Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Haze around emblem.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 11:53 AM
blackcat is infamous around these parts
Haze around emblem.

Hi guys, I'm new to the boards but found it through a search on removing wax from a clear bra. Great info here. I'm looking for a tip on removing a haze from around the crevices of my emblem badging. I have a black CLK 55 AMG so there is a good deal of nooks and crannies around the lettering I can't seem to remove this haze from. I can't tell if it's from polish or wax ( I use Sonos and Klasse followed by P21 carnuba). Any help is greatly appreciated. BTW I recently ordered some new stuff from Moe and it was shipped out the same day! Great work Moe. FYI I tried to remove the wax from my clear bra with a q-tip and alcohol like some one suggested, but it hazed my "Tuff Guard" clear bra in the one spot I tested. Looks like it will polish out though. Moe came to the rescue again with his toothpick suggestion which actually worked better and faster.

Old 05-19-2009, 12:15 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
I usually use a q-tip, and some mild swirl mark remover to get into all the crevices, then wipe clean with a microfiber towel.

John

Old 05-19-2009, 01:39 PM
ZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by detailjohn
I usually use a q-tip, and some mild swirl mark remover to get into all the crevices, then wipe clean with a microfiber towel.

John
That is probably what I would try if you think the paint itself is actually hazed and not just some sort of residue.

Old 05-19-2009, 03:10 PM
blackcat is infamous around these parts
Great, I'll give it a try. I'm not sure if it's residue or haze, but I've tried q-tips and quick detail sprays which didn't. Hopefully this will be the answer.

Old 05-19-2009, 03:49 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by blackcat
Hi guys, I'm new to the boards but found it through a search on removing wax from a clear bra. Great info here. I'm looking for a tip on removing a haze from around the crevices of my emblem badging. I have a black CLK 55 AMG so there is a good deal of nooks and crannies around the lettering I can't seem to remove this haze from. I can't tell if it's from polish or wax ( I use Sonos and Klasse followed by P21 carnuba). Any help is greatly appreciated. BTW I recently ordered some new stuff from Moe and it was shipped out the same day! Great work Moe. FYI I tried to remove the wax from my clear bra with a q-tip and alcohol like some one suggested, but it hazed my "Tuff Guard" clear bra in the one spot I tested. Looks like it will polish out though. Moe came to the rescue again with his toothpick suggestion which actually worked better and faster.
A little polish on a microfiber and gently rub the areas that are hazed. The hazing is most likely polish or wash that wasn't removed and washing the car may have dissolved it enough that it's now a little stubborn to remove. Just repolish, and make sure you get all the residue off this time