Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Zymol vs. Zaino...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 09:45 AM
heron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond repute
Zymol vs. Zaino...

is this like comparing apples to oranges (wax vs. polymer)? I think the degree of paint preparation would be the same to get good results for either product. I have the "special" Zymol wax formulated for Porsche cars but have also used Zaino woth good results. I beleive the Zaino product lasts longer... your thoughts?

Old 04-23-2009, 09:52 AM
SXN
SXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to behold
I've only used Zaino but from what I've seen and read. Zymol is a better product.
I just don't wanna pay so much for wax haha

Old 04-23-2009, 10:09 AM
ZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant future
Yes, apples to oranges.

Zaino is a sealant and Zymol is a carnauba wax. Zaino will last longer because of that. Appearance is subjective - personal preference.

You hit the nail on the head...the proper prep work is the most important factor, regardless of what wax/sealant you use.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:17 AM
TOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to behold
As you suggest Zanio is a polymer that provides durability and being a clear product will allow the paint colour through

b) Zymol is a Carnauba wax / glaze that provides Colour, Depth and Clarity but with limited durability.

Durability is a practical aspect, whereas colour and depth are very subjective, why not combine both atributes?

Old 04-23-2009, 10:25 AM
Gungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant future
+1 on paint prep. You can wax crap, but it is still just crap with wax....

I really like the heavy shine that you get with Zaino. That would be my preference to any carnuba wax. Zaino looks incredible on darker metalics. I used it on my 3000GT that I used to have and the results were amazing. If you like Zaino and polymer wax you may want to try Optimum Poli-seal followed by Optimum Opti-seal. That combo is my new found love on polymer wax. Sealants Rock.

Old 04-23-2009, 05:06 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
I love the look of Zymol, it has an incredible glow. If you are using it on the beautiful dark colored Porsche on your avatar, I recommend just wax it every month or every other month with Zymol, and it will always look great. On a dark colored paint job you need to give it lots of special attention anyways, might as well put on the best. Polymers just don't have that "glow" of a carnauba wax. If you want the ultimate protection, you cal always use both. Seal it with Zaino, and the next day apply a coat of Zymol. Moe is the Zymol man on here, might want to get ahold of him.

John

Old 04-24-2009, 07:02 AM
heron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond repute
I have a confession - I have never waxed the car myself - I have always had it professionally done I wash it and carefully dry it with the chamwow but that is it.. The last time I had it done, the detailers did a really poor job so I am thinking of doing it myself. I do own all the stuff and do my other cars on my own...

So what do you think? Zymol on top of Zaino?

Old 04-24-2009, 07:56 AM
ZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by heron163
So what do you think? Zymol on top of Zaino?
You can try it and see what you think. *I* have never noticed a significant difference topping Zaino with carnauba.

P.S. Get rid of that Shamwow quick! Get a quality waffle weave drying towel.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:11 PM
Denver996tt has a spectacular aura aboutDenver996tt has a spectacular aura about
Like others on this thread, I never saw the benefits of using carnauba wax over a synthetic sealant. The benefits of Zaino are that it produces and incredible shine, lasts forever, is easy to apply, and is cheap.

On my car I use Menzerna polishes with Zaino Z2 as the last step. As you can in the attached pic taken with my cellphone, the reflection produced is pretty impressive...

Attached Images  
Old 05-07-2009, 10:33 AM
D!Tailed is infamous around these parts
I used to be a really big fan of Zaino and it really is a nice product. But with the time that it takes to apply and the confusion for some around that, I have found many, including myself, that wanted to look for something else. Zymol is great, but as was stated earlier, it's pretty pricey. That's why I'm currently hooked on the Prima line. It's easy to use and it is relatively inexpensive. I had been using the Meguiar's detailer's line stuff, but I found that the Prima didn't need as much pressure (at least when using a PC) to get the same correction. That pressure difference worked wonders for my shoulders and back!

my 2 cents.

D!

Old 05-07-2009, 05:56 PM
stradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the rough
As stated above, Moe is the man to ask about Zymol.

I myself have used Zaino for some time now, I like it purely for the durability as my car is a true DD for rain/snow/shine. It does a great job at putting a durable layer between the elements and the paint but I think the shine is a bit 'sterile' for lack of a better word. It shines well enough, but it has very little warmth or depth to it. It's more like a very reflective layer that is almost superficial, this contrasts to a nice carnauba like Zymol that adds a richness and true depth to the shine that you just cannot get from a polymer (thus far anyways).

If you are looking purely for protection and durability, by all means go for the Zaino. It's become easier and faster to use with each successive generation of the product line and really is a quite a nice product for the price. But if your car is weekend warrior that you want looking it's absolute best, then Zymol is the way to go IMO. I know when I have a pet car that will not see the abuses of daily life, it will surely get a nice carnauba on top of perfect paint prep.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:18 PM
D_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant future
On my previous car, i used zaino. It was red and it was super shiny, but it almost looked as if it had a coat of plastic on it. It didn't have a good look even though it was shiny. I now use Pinnacle Souveran on a black turbo. It isn't as expensive as some Zymol's and it looks awesome IMO.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:44 PM
stradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by D_Nyholm
On my previous car, i used zaino. It was red and it was super shiny, but it almost looked as if it had a coat of plastic on it. It didn't have a good look even though it was shiny. I now use Pinnacle Souveran on a black turbo. It isn't as expensive as some Zymol's and it looks awesome IMO.
My sentiments exactly...the car shines, but it just has no passion behind it, it's hard to explain in words, but when you see it it's obvious, especially on darker cars. On my newer lighter blue colored car it's less apparent.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:47 PM
Banned
Chubbs is infamous around these parts
Zymol Estate... /thread

Old 05-20-2009, 02:55 PM
kwerks has a spectacular aura aboutkwerks has a spectacular aura aboutkwerks has a spectacular aura about
I'v used both and I think if you follow the steps perfectly for zaino it has the better effect. Especially with 4 layers of clear on. Some of the best looking wet gloss I'v ever seen. Again...having applied it properly.