Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Introducing the Uber Flat Foam Buffing Pads from Detailer's Domain

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 04:53 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
Introducing the Uber Flat Foam Buffing Pads from Detailer's Domain

We would like to introduce our new Uber Foam Buffing Pads.

Well how did this come about:

Since I have been selling polishes, pads, and polishers I have been getting that one question:

Customer: What pad do I use for this polish?

DD: I would then ask what mfg is the pad?

Customer: I'm not sure or 3m or maybe LC or maybe meg's etc...

So I started to do some research:

I searched all over the web and found nothing really besides colors that would indicate what step you would use. For newbie and oldies alike I still got the question.

Solutions:
Well we still have colors but we decided to stamped the step on the pad so now we have the orange pad and the step medium polish on the velcro pad and so on, this should help everyone out a bit more.

On top of that I personally as well as most of you all like low profile pads, I have made the 4 inch and 5 inch a height of 1 inch.

As well as that we recessed the velcro to help prevent the velcro from damaging the paint.

Check out how they look:

The step labeled on the back (4 inch pad shown)

1 inch thick (4 inch and 5.5 inch)

Recessed velcro backing (blue pad shown here)

Click here for more info The Uber Foam Pads

Note: All our polisher kits will now include these 4 pads.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:25 PM
Linko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura about
Remember the machine I'm using and I ask you about pads that would work for it. Are these great for it? How about hand polish? They look great for hand polish.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:49 PM
slicknickis3 is infamous around these parts
How do your pads compare in cut to say the CCS pads??

I myself prefer these low profile pads as well...

Old 01-08-2009, 08:04 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
I would say its extremely close to the LC pads.

There are only 2 foam manufactures in the world.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:10 PM
Linko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Linko4
Remember the machine I'm using and I ask you about pads that would work for it. Are these great for it? How about hand polish? They look great for hand polish.
So.....?

Old 01-08-2009, 08:11 PM
Former Vendor
not sure what machine you are using but if you have a velcro backing plate and you are currently using the lc or anything else it should be okay.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:20 PM
I have this Professional 3" Random Orbital

From griots qoute
We strive for perfection in everything we do here at Griot's Garage and our Professional 3" Random Orbital is another great tool to help you achieve car care perfection. Now it's easy to remove swirl marks in small, tight areas where you used to have to do it by hand. Bumpers, mirror housings, windshield wiper cowling, A, B & C-pillars, spoilers, the valence area around your license plate... plus all of the tight areas that our 6" Orbital just can't reach. Did I mention motorcycles? How about metal surfaces? Have you ordered one yet? No? Let's continue... I recently picked up a new car that had a rough film on the inside of the windshield! (Just when I thought I had seen everything...) Adhesive remover was working slowly on this stuff but it was going to be a long, laborious job. So, I took out our new 3" Orbital, applied Glass Polish to one of our foam pads, and removed the unknown residue from the entire windshield in under 10 minutes! But wait, there's more! Wheels can now be polished and waxed with minimal fuss. You get the picture... I'm sure you'll find your own uses for this highly versatile orbital. The body is only 2" wide, 4 1/2" tall, and 10 1/2" long. The variable speed, 240 watt motor also spins to 10,000 orbits per minute. A perfect companion to our 6" Orbital so you can achieve paint polishing perfection in any area. Enjoy paint perfection!
I used the Three Mini 3" Orange Polish Pads

Old 01-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Former Vendor
you should be able to use our 4 inch pads.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:30 PM
Cool. I'm going to order it next time. If I seen it when i bought my towels, I would've bought it already. Dark. The Griots pads works great on tail lights, but I'm not satisfied on my roof of the car.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:51 AM
Banned
Envious Eric is infamous around these parts
great, more products to try out...thanks a lot