Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Porsche Tail Rubber

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 06:44 PM
ridgebk995 is infamous around these parts
Porsche Tail Rubber

What is the best product to use on Porsche RSA tail rubber? Mine seems to be rather porous and inconsistent in its sheen--possibly do to some breakdown in the porosity of the rubber.

I want to properly clean it and treat it

Any thoughts?

Old 04-05-2009, 10:28 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ridgebk995
What is the best product to use on Porsche RSA tail rubber? Mine seems to be rather porous and inconsistent in its sheen--possibly do to some breakdown in the porosity of the rubber.

I want to properly clean it and treat it

Any thoughts?
Very simple. It's a two-part process. This process applies to any rubber trim as well.

Step 1: Clean the rubber first. Use a vinyl/rubber/plastic cleaner like the one from Einszett. This will remove any old petroleum-based products from the rubber and deep clean the rubber giving it a flat finish. The flatter the finish, the better.

Step2: Condition using a high-quality product like Zymol Tyre, 303 Aerospace Protectant, or Swissvax Pneu.

You can use a inexpensive microfiber towel for all the cleaning and conditioning. Repeat the conditioning part for a few months. You only need to condition every other week.

Hope this helps.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:52 AM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
Those are definitely great suggestions from Moe, however you may get a longer effect by using Swissvax Nano Express Plastic and Rubber Care this should last about a month after the rubber has been cleaned with a degreaswer like P21S Total Autowash.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:57 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Here are some actual before/afters of the einszett cleaner and zymol tyre:

Notice the right side molding and the left. The left has a clean satin look.

The great thing about zymol tyre is that you can use is to condition your tires as well.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:07 AM
D!Tailed is infamous around these parts
I've had great luck with Black Wow as well. As long as you prep as per the directions, it has had amazing results for me and it lasts well also.

Here's a before and after I found for Black Wow

D!

Old 04-06-2009, 09:11 AM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
Black Wow is great as well but you don't want to use it on rubber.