Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

1971 Plymouth Barracuda 440 Six Barrel Detail and Paint Correction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 01:56 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by J_Edwards
Truly excellent Moe, it is the details like this that truly separate the absolute professionals from everyone else. The absolute attention to detail on something like this is clearly evident and I am confident is another example of pictures truly not doing the work justice.

Awesome, I hate that I like that color so much.
Thanks for the kind words Jon...this car was a nice change from the usual details. It was a great deal of fun.

Old 06-18-2009, 02:35 PM
D!Tailed is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
As for pricing, i don't discuss that openly. Each vehicle is different and I'd be happy to discuss your particular needs if you're interested.
Do you generally run a ballpark hourly rate, or is it a quote per car type, or is it pretty close to the estimation tool you have on your site?

D!

Old 06-19-2009, 02:52 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by D!Tailed
Do you generally run a ballpark hourly rate, or is it a quote per car type, or is it pretty close to the estimation tool you have on your site?

D!
I treat each car differently; but the custom pricing on the website will give clients the correct idea. I approach detailing in a way a physician would. A one-size-fits-all hourly rate or quote doesn't really apply. I'm sure others have their way, this just happens to work for me and my niche.

Old 06-19-2009, 02:59 PM
D!Tailed is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
I treat each car differently; but the custom pricing on the website will give clients the correct idea. I approach detailing in a way a physician would. A one-size-fits-all hourly rate or quote doesn't really apply. I'm sure others have their way, this just happens to work for me and my niche.
That's really helpful Moe. I'm just trying to figure out my pricing so I was interested in how you price stuff out.

Thanks!

D!

Old 06-19-2009, 03:20 PM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by D!Tailed
That's really helpful Moe. I'm just trying to figure out my pricing so I was interested in how you price stuff out.

Thanks!

D!
Glad I can help. At the end of the day, it's a detailer's job to make the client comfortable and educate him/her on the correct process and the proper compensation. I think the more experience you have, the more you've seen things and know how to remedy the situation. If you're willing to invest the time and make automotive detailing your career, your experience and skill level should demand higher premiums. This particular Cuda did have an issue that I knew would arise on the black matte stickers. Instead of not knowing what to do or getting nervious, I made a few educated tries to remedy the problem, and all was well. I had the client in the garage with me at the time, which meant I had to have even more professional control at the time. All worked out well, and it occured to me that's why guys like me can demand our pricing. This can only be chalked up to making mistakes that you learn from over the years. Over time, your clients see what you do and what you charge as an excellent value instead of a higher cost detail.

Old 06-19-2009, 05:56 PM
Pats300zx is infamous around these parts
Awesome job as always Moe. It must have been a pleasure to work on such a classic.

Old 06-19-2009, 11:39 PM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by Pats300zx
Awesome job as always Moe. It must have been a pleasure to work on such a classic.
Thanks Pat...appreciate you checking this out. It was a lot of fun working on this Cuda...looking forward to doing more of the same for this client.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:57 AM
Dan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura about
Great work, very nice write up!

Old 07-03-2009, 11:35 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by Dan1
Great work, very nice write up!
Thanks for looking Dan..

Old 08-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by MuttGrunt
beautiful work. Not often are pro's posting up beautiful classics like this!
Thanks for looking. This cuda was a treat to work on and a rare privilege.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:33 PM
hhseouljah is infamous around these parts
wow. beautiful cuda.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:54 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by hhseouljah
wow. beautiful cuda.
Just did a mini detail yesterday to freshen her up....it's a lot of fun working on this car.