ease of use and results. Durability is awesome as well. Check out their Epic sealant and Nourish leather product. Both are great products and their customer service is incredible.

Old 12-29-2008, 01:26 AM
PERFECTION is infamous around these parts
Detailing Dynamics

These guy's are working on high end exotics and there products are made to work just for your vehicle. Go to there web site detailingdynamics.com or call them at 516-967-5267.

Old 01-01-2009, 01:33 AM
Linko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by henryr
hey guys - i just bought a 575. silver on black. any recommendations on wax, polish and leather treatments. i've used one grand blitz wax, 3m imperial hand glaze and fine cut cleaner, p21s wheel cleaner and lexol on my previous german makes. it's been a couple years since and i am sure i have no clue of the latest and greatest.

with respect to the above products, what is the shelf life of this stuff ? i have left overs that have been stored for several years.

thx

henry
Shelf life is one to two years. Depends on some product, but yes, it's on year. Still, I use it anyway because these product are expensive as hell. hehe

Old 01-07-2009, 03:29 PM
Former Vendor
PRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant future
If you contact us directly at the shop we will apply a 10% discount to your purchase as a "6Speedonline" member.

Eddie

Old 01-07-2009, 05:51 PM
blas is infamous around these parts
Leather: Leather Masters Products
Interior: 1z Einszett have good products.
Polishes: Menzerna
Waxes: Swissvax Concorso
Wheels & Tires: P21S Wheel Gel & P21S AutoWash