Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Help with buffing out clearcoat scratches

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 11:57 AM
07turbo is infamous around these parts
Help with buffing out clearcoat scratches

Hi,

I didn't discover this till the other day when i washed my car but it looks like my car was tapped either in parking lot or on the street from the rear.

I have been interested in detailing my cars myself and was looking at buying a Flex to help me with with the polish stage.

So my question to all the experts is does it look like a Flex will get these scratches out. From the videos and posts i seen, i think it will as it seems like an amazing tool. I just want to make sure that it will since i am using this unfortunate event as the reason to spend the $$$. Even if it gets most of it out with several passes, i'll be a happy camper.

I also have some swirling on the rear quarter of the car going back to the bumper so i'll be happy to get those out as well.

Cheers

Attached Images   
Old 05-18-2009, 12:29 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 07turbo
Hi,

I didn't discover this till the other day when i washed my car but it looks like my car was tapped either in parking lot or on the street from the rear.

I have been interested in detailing my cars myself and was looking at buying a Flex to help me with with the polish stage.

So my question to all the experts is does it look like a Flex will get these scratches out. From the videos and posts i seen, i think it will as it seems like an amazing tool. I just want to make sure that it will since i am using this unfortunate event as the reason to spend the $$$. Even if it gets most of it out with several passes, i'll be a happy camper.

I also have some swirling on the rear quarter of the car going back to the bumper so i'll be happy to get those out as well.

Cheers
The flex will do a great job on those swirls. You need the right polish and pad combo. Use the orange ccs pad and Menzerna SIP, then finish with the white ccs pad and Menzerna Super Finish.

Here's a great kit that has everything you'll need:

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...sh-Kits/Detail

Old 05-18-2009, 12:34 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Almost forgot, if you don't already have the wax, get the einszett Glanz, and a Red CCS pad and apply it with the flex.

Old 05-18-2009, 12:49 PM
07turbo is infamous around these parts
Thanks Moe.

The link to the red pad is a 7.5" pad.

Will this work with the flex? Everything i read says 5.5" or 6.5"

Also, do you like the LC CC DA pads or the Sonus SFX pads?

Thanks

Old 05-18-2009, 12:51 PM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by 07turbo
Thanks Moe.

The link to the red pad is a 7.5" pad.

Will this work with the flex? Everything i read says 5.5" or 6.5"

Also, do you like the LC CC DA pads or the Sonus SFX pads?

Thanks
All our GP polishing pads are made by Lake Country. Through our research, the 7.5" CCS curved pad is the most efficient pad to use with the flex.

Old 05-18-2009, 02:16 PM
Banned
Envious Eric is infamous around these parts
what make car is this? might need to finish down with a softer pad if its something like a honda or bmw...

and if there are swirl marks all over the rear QP, I will put money on it that they are all over the car as well, so you might as well make a day of it and hit the whole car!

You are in canada, check out Eshine.ca for some deals as well if you need local!

Old 05-18-2009, 06:38 PM
slanguage is infamous around these parts
SIP with an orange pad and PO85RD with a blue pad will finish it down nicely and give you a hologram free finish. It will then be LSP ready.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:28 PM
Banned
Envious Eric is infamous around these parts
shouldnt get holograms with the flex at all from what I hear (havent used one yet) Its supposed to be as safe as the PC, but cut more like a rotary - faster!

if its a BMW black or a honda black, I would say SIP and a polishing pad, then follow up with a finishing pad and FPII!!!