Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Why can't I find a good detailer in NYC??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 08:37 AM
nyc997cab is infamous around these parts
Why can't I find a good detailer in NYC??

Not NJ or Long Island. You would think there would be a few. What a gold mine. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

Old 12-28-2008, 04:00 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by nyc997cab
Not NJ or Long Island. You would think there would be a few. What a gold mine. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!
If you cannot find someone locally, just have Matt or Phil come to you. This way, you'll know it's being done right.

Old 12-29-2008, 01:12 AM
PERFECTION is infamous around these parts
Detailing Dynamics

Detailing Dynamics is one of the best shops on Earth and it's in Long Island. So your saved.
detailingdynamics.com or call 516-747-4114

Old 12-29-2008, 12:31 PM
ariarec is infamous around these parts
Second that for Detailing Dynamics!. I drove up an hour and half to have them do my Boxster cause of all the great comments I read from the forums. I could not have been happier and I learned a lot by watching them. Great guys and really fun time.

Old 12-29-2008, 12:33 PM
McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !
Dynamics does some great work and is exactly what your looking for. Good luck and as always, post pics! (after of course )

Old 01-01-2009, 01:59 PM
Thanks for your replies. Here in NYC, the car usually sits in the garage all week, so driving to Long Island or New Jersey to drop off then pick up is quite a chore. It would be awesome if there was a shop in Manhattan we could drop off a car one day during the week, and pick it up a few days later. Even better if the detailer could just pick it up at your parking garage and drop it off a day later finished. There are millions of dollars to be had if someone would start something like this.

Old 01-01-2009, 02:30 PM
Are you out of your mind?

You have the best detail shop on Earth at your disposal in Long Island. Detailing Dynamics call and talk with Maria and she will set you up. I am sure they can work something out with you.
call 516-747-4114

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 01-05-2009 at 11:17 PM.
Old 01-01-2009, 02:52 PM
I am FAR from being "out of my mind". You don't seem to understand the logistics or extra costs involved taking a vehicle out of NYC, driving it to Long Island, dropping it off, getting a ride to the local train station, taking the train back to NYC, then doing it all over again to pick it up. All in all about 4-6 hours. I'm simply looking to find someplace here that I can drop it off before/after work and take a 10 minute cab ride to the office. Far different than "suburbia". I would think in a city as large as NYC, there might be a local shop to help out a lot of people who's cars sit in the garage all week while we take a cab or subway to work. There are a lot of luxury cars in town and a local service would be super helpful.

Last edited by nyc997cab; 01-01-2009 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:48 PM
I agree with you. I left Port Washington, NY at 7:40am on the LIRR. Got off at Woodside station and went from track C over to track A to catch the 8:28am train to Jamaica station. Once at Jamaica station went upstairs to the JFK Air Tran and took it to terminal 7. After going through security I boarded the 9:59 flight to Charlotte, NC. Arriving in Charlotte at 12:20 then I connected to another flight to Jacksonville, FL that arrived there at 2:20pm. All to be in Jacksonville to detail a 2008 CL 65 AMG black by the 2nd of January.

It was worth me driving 24 hours the first time I went to New York just to buff cars with Detailing Dynamics. Matt is just that awesome. So if you want your car done right it might not be convenient.

The Mineola LIRR station is just two blocks from their shop and it puts you at Penn station in 40 min. I am sure that Matt’s staff will give you a ride to and from the station.
And they’re going to need your car for more than just one day.

Last edited by PERFECTION; 01-01-2009 at 09:52 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:54 AM
Confused is infamous around these parts
Will your garage allow a detailer to come in?

Old 01-02-2009, 10:16 PM
Good question.

Old 01-04-2009, 07:18 PM
Sorry to say..no. Thanks

Old 01-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Former Vendor
PRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant future
I live in the city area and if its ok to leave my car at your spot I can come and leave my car there, pick yours up and deliver it back the next evening. We already do this for a number of customers from NYC. There is a $65-$80 fee depending on where in the city the car is located. If you become a repeated customer the fee is then waived.

Call me if you would like to discuss further details.

Eddie

Old 01-07-2009, 04:32 PM
Banned
stefwilli is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PRFCNST
I live in the city area and if its ok to leave my car at your spot I can come and leave my car there, pick yours up and deliver it back the next evening. We already do this for a number of customers from NYC. There is a $65-$80 fee depending on where in the city the car is located. If you become a repeated customer the fee is then waived.

Call me if you would like to discuss further details.

Eddie

Now that's Service!!!!